Lowering Modules... Get the Perfect Drop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Junior Mint
Big Carrot is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tkracing
Who are you? Peanut gallery I guess...

You are a big man calling people names. I guess you are the big CARROT here at 6speed ha...

As a matter of fact yes I do have over 14 years experience at our shop. We have done alot of Bentleys as well as other luxury and exotics.
Those are some strong come backs you pulled out of your hat there! Wow! Why don't you go hide in a hole somewhere and "care less" since you can!

Old 04-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Paldi is an unknown quantity at this point
Lowering modules and links

I have not found what I really want. Here are the issues...

Lowering links are fine if you want to stay at that height. Modules also only offer one setting and to return to normal you have to yank the plug.

I want a smarter module.

Usually I want to lower the car only when it's parked. I would love to have a button that will let me do that from the cockpit or have a setting so it does that automatically, but with an over ride if I'm parked over a curb or a pile of leaves or in snow or when I'm washing the wheels.

I would also like to be able to program the amount of lowering. Maybe one setting for park, one or two for low-medium speeds and one for really high speeds. Then I would let the 'brain' select the correct setting based on the speed. All of those height settings and engagement speeds need to be driver programmable and have an over ride to shut the thing off. Currently my car lowers automatically at about 80 mph, or so it claims in the literature. There's no notice to the driver that it actually happens.

PS: My Phaeton has the same air suspension and ride controllers as the Bentley GT and Flying Spur. Lowering links and lowering modules are available for it too.

Last edited by Paldi; 04-12-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:33 PM
mkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura about
Hey Fred!

I still need to get around to lowering mine again.&nbsp; It didn't work the first time for some reason - it adjusted itself after the car ran for a few minutes.&nbsp; <br><br>A module that you described would be awesome though.&nbsp; Sounds pretty complicated though as far as integration would go.&nbsp; <br>