Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley low power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 09:43 AM
Realdeal12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bentley low power

I know there are other threads about this. I have a 2010 flying spur and the car goes into preservation mode where there’s no power going to the car until you insert the key and turn it to the left and then you turn it to the right to start it. I have two brand new batteries and there is plenty of power when the car starts so it’s not a battery drain issue. Does anyone know if this is a coding issue?

Old 05-28-2021, 10:43 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @Realdeal12 ,
I would not be so sure as to your comment of no battery drain issue, or that there is plenty of power, because if I understand that you mean the vehicle is dead until you insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the left to put both batteries into parallel mode, then you house battery is low/dead, or has a bad connection, how old are the batteries, who installed the batteries, and if you walk up to the vehicle with the keyfob does the door unlock by pulling the handle or pressing the button on the keyfob itself ?

The Bentley is not like the A8L where one has to code the new batteries to the vehicle, as the Bentley original Varta batteries do not have a "BEM" code as an A8L battery does.

Bentley Battery no BEM CODE.

Audi A8L new and old batteries with "BEM" code circled.

Sample BEM CODE from Audi battery, that Bentley does NOT use.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 05-28-2021 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:09 AM
I just replace the batteries about two days ago. The car has power for a few hours and then it goes into like a hibernate mode where it goes to sleep and doesn’t wake up until you insert the key.

Old 05-28-2021, 11:26 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Realdeal12
I just replace the batteries about two days ago. The car has power for a few hours and then it goes into like a hibernate mode where it goes to sleep and doesn’t wake up until you insert the key.
Please explain clearly, do the doors unlock when you touch the outside handle, or use the keyfob to lock or unlock the doors, do any interior lights come on when you open either of the doors ?

Did you install the batteries properly by hooking up the starter (right side) battery's negative cable last ?

Johnny

Old 05-28-2021, 11:40 AM
They will do that for a few hours after you drive the car. Yes the batteries were installed correctly.

Old 05-28-2021, 11:41 AM
I was told there is something set in the vcds that is set to 12 and it is suppose to be set to 0, but I’m not sure what that is.

Old 05-28-2021, 12:19 PM
Administrator
I was told there is something set in the vcds that is set to 12 and it is suppose to be set to 0, but I’m not sure what that is.
Ok, thank you for the information.
Do you have Ross-Tech VCDS or VAS 5054/ODIS ?
If so, can you give us a scan ?

I will be heading over to my B to do some work on her later today and I will check 61 Battery regulation for any settings as to your 12 to 0 .

I have installed two new batteries also, and I think I have the opposite, as I think she never goes fully to sleep, as each time I walk into the garage, the two golden yellow down firing light on the rear view mirror are illuminated, but I also have a battery tender on at all times...

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...tion_using_CAN

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 05-28-2021 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-28-2021, 01:13 PM
CatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud of
@Johnny Hotspur GT I keep my 07 Speed on a tender and my mirror lights go off pretty soon after I lock the car (with the mirrors folded in)

I can time this behaviour, if you wish

C

Old 05-28-2021, 01:20 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by CatmanV2
@Johnny Hotspur GT I keep my 07 Speed on a tender and my mirror lights go off pretty soon after I lock the car (with the mirrors folded in)

I can time this behaviour, if you wish

C
Thank you @CatmanV2 ,
Please do, but to be clear, as your "mirrors folded in" comment confused me 🤭, I am speaking of the lights on the interior rear view mirror.

Thanks.
Johnny

Old 05-28-2021, 02:16 PM
CatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Thank you @CatmanV2 ,
Please do, but to be clear, as your "mirrors folded in" comment confused me 🤭, I am speaking of the lights on the interior rear view mirror.

Thanks.
Johnny
Happy to. Typically dome lights can be in three modes: Always on. Always off and On when the doors are opened (or some other trigger, these days). I feel I may be conducting an egg sucking 101 class, but I assume you've checked the controls / selector? Not got a manual to hand so no idea how (if) this behaviour can be changed.

*However* my dome lights got off pretty much instantly. I can check what happens if I don't lock the car if you like?

C

Old 05-28-2021, 02:19 PM
Correct there are no lights on after a few hours or until you put the key in and then when you do you get the battery low power message to start the car.

Old 05-28-2021, 02:31 PM
Correct there are no lights on after a few hours or until you put the key in and then when you do you get the battery low power message to start the car.
That would be something amiss. I'd hazard that either something is draining the battery *fast* or there's another issue. You should be able to leave the car for at least a couple of days and get in, start keyless and everything else

C

Old 05-28-2021, 03:01 PM
Administrator
Hello All,
I just want to be super clear, I am not talking about any of the dome lights, or other standard lighting in the doors, lower dash, or overhead dome lights front or rear, I am talking about the two tiny golden yellow LED lights the are integrated into the bottom of the center of the windshield rear view mirror, lately, mine always seem to on as I approach the locked vehicle, even if I do not have any keys with me..

Johnny

Old 05-28-2021, 03:29 PM
Administrator
@Realdeal12 ,
I agree with Catman, something is amiss here, I should have asked you this earlier, before you replaced the two batteries two days ago, did the vehicle behave the same way ?

A scan will help a lot, if it just started after batteries installation, I would re-check your work and connections, check main fuses and such, as it sounds like you are running off the emergency start procedure which puts the batteries in parallel for a period of time, if the issue was present prior to batteries being installed, you may have a battery control module issue, and a scan would be required.

Johnny

Old 05-28-2021, 03:30 PM
I will get a scan as soon as possible. Yes this did occur before I replace the batteries. I also purchased a new battery control module as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bentley low power