Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Can anyone see a legitimate reason not to buy this VCDS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 08:01 AM
flaav8r is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone see a legitimate reason not to buy this VCDS?

Hey guys, out of the clear blue, my 07 CGT CEL came on. I was looking at this VCDS on eBay. It appears to be the latest Ross Tech at half the price. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Here is the link below:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LATEST-19-6-1-PRO-VAG-COM-VCDS-HEX-CAN-USB-DIAGNOSTIC-TOOL-AUDI-VW-SEAT-VAG-COM/283756095516?hash=item42112e681c:g:P-oAAOSwkXddaY9u

Also, I'd like to get a service CD if anyone has a lead on one of those.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-25-2020 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:30 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
It appears to be a clone, also the seller is using two different photos of the dongle, one says "Ross-Tech' on it, and the one you will most likely receive does not.
It also is not the latest hardware by Ross-Tech, the seller is including a CD with the latest RT software, BUT you can NOT update the software as the unit will cease to work if you do, see the sellers comment, " Please only use the software provided on the CD, do not attempt to update or upgrade the software from internet as your VAG COM may break. If you only use the software provided on the CD, you will not have any concerns.".

Johnny

Originally Posted by flaav8r
Hey guys, out of the clear blue, my 07 CGT CEL came on. I was looking at this VCDS on eBay. It appears to be the latest Ross Tech at half the price. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Here is the link below:

Also, I'd like to get a service CD if anyone has a lead on one of those.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-25-2020 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:52 AM
flaav8r is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
It appears to be a clone, also the seller is using two different photos of the dongle, one says "Ross-Tech' on it, and the one you will most likely receive does not.
It also is not the latest hardware by Ross-Tech, the seller is including a CD with the latest RT software, BUT you can NOT update the software as the unit will cease to work if you do, see the sellers comment, " Please only use the software provided on the CD, do not attempt to update or upgrade the software from internet as your VAG COM may break. If you only use the software provided on the CD, you will not have any concerns.".

Johnny

Good eye. I didn't catch the label difference. That's why it pays to ask these questions here.