Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

New Member saying hi:)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 12:16 AM
Mark C is an unknown quantity at this point
New Member saying hi:)

Well, what an interesting forum I have happened upon! So pleased to have found this as I am considering the purchase of a used GT and find all of this info valuable.
Cheers and pleasant motoring!
Mark

Old 03-21-2021, 05:47 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mark C
Well, what an interesting forum I have happened upon! So pleased to have found this as I am considering the purchase of a used GT and find all of this info valuable.
Cheers and pleasant motoring!
Mark
Welcome Mark !

Johnny

Old 03-23-2021, 12:37 AM
Rons GT Speed will become famous soon enough
Hello Mark.

Great to hear of your interest in the GT series. Look long and hard for a quality kept GT. Your time will be well spent. They all have little Gremlins hiding that come and go. The forum has a group of quality helpful individuals with many years of experiences. They usually respond very quickly with answers to your questionable issues.

Old 03-23-2021, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Welcome Mark !

Johnny
Thank you Johnny!

Old 03-23-2021, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Rons GT Speed
Hello Mark.

Great to hear of your interest in the GT series. Look long and hard for a quality kept GT. Your time will be well spent. They all have little Gremlins hiding that come and go. The forum has a group of quality helpful individuals with many years of experiences. They usually respond very quickly with answers to your questionable issues.
Thanks Ron, that's good advice. Unfortunately we don't have as many to choose from here in Australia and I don't think the knowledge around them is as good as the USA or England, so yeah I'll be looking long and hard .

Old 03-30-2021, 05:56 AM
Found a 2005 GT, only 80000Km, immaculate condition. I take delivery after Easter and am already looking forward to a nice drive somewhere, anywhere, lol.
I'm also wondering what the best way of trickle charging the battery might be as I don't imagine using the car more than once a week?

Old 03-30-2021, 06:37 AM
Samhain is on a distinguished road
Best way to keep it charged is to use a CTEK or similar unit with a cigarette lighter plug that you can plug into the socket for this purpose in the trunk. I plug mine in when not driving it and everything is kept nice and happy.

Old 03-30-2021, 06:42 AM
CatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud of
As @Samhain says. Mine is on a C-Tek MX 5 and it's fine.

Welcome!

C

Old 03-30-2021, 07:48 AM
Pablen84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome and congratulations on your new purchase.
As colleagues say, a ctek is a good option, I bought one today. You should first see if your car has direct plug or you should use the cigarette lighter.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:21 PM
Ok thanks for that everybody!
I'll look up Ctek. And I'll have to check if there is a charge socket and what type if any. I wasn't aware that you can charge via the cigarette lighter...

Old 03-30-2021, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Pablen84
Welcome and congratulations on your new purchase.
As colleagues say, a ctek is a good option, I bought one today. You should first see if your car has direct plug or you should use the cigarette lighter.
Thanks Ron, that's good advice. Unfortunately we don't have as many to choose from here in Australia and I don't think the knowledge around them is as good as the USA or England, so yeah I'll be looking long and hard .
Hey Ron, amazingly after a few months of looking at many, I found one on the weekend as you can see

Old 03-30-2021, 09:18 PM
Ok thanks for that everybody!
I'll look up Ctek. And I'll have to check if there is a charge socket and what type if any. I wasn't aware that you can charge via the cigarette lighter...
It's not really a cigarette lighter. It's an outlet on the trunk wall (press it lightly and it'll pop out) just for charging the battery. It just happens that it uses a cigarette lighter connector.

Keeping the batteries charged is some of the best advice. Many of the issues that these cars can have arise from bad or poorly maintained batteries.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Samhain
It's not really a cigarette lighter. It's an outlet on the trunk wall (press it lightly and it'll pop out) just for charging the battery. It just happens that it uses a cigarette lighter connector.

Keeping the batteries charged is some of the best advice. Many of the issues that these cars can have arise from bad or poorly maintained batteries.
Ahh I see, thanks for clarifying that! I will check it out. Any advice on exactly which model charger is best?

Old 03-30-2021, 09:56 PM
I use this one - but its no longer available:

Amazon Amazon

This one is avail but is a little pricey (you need a model that does AGM batteries I think):

Amazon Amazon

and you need a lighter plug:

Amazon Amazon

Old 03-30-2021, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Samhain
I use this one - but its no longer available:

https://www.amazon.com/CTEK-56-158-A...ct_top?ie=UTF8

This one is avail but is a little pricey (you need a model that does AGM batteries I think):

https://www.amazon.com/CTEK-56-353-1...omotive&sr=1-4

and you need a lighter plug:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016LA5O8...d_asin_1_title
Thank you Samhain.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Member saying hi:)