Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2004 air suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 09:55 AM
Yoghurtshotgun is infamous around these parts
2004 air suspension

Hi guys I don't wanna repeat a thread from some else but can't seem to find the info I need.
drivers side front( UK ) went low so ordered a shock it arrived and it was locked out tight no play on the damper so on inspection it looked as if they test these with water at manufacturers to prove no air leaks and this one was rusty.i contacted vendor who sent me a replacement and this moved freely so I fitted .overnight it dropped 🙈.when I start car it pumps up and stays as is all day and ride is fine .I told vendor i believed strutt was leaking and he said if I buy a new one and send old one back he will refund.anyway new one arrived and this one (like the first) has no travel when I lean on it .if I tried and fitted it it would be impossible to fit as the strutt needs to be compressed to fit it.the question is am I missing something???? Does the shock have a valve to stop air coming back to the pump?? If so how does the pump pump and suck the air out my brain is going crazy trying to work this out .does anyone have a detailed procedure to fit one as my manual is on my broken laptop thanks guys

Old 04-24-2020, 10:38 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
Hi guys I don't wanna repeat a thread from some else but can't seem to find the info I need.
drivers side front( UK ) went low so ordered a shock it arrived and it was locked out tight no play on the damper so on inspection it looked as if they test these with water at manufacturers to prove no air leaks and this one was rusty.i contacted vendor who sent me a replacement and this moved freely so I fitted .overnight it dropped 🙈.when I start car it pumps up and stays as is all day and ride is fine .I told vendor i believed strutt was leaking and he said if I buy a new one and send old one back he will refund.anyway new one arrived and this one (like the first) has no travel when I lean on it .if I tried and fitted it it would be impossible to fit as the strutt needs to be compressed to fit it.the question is am I missing something???? Does the shock have a valve to stop air coming back to the pump?? If so how does the pump pump and suck the air out my brain is going crazy trying to work this out .does anyone have a detailed procedure to fit one as my manual is on my broken laptop thanks guys
Hello @Yoghurtshotgun ,
First off, please tell us who you are dealing with as to the purchase.
As to the airbag on the strut having air pressure in it while not attached to the vehicle, Yes, there is a valve on the airbag housing where the air line connects, it is a residual pressure valve that keeps a certain pressure so as to not have the suspension bottom out (when not leaking), the tech who worked on the unit most likely failed to release the test pressure and collapse the strut so that it would be at proper length for you to install, you can unscrew the brass valve to release the pressure.

Are you sure that there is air in the bag, or is the hydraulic part of the strut extended out and that is what is hard to collapse, have you mounted the top and tried a floor jack at the bottom to raise into place ?

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 04-24-2020 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Hello @Yoghurtshotgun ,
First off, please tell us who you are dealing with as to the purchase.
As to the airbag on the strut having air pressure in it while not attached to the vehicle, Yes, there is a valve on the airbag housing where the air line connects, it is a residual pressure valve that keeps a certain pressure so as to not have the suspension bottom out (when not leaking), the tech who worked on the unit most likely failed to release the test pressure and collapse the strut so that it would be at proper length for you to install, you can unscrew the brass valve to release the pressure.

Johnny
Thanks Jonny I knew you'd come up with the info 😂 top man.
The company I bought it from was called max speeding rods and YES I know these are cheap Chinese ones but the cost of the vehicle is not worth shelling out for arnot or the more expensive ones the car sits in the garage for months and book price isn't that high here in the UK.
Ok even if I have air bag at full pressure shouldn't I get movement in the damper ?? The previous one I had ordered that also seemed to have no dampening and was locked out(no movement in damper ) I stripped down and swapped it over to my original Bentley damper put some air in from the compressor and it also went solid. The second one that arrived that I could compress I fitted it in about half an hour and was well chuffed when it pumped up and lowered as it should ,took it for a drive and felt great.but lowers over night.now the third one has arrived and is locked solid.so now the question is have I got three faulty ones(very unlikely) or are the ones locked solid correct and once relieved of the air and fitted they will work perfectly with the weight of the car on them.🙈🙈

Old 04-24-2020, 11:10 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
So I understand fully, when you took the air bladder off the strut, the hydraulic strut was able to be compressed like placing a shock on the floor and pushing the body of it down, then when released the rod of the shock would fully extend, but when you installed the air bladder onto the strut and you added the air pressure, you have lost any movement, if so, yes, that would be correct, as the bladder rides on the strut body, and you can not overcome that by hand, so I would say yes, release the air pressure to install, then the weight of the vehicle will have them functioning as they should.

JJJ

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 04-24-2020 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-24-2020, 12:16 PM
So I understand fully, when you took the air bladder off the strut, the hydraulic strut was able to be compressed like placing a shock on the floor and pushing the body of it down, then when released the rod of the shock would fully extend, but when you installed the air bladder onto the strut and you added the air pressure, you have lost any movement, if so, yes, that would be correct, as the bladder rides on the strut body, and you can not overcome that by hand, so I would say yes, release the air pressure to install, then the weight of the vehicle will have them functioning as they should.

JJJ
thanks.johnny a man with the answers yet again I will try it tomorrow and give feed back

Old 04-26-2020, 07:31 PM
Thanks Johnny I fitted the strutt that seemed to be locked solid and it's working perfectly.i released the valve to compress strutt and fitted it and all is good I measured the height and is bang on.is so confusing when you get faulty goods originally as it makes it hard to understand what is right and what is wrong .but all is good not much more to do to her now did the rear brakes just need to sort parking sensors and rear spoiler motor 🙈 thanks again

Old 04-27-2020, 03:03 AM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
What sort of price did you pay for them if you don’t mind me asking ?

Old 04-29-2020, 08:14 PM
ezscreener is infamous around these parts
Aerosus USA Struts Made in China

After considering the variety of choices I opted to buy front struts from AEROSUS for my 2006 Flying Spur. Although the prices were higher, I chose this vendor because of the positive reviews I found here. That they were based in Germany, the country the car was engineered in, was the clincher. Well... not so fast.. Upon their arrival stateside, UPS contacted me to tell me I owed $450US in customs duties. I was sure that they made a mistake because they were from Germany, not subject to the 25% Trump tariff. UPS directed me to the packing slip where the country of origin was in fact CHINA! Total cost was nearly $1800.00US for the pair. Needless to say I was very disappointed upon finding this out. I contacted the support department and never got a straight answer. Now I’m hoping that the quality is better than the $750-900US pair of struts I could have found on aliexpress or eBay. Bottom line, don’t expect to get German struts from AEROSUS. Better off going elsewhere and save the money. I was deceived. My loss, your gain. Cheers

Old 04-30-2020, 11:01 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ezscreener
After considering the variety of choices I opted to buy front struts from AEROSUS for my 2006 Flying Spur. Although the prices were higher, I chose this vendor because of the positive reviews I found here. That they were based in Germany, the country the car was engineered in, was the clincher. Well... not so fast.. Upon their arrival stateside, UPS contacted me to tell me I owed $450US in customs duties. I was sure that they made a mistake because they were from Germany, not subject to the 25% Trump tariff. UPS directed me to the packing slip where the country of origin was in fact CHINA! Total cost was nearly $1800.00US for the pair. Needless to say I was very disappointed upon finding this out. I contacted the support department and never got a straight answer. Now I’m hoping that the quality is better than the $750-900US pair of struts I could have found on aliexpress or eBay. Bottom line, don’t expect to get German struts from AEROSUS. Better off going elsewhere and save the money. I was deceived. My loss, your gain. Cheers
You ordered straight from Aerosus website? When I ordered mines they came straight from them in Germany. Or perhaps a 3rd party vender. Can you upload your order sheet? That’s crazy if they are shipping out of China now. Don’t see why they would tho.

Edit:* I just got off the phone with Aerosus (1-877-49–8296‬) And the lady informed me that they make them in Germany and are shipped out from their warehouse in Germany. This poster only has one post and started on the forum this month.

I don’t have any contracts or dealings with Aerosus besides me buying my struts from them so this is not a sales pitch. But I have spent what time I have and little knowledge I know on these cars helping members out.

I will ask if you could post a picture of your shipping label so that your info could be verified.

Last edited by TeamJones1962; 04-30-2020 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-30-2020, 12:57 PM
Aerosu

Originally Posted by TeamJones1962
You ordered straight from Aerosus website? When I ordered mines they came straight from them in Germany. Or perhaps a 3rd party vender. Can you upload your order sheet? That’s crazy if they are shipping out of China now. Don’t see why they would tho.

Edit:* I just got off the phone with Aerosus (1-877-49–8296‬) And the lady informed me that they make them in Germany and are shipped out from their warehouse in Germany. This poster only has one post and started on the forum this month.

I don’t have any contracts or dealings with Aerosus besides me buying my struts from them so this is not a sales pitch. But I have spent what time I have and little knowledge I know on these cars helping members out.

I will ask if you could post a picture of your shipping label so that your info could be verified.

I have no need to bash aerosus other than what I said. I ordered directly from their website based on reviews here. They were indeed shipped from Germany. The paperwork that aerosus provided ups and customs says country of origin as CN. I was charged the 25% tariff on the total cost of the struts because of this.When I asked aerosus customer service about this they ignored answering my question “are these made in China?” They have never responded. Take from it what you will. I’m only alerting others to what I experienced. I will post a picture of the customs document when I’m back in the office.

Last edited by ezscreener; 04-30-2020 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-30-2020, 03:18 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Man...I stand corrected. You need to call them and demand your money back if that’s the case. I’ll show them that and your bill from imports.

Last edited by TeamJones1962; 04-30-2020 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-30-2020, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by TeamJones1962
Man...I stand corrected. You need to call them and demand your money back if that’s the case. I’ll show them that and your bill from imports.
Here’s the final reply letting me know that I’m screwed.
I

Dirty Schwein

Old 04-30-2020, 04:18 PM
Administrator
I have to say that is some BS Aerosus pulled !
I also just called them because of what happened to you @ezscreener. and I am actually pissed at the response I just received from a customer service rep, mostly because I have called and emailed them in the past to get proper information from Aerosus one on one, and I shared that information with you all here, in the past I was told just as TJ was today, that the Bentley struts/bags are made in Germany, and therefore shipped from Germany, I can not at the moment find that email where the rep stated same, but I do have the email from just this past February as to it having OEM specs, "Kindly be advised that the technical team has confirmed that the Bentley Continental GT / GTC / Flying Spur Front Left Air Suspension Strut is built to maintain the full OEM design: same specifications, same standards, same functionality", I surely hope that to be true, because what the REP just told me after I pressed her as to their Germany located factory, was that they only have a warehouse in Germany, the struts are made all over the world she said, in Asia, China, USA, and on and on, as to the customs fee she said she had no control, I said well if your company was upfront and honest as to not being made in Germany there would not be this issue, she said as the one (TJ) customer did not get charged and the other (EZ) did, that is because on the warehouse shelves the same part number unit are all together regardless of where each item was manufactured, so you could get one from China, and the other from elsewhere in the world, then pay fees on just the one, or both as you did as both where from china factory...

I called back and asked for a supervisor but was told they can not forward phone calls, I told her that I feel bad for the customers that went off their information that I shared on here and AW, she said who ever give TJ the info today as to being made in Germany was wrong, but then when I asked again as to where the units are made, she said she was "not allowed to share that information" something doesn't smell right, she did say (EZ) to call or send in an inquire as to extra fees, I also told her that it would be a great idea for the shipping department/warehouse to not send the units made in China to the US, she said she would definitely pass that suggestion to them.

I wonder what would have happened if you refused the delivery from the UPS man, as there were made in China.

Johnny

...Dear Aerosus Customer,

Your request (#129834) has been deemed solved.

We would like to learn about your experience with our customer support agent.

With your feedback we will be able to improve our service.

The survey takes only a couple of minutes to fill in: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2L7NJMC?ticket_id=129834

Thank you.
Aerosus Support Team

Simona T. (Aerosus)

Feb 7, 19:04 CET
Dear Johnny,

Thank you for your patience with us in answering your query.

Kindly be advised that the technical team has confirmed that the Bentley Continental GT / GTC / Flying Spur Front Left Air Suspension Strut is built to maintain the full OEM design: same specifications, same standards, same functionality.

If you would like to take another look at the item, you can find it on our online shop by using the Aerosus code 163244 or by accessing the product link below:

https://aerosus.com/bentley/continen...ion-strut.html

Thank you for your understanding.

Should you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Simona T.
Aerosus Customer Support

Toll-Free Phone: 877 492 8296
E-mail: shop@aerosus.com
Web: www.aerosus.com

Old 04-30-2020, 04:45 PM
I appreciate your going to bat on my behalf Johnny. Please know that I wasn’t directing my post at you or any others that have considered their struts. What they are doing is indeed BSscheise! They just got exposed for the scam they’ve been perpetrating. The attorneys reading this can tell me if I’m eligible for a “whistle blower” settlement from sites advertising their struts...Just saying things is, if it weren’t for sites like this and others that cater to car freaks, the scammers at Aerosus would never get exposed. Now they will have to work harder and honorably. I’m sure that they could just about taste the salt in the air sailing somewhere in the Mediterranean. Chuckling all the while that they got away with it. To the thieves at Aerosus, yes, put your head where the sun doesn’t shine. To our friends at 6speedonline, please consider a prize of some sort ($$$ would be nice...) to anyone that exposes unscrupulous vendors on the site. I know just what to call the prize too...

I have to say that is some BS Aerosus pulled !
I also just called them because of what happened to you @ezscreener. and I am actually pissed at the response I just received from a customer service rep, mostly because I have called and emailed them in the past to get proper information from Aerosus one on one, and I shared that information with you all here, in the past I was told just as TJ was today, that the Bentley struts/bags are made in Germany, and therefore shipped from Germany, I can not at the moment find that email where the rep stated same, but I do have the email from just this past February as to it having OEM specs, "Kindly be advised that the technical team has confirmed that the Bentley Continental GT / GTC / Flying Spur Front Left Air Suspension Strut is built to maintain the full OEM design: same specifications, same standards, same functionality", I surely hope that to be true, because what the REP just told me after I pressed her as to their Germany located factory, was that they only have a warehouse in Germany, the struts are made all over the world she said, in Asia, China, USA, and on and on, as to the customs fee she said she had no control, I said well if your company was upfront and honest as to not being made in Germany there would not be this issue, she said as the one (TJ) customer did not get charged and the other (EZ) did, that is because on the warehouse shelves the same part number unit are all together regardless of where each item was manufactured, so you could get one from China, and the other from elsewhere in the world, then pay fees on just the one, or both as you did as both where from china factory...

I called back and asked for a supervisor but was told they can not forward phone calls, I told her that I feel bad for the customers that went off their information that I shared on here and AW, she said who ever give TJ the info today as to being made in Germany was wrong, but then when I asked again as to where the units are made, she said she was "not allowed to share that information" something doesn't smell right, she did say (EZ) to call or send in an inquire as to extra fees, I also told her that it would be a great idea for the shipping department/warehouse to not send the units made in China to the US, she said she would definitely pass that suggestion to them.

I wonder what would have happened if you refused the delivery from the UPS man, as there were made in China.

Johnny

...Dear Aerosus Customer,

Your request (#129834) has been deemed solved.

We would like to learn about your experience with our customer support agent.

With your feedback we will be able to improve our service.

The survey takes only a couple of minutes to fill in: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2L7NJMC?ticket_id=129834

Thank you.
Aerosus Support Team

Simona T. (Aerosus)

Feb 7, 19:04 CET
Dear Johnny,

Thank you for your patience with us in answering your query.

Kindly be advised that the technical team has confirmed that the Bentley Continental GT / GTC / Flying Spur Front Left Air Suspension Strut is built to maintain the full OEM design: same specifications, same standards, same functionality.

If you would like to take another look at the item, you can find it on our online shop by using the Aerosus code 163244 or by accessing the product link below:

https://aerosus.com/bentley/continen...ion-strut.html

Thank you for your understanding.

Should you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Simona T.
Aerosus Customer Support

Toll-Free Phone: 877 492 8296
E-mail: shop@aerosus.com
Web: www.aerosus.com

Old 04-30-2020, 04:52 PM
Administrator
Hello @TeamJones1962 ,
What does your commercial invoice show as to the manufacturing location ?

Johnny

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2004 air suspension