Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley air suspension restart

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 04:53 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
@Recher123321 ,
Response in RED.

Originally Posted by Recher123321
Hi
I only changed the android screen,that’s all.
What is the Android screen, the Bentley didn't come with an Android screen.
Please explain, did you replace the original Bentley infotainment head unit with the Tesla type screen, or did you retro fit the original infotainment head unit with a android type touch screen ?

Do you know the underlying logic of jack mode?
Yes
Does it lock the suspension by controlling the valve link via a solenoid valve?
No, it does not lock the suspension struts in the way that you are thinking, it does not lock the moment of the struts, it only turns off the system, meaning, it shuts the system down, it is mostly for using the supplied jack on the side of the road for changing a flat tire, therefore in shutting down the system, the compressor will not operate, the suspension level sensors will not tell the suspension control module to add or remove air from any of the struts, it is so that while you are jacking up the vehicle, the bags do not inflate or deflate, therefore having the vehicle shift weight, and having the jack fall over, therefore having the vehicle fall to the ground, been there done that...

I can confirm that my suspension is locked in some way, because it was raised by jack and he would show the normal ride height, not the maximum height, and when jack was lowered the car would sit on the tire again because there was no air in the air bag,Now the more difficult is how to unlock the suspansion solenoid valve (note: not the distribution solenoid valve on the compressor,is the 2pin solenoid valve on the suspansion)

This needs clarification, it makes no sense, sorry.
As to your next comment in the following post, how did the shop reverse the plugs, they only plug in one way.

Please post the pictures of the struts installed, showing the Bentley labels with the part numbers as previously discussed.

As to this picture, please explain what it is, this is not a Bentley strut.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 06-09-2023 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-16-2023, 11:29 AM
Ksharp is an unknown quantity at this point
Help urgent!!

So when I raise my 2005 Continental GT the right rear will rise but then won’t stay up and just goes back down once it rises to the tires… what’s wrong?? Somehow I found White cable that looked like it’s been cut but not sure from where please someone tell me I don’t have to replace anything but that wire??

Old 08-16-2023, 01:19 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
@Recher123321 ,
We went through a lot of discussion here trying to get to the bottom of your issue, and you disappeared after my last response...
What was the outcome, what was the issue ?

Johnny

Old 08-16-2023, 01:27 PM
Administrator
Hello @Ksharp ,
First, Welcome to 6speedonline !

As to your issue, please give more info, as maybe a picture of the "white cable" you think is cut.

Also give us some details, as in if you have had the vehicle for a period of time and all way ok, or if you just received the vehicle in this condition.

If the right rear strut is filling, but then drops, then you have a leak, be it the air bladder portion of the strut itself, or the air line feeding it, or at the valve block at the compressor, but regardless, none of the air lines that feed any of the struts or the accumulator are white, unless someone has pieced in a piece of white plastic air line for a repair.

Johhny

Originally Posted by Ksharp
So when I raise my 2005 Continental GT the right rear will rise but then won’t stay up and just goes back down once it rises to the tires… what’s wrong?? Somehow I found White cable that looked like it’s been cut but not sure from where please someone tell me I don’t have to replace anything but that wire??

Old 08-17-2023, 10:58 AM
Ksharp is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Hello @Ksharp ,
First, Welcome to 6speedonline !

As to your issue, please give more info, as maybe a picture of the "white cable" you think is cut.

Also give us some details, as in if you have had the vehicle for a period of time and all way ok, or if you just received the vehicle in this condition.

If the right rear strut is filling, but then drops, then you have a leak, be it the air bladder portion of the strut itself, or the air line feeding it, or at the valve block at the compressor, but regardless, none of the air lines that feed any of the struts or the accumulator are white, unless someone has pieced in a piece of white plastic air line for a repair.

Johhny

disregard the white cable.

I’ve had the car for quite some time now about 2 years and everything was working ok when I would raise it and lower it, just recently, today actually I realized the car was leaning and went to raise it and realized once it raises it drops back down looking like a leak or maybe just needs to be reset? I had an issue before with the seats and outlets wouldn’t work and had them reset. Also an alert just started showing up “fault level workshop”.

is there an actual compressor besides the strut that pumps the air or it’s all one peice?

Old 08-18-2023, 06:06 PM
Administrator
@Ksharp ,
Yes, there is an actual compressor, along with the valve block, the accumulator tank, 4 struts with air bladders, 4 level control sensors at each corner, 6 air lines, one from the compressor to the valve block (very short, black), one from the valve block to the accumulator tank in the drivers rear quarter panel (purple), and the remaining 4 that go to each strut, then the is the suspension control module itself located behind the drivers rear seat side panel.

The fact that the corner is lifting, but then falling, that to me means that the level sensor on that corner is working properly, as it is calling for it to raise said corner, so, you likely have a leak in either that strut bladder, or it's line from strut to valve block, or the valve block itself.

Johnny