Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

GT rear trunk spoiler...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Paldi is an unknown quantity at this point
GT rear trunk spoiler...

Please post photos of it and a description of its operation. Part numbers would be great! I want to know how it mounts up. Is it part of the trunk lid or does it mount to the body of the car below the window?

Last edited by Paldi; 12-06-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Installation help.

The bare unpainted Bentley trunklid I ordered from Germany two months ago has not arrived yet. So I am still trying to reverse engineer the GT spoiler installation. If anyone has some good fotos to share or a link to part numbers and so for, that would be great! I have also just purchased a Bentley GT gearshift ****. Perhaps I can retrofit that to my car as well.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:41 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
With the money u have put in to this car, you could bye a real bentley.

Old 02-13-2007, 07:44 AM
I like unique! This is a photoshop - not my car.

Last edited by Paldi; 02-14-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:52 PM
LeonJr will become famous soon enough
I have seen ur car and have been meaning to ask why the Bentley fixation? I like VW with the appropriate modifications. The Bentley wheels....I mean, did you get them free? For that I would have put some other after market wheel and not carry the Bentley badge. I have seen several cars on this forum, and members poking fun becuase the car wears the badge of another brand. You clearly are going through a lot of trouble to even modify OEM Bentley parts to suit your car. I just dont get it...you bought a VW, well okay modify it with a company that is know to do quality mods for your brand. Seems like a bit of identity crisis....JMHO. Other than that I have a friend with same car, but silver and looks great.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Junior Mint
Big Carrot is on a distinguished road
The Phaeton is a really nice car..... until you start throwing Bentley parts on it. You sir, are an idiot. No offense....

Old 02-13-2007, 11:30 PM
SILVER IS NICE TOO

I discovered Bentley GT and Flying Spur wheels and tires would fit on the Phaeton. You might recognize the fellow with the silver one... So I Ebay purchased a set for $1,500 for 4 wheels and 4 new PZeros. I think they had 500 miles on them - someone wanted 22's! I put on VW centers. The new tires closed down some of the fender gap (due to 3/4" taller tires) and the 3/4" wider Pirelli summer tires beat the Michelin's handling.

The Bentley and Phaeton share the same suspension, so I figured why go aftermarket on wheels when I can have Bentley quality and safety for the low cost? I also love the way they look spinning and they make it look more aggressive and sportier.

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited by Paldi; 02-14-2007 at 12:22 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:28 AM
LeonJr will become famous soon enough
The wheels look good, but I would maybe change the emblem. I would definately stop adding other Bentley components to your VW. I just don't see the point. Your inquire about the rear spoiler for the GT was what I believed to be strange. Not only is it not made for your car, but you would problably have to modify it. To me is sort of like putting the lambo doors on anything but a lambo...just not right. Good luck, and no I don't recognize the gentlemen in the picture...sorry

Old 02-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the compliment. The Bentley wheels have VW centercaps on my Phaeton and on the silver one - that gentleman was CEO of VW until a couple months ago...

I have a spare trunk lid to play with. Maybe a small aerodynamic lip spoiler?.

Old 02-16-2007, 12:37 PM
I don't want to do anything too crazy with it.