Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

has anyone got one of these tesla bentley screens yet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 04:19 PM
Registered PM
fstick09 is on a distinguished road
Update on the Pyramid NS-60.

I desoldered the green and gray input wires and replaced them with male RCA plugs, I removed my unit and tried putting the unit in-line, however it only seemed to decrease the audio output, not increase. I tried it both directions and neither was an improvement. Even with the Level adjustments cranked all the way, music was barley audible.

Old 05-06-2021, 08:16 PM
TnaMree is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, I wanted to see if anyone else has purchased/installed or found any other threads/links that discuss. We’re you able to figure out flickering light - updates? Still happy with purchase?
thank you

Old 05-07-2021, 11:50 AM
Registered PM
Originally Posted by TnaMree
Hi, I wanted to see if anyone else has purchased/installed or found any other threads/links that discuss. We’re you able to figure out flickering light - updates? Still happy with purchase?
thank you
Hey TnaMree,

Overall I am very happy with the unit. The seller's tech support finally gave me some direction as to the setting to change to see if that fixes it.

I recently added an AT&T SIM to the unit off my plan with unlimited data. I am liking the unit even more now that I don't have to worry about waiting for the hot spot to connect to my phone each drive. I also installed a new launcher called "Car Launcher" that allows you to completely customize the layout and objects on the home screen. I am using it on my other Android units and really like it.

Gary

Old 05-10-2021, 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by fstick09
Hey TnaMree,

Overall I am very happy with the unit. The seller's tech support finally gave me some direction as to the setting to change to see if that fixes it.

I recently added an AT&T SIM to the unit off my plan with unlimited data. I am liking the unit even more now that I don't have to worry about waiting for the hot spot to connect to my phone each drive. I also installed a new launcher called "Car Launcher" that allows you to completely customize the layout and objects on the home screen. I am using it on my other Android units and really like it.

Gary
Thank you Gary,
My unit should ship next week, I’m hoping I have as good as luck as you. Did unit come with SIM card option or did you have to buy in addition. Will unit work with IPhone? Does the app you mention have an apple version? Have you figured out how to update firmware? Lastly, prior to install did you have any TPMS faults - I have long standing fault, thinking due to consistent below freeze temps where I live, elevation not helping and trying to determine how unit will handle.
again thank you

Old 05-10-2021, 08:36 AM
Registered PM
Did unit come with SIM card option or did you have to buy in addition. My unit came with the SIM card support built in.

Will unit work with IPhone? Prior to installing the SIM, my wife has an iPhone and she uses CarPlay with the unit (wired) and it worked well.

Does the app you mention have an apple version? The Car Launcher application installs on the Android Unit and then you make it the default "Launcher" app in settings.

Have you figured out how to update firmware? Unfortunately, no. The seller did mention sending me a firmware update as a fix for the flickering screen, but then never sent anything and focused on a Screen Current setting as the fix (not fixed yet).

Lastly, prior to install did you have any TPMS faults - I have long standing fault, thinking due to consistent below freeze temps where I live, elevation not helping and trying to determine how unit will handle. My TPMS was not working when I bought the car, so I purchased the RossTech cable and software to disable the built in TPMS after pulling the fuse (there are lots of threads here about that). I just replaced my wheels and tires so I bought a bluetooth TPMS system from Amazon that works with the new android HU and it works really well.

Old 05-11-2021, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by fstick09
Did unit come with SIM card option or did you have to buy in addition. My unit came with the SIM card support built in.

Will unit work with IPhone? Prior to installing the SIM, my wife has an iPhone and she uses CarPlay with the unit (wired) and it worked well.

Does the app you mention have an apple version? The Car Launcher application installs on the Android Unit and then you make it the default "Launcher" app in settings.

Have you figured out how to update firmware? Unfortunately, no. The seller did mention sending me a firmware update as a fix for the flickering screen, but then never sent anything and focused on a Screen Current setting as the fix (not fixed yet).

Lastly, prior to install did you have any TPMS faults - I have long standing fault, thinking due to consistent below freeze temps where I live, elevation not helping and trying to determine how unit will handle. My TPMS was not working when I bought the car, so I purchased the RossTech cable and software to disable the built in TPMS after pulling the fuse (there are lots of threads here about that). I just replaced my wheels and tires so I bought a bluetooth TPMS system from Amazon that works with the new android HU and it works really well.
Thank you - can you please advise on which TPMS system you purchased on Amazon? I have Ross Tech cable - was hoping to fix issue but even if I was able to figure out fault from my research low temp would continue to cause issue in Bentley system.

if you or anyone else have updates as time moves forward would appreciate posting.

Old 05-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Registered PM
The TPMS from amazon I purchased was from the seller Qiilu. It is the external kind which I probably wouldn't install on my old wheels, but my new wheels had a second valve stem on the inside so you can't see the big mushroom sensors.
​​​​​​I do believe they sell and internal version as well.

USB Tire Pressure Monitor System TPMS External Sensors for Android Navigation Display

Old 05-23-2021, 07:23 AM
Firmware update

Thank you for TMPS info.

So been doing some research - interestingly I noted that password in video from Neal of screen reference the the same one in a Joying Android 10 head unit video I watched. Screens functionality also seem to be the same so I checked and the joying website provides firmware update for their devices - has anyone checked it out? Unfortunately I’m not technically savvy enough to determine if we can use and there is a warning to not use incorrect updates (they have different updates for Android 10, 8 etc) but thinking it would be same depending on model you have. Also a couple of the functionality issues are the same for example the C to F mentioned in previous posts in this string. Thoughts anyone?

Old 05-23-2021, 09:59 AM
Registered PM
Can you share the link to that site? I would like to check it out.