Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Just bought an 05 GT with problems. Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 08:25 AM
Samhain is on a distinguished road
Wow - that's messed up. Yeah flee quickly. :0

Old 02-14-2022, 11:02 AM
silvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud of
That invoice is pathetic.. everyone says find a good indie but *good* being the key word. Honestly I've rarely found one that doesn't come to 80-90% of dealer prices if not more, as this place seems to be.

Perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about, but the ZF 6HP on this car doesn't come with a separate filter and pan- they're integrated into one. At least they are on the Jaguar I'm currently serving the trans on which has the same ZF 6HP. The filter and the pan is the same part. Having them billed separately I think is a clear sign this place is a ripoff and should be left a bad review. This kind of crap gives all used Bentleys a bad name with bogus servicing costs.

Old 02-14-2022, 11:10 AM
silvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud of
Looks like @Johnny Hotspur GT already went through this better than I did.. really it just seems like all indies are good for these days are paying someone else to do the labor. You have to research parts prices on your own.. research problems and codes on their own, bring everything to them and tell them what to do.

I had an indie shop quote OEM prices at me for Jaguar Fuel injectors without even bothering to cross reference part numbers and find that it was a Bosch injector at less than 1/4 the price. Which I knew from 10 seconds searching google and Jaguar Forums. Multiply that by 8 injectors and that is a cool $2500-2800 made for them (or wasted by me) just ordering the parts from the right place. Really pathetic and they got a review for that one.

Old 02-14-2022, 12:18 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
The shop doesn't want to touch the car. The order writer didn't take time to do a valid estimate. An inexperienced shop working on B's can result in never-ending problems.

TBF: Early BGT's had a seperate metal transmission pan and filter. The filter was used on many Audis.

Old 02-14-2022, 02:17 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
I agree, the bimmer and jag use a integrated pan and filter, whereas the audi A8L W12 and Bentley use a separate pan and filter.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 02-15-2022 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-14-2022, 04:03 PM
355spider is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
@355spider ,
What I also find most troubling, is that there is no mention of any of the vacuum lines being replaced, yet it appears that they are removing the engine, why else charge you for the subframe bolt kit, so they are leaving out the most important item to replace during an engine out service.

Their prices on the air filters is ridiculous, $310 each, when at the dealership the price is $125 each, and there are filter kits much less expensive.

The egt sensors run $467 each, yet he's charging $727 each.

The intercooler goes for $522. yet he quoted $1279.00

The complete engine reinstall kit goes for $607, yet he quotes $1318 for subframe bolts, that are included in the engine reinstall kit.

His price on the headliner, absurd, some here have removed it themselves and had another repair it for around $650 iirc, this guy wants $2385 just to remove it, then another $1122 to recover it in a like material, for a total of $3507 just for the headliner, I say, find another shop..

Johnny

Thanks. I was on that website this afternoon.

Old 02-15-2022, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
I agree, the bummer and jag use a integrated pan and filter, whereas the audi A8L W12 use a separate pan and filter.

Johnny
I stand corrected on that one, good to know. I own 4 cars with 6HP and I knew there were small differences between the two, but not that specific.

Parts prices are still absurd. Why not just say "we don't really specialize in this kind of car, here's a referral" if they don't want the business, rather than slap the owner in the face with an obnoxious invoice