Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Geneva: Bentley Brooklands Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 07:18 AM
4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough
Geneva: Bentley Brooklands Coupe

Bentley describes its new Brooklands coupe that's being unveiled right now in Geneva as a "grand touring coupe with classic British proportions." Yes, it certainly has classic British proportions if by that Bentley means it's as big as Britain itself. The new 2+2 coupe by the boys and girls from Crewe is named after the famed Brooklands banked race track in Surrey, England where Bentley made a name for itself in motorsports during the 1920s.

The Brookland's got a classic Bentley face, a modern profile (check out the fender vents!) with B-pillarless side glass and massive 20-inch wheels that shine with a mirror finish. The interior features typical Bentley craftsmanship, which means by-hand construction of the leather-lined surfaces and symmetrical wood trim. The rear passengers benefit from limo-like legroom and power adjustable cushions, as well. A prodigious amount of power is provided by Bentley's all-aluminum 6.75L turbocharged V8 with revised cams and a lower inertia turbo that helps push power to an even 500bhp and around 775 ft-lbs. of earth-wrinkling torque. Needless to say, 60 mph will come and go faster than your fat wallet. Only 505 Brooklands will be made by Bentley, making it one exclusive land yacht for the ridiculously wealthy. Deliveries are scheduled to start in the first half of 2008 for the sheiks, musicians and tech company moguls who will no doubt plunk down a deposit.

(Click on thumbnail images for a larger Hi-Res image)

From http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/06/g...oklands-coupe/

Last edited by 4Thirty; 03-07-2007 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:22 AM
4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough

Old 03-07-2007, 07:24 AM

All images from http://www.autoblog.com/photos/bentley-brooklands/

Old 03-07-2007, 03:50 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
I just saw this thing on Fast-Autos.net...

I think it looks stunning!! I love it!

Great find! Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:52 PM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Very classy. I love it!

I can definitely see myself in one of those when I'm around 50.. like MexicoBlue or BBGT2 is.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:01 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
The car actually has 530hp; 30hp more than the 2007 Arnage T... The torque is corect though, 575ft-lbs of torque; 37ft-lbs more than the Arnage T.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:38 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
I like the convertible version of the azure better IMO

Old 03-07-2007, 07:46 PM
eshaun will become famous soon enougheshaun will become famous soon enough
never been much of a bentley fan, but i prefer this much more than the conti GT and flying spur...this one is much more deserving of land yatch status bearing the big B on the front and of course setting you back a few hundred k

Old 03-08-2007, 11:56 PM
MattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud of
gorgeous vehicle, I like the way the rear drapes down. Classy and elegant.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:38 PM
AUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eshaun
never been much of a bentley fan, but i prefer this much more than the conti GT and flying spur...this one is much more deserving of land yatch status bearing the big B on the front and of course setting you back a few hundred k
Except they are ****ty inside and out. And the front grille is plastic. Crap.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:04 PM
Ernie57 is on a distinguished road
Those photos at the top of this thread sure do make the Grand Touring car look most desireable. But one must also note that Photoshop is a wonderful tool as well.

If one looks closely at the first photo af the car sitting still, you can see how the photographer made sure that "B" wheel logo's are all perfectly positioned. And that is how a brochure photo should be done.

Now look at the picture of the car while moving. Note that once again the B's have been captured in the perfect position.

The odd's of capturing that on a moving vehicle are higher than picking a winning lottery ticket

If one just wanted a luxurious street & highway two door cruiser I don't think you'll find a better car, but even though I'm 7 months from turning 50 I still prefer my slightly smaller but more nimble CGT. Maybe by the time I'm 75 I'll think of getting one

Old 03-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Ernie57
Those photos at the top of this thread sure do make the Grand Touring car look most desireable. But one must also note that Photoshop is a wonderful tool as well.

If one looks closely at the first photo af the car sitting still, you can see how the photographer made sure that "B" wheel logo's are all perfectly positioned. And that is how a brochure photo should be done.

Now look at the picture of the car while moving. Note that once again the B's have been captured in the perfect position.

The odd's of capturing that on a moving vehicle are higher than picking a winning lottery ticket

If one just wanted a luxurious street & highway two door cruiser I don't think you'll find a better car, but even though I'm 7 months from turning 50 I still prefer my slightly smaller but more nimble CGT. Maybe by the time I'm 75 I'll think of getting one
Maybe its got that RR Phantom thing where the center caps always are not moving with the wheel (The RR on the center of the wheels of the Phantom always stays the same too... even when its moving)

Old 03-10-2007, 10:42 PM
sal
sal has a spectacular aura aboutsal has a spectacular aura about
It would look much better without the Rapper wheels they put on it. Maybe with something a little more sporty, or at least, less chromed....

Old 03-11-2007, 12:44 AM
Blazing is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by alkyoneus
I like the convertible version of the azure better IMO
Agreed. the Azure/Drophead is gorgeous and the Brooklands is nice.

Last edited by Blazing; 03-11-2007 at 06:02 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:19 AM
TTM0TION is on a distinguished road
I absolutly love this car...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Geneva: Bentley Brooklands Coupe