Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentlyy vs. Maserati

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 05:47 AM
s2kev is on a distinguished road
Bentlyy vs. Maserati

Hey guys, my dad is in the market for a new car and I was wondering what some of you guys would recommend. He was thinking about getting the 4 door Bentley Continental (Flying Spur I believe?) but then we saw a Maserati 4 door on the road the other day and he is now taking that car into consideration. I don't know much about either of these two cars and i was wondering if any of you had any experience with either of these cars and can provide some input. Thanks

Old 04-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Banned
997TTBOY87 is infamous around these parts997TTBOY87 is infamous around these parts997TTBOY87 is infamous around these parts997TTBOY87 is infamous around these parts997TTBOY87 is infamous around these parts997TTBOY87 is infamous around these parts997TTBOY87 is infamous around these parts997TTBOY87 is infamous around these parts997TTBOY87 is infamous around these parts997TTBOY87 is infamous around these parts997TTBOY87 is infamous around these parts
Tell him to consider an S65.

My family had two Flying Spurs. They're okay.. They're very large..My mother "didn't like the way it turns." So now she is getting a new CL65 AMG.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:08 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Definately the Bently Flying Spur over the Maserati.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:31 AM
Will Party for Food!!!!
Jeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond repute
Resale vs Money down the toilet...(Bentley and Maserati respectively)

Old 05-02-2007, 01:03 AM
He has a cl600 right now and is looking for something a little less common and classy, which is why i dont think he would consider the s65 although i know it is an amazing car. My dad likes keeping cars for pretty long periods of time which is why quality is kinda a big factor. Also too a car that would stay timeless would be great too. He is leaning towards the Continental more since he thinks that the Maserati kinda looks a little bland.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:45 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
The maserati might be going under the knife for a restyling soon...

Old 05-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Alex_Spider has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Bentley hands down, Maserati has the F1 transmission which can be annoying for daily driving. When in automatic mode its very jerky. The Bentley is smooth and very comfortable.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:38 PM
sal
sal has a spectacular aura aboutsal has a spectacular aura about
Bentley especially if he plans on keeping it for a while. The maserati has the ferrari parts in it, so after the warranty is up, you gotta pay big $$$ for maintenance. I don't know about the bentley warranty but the flying spur looks better IMO.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:17 AM
Ritesh will become famous soon enough
The 2007 Maserati has a 6 Spd traditional Auto. The interior of both cars is phenomenal. The Maserati is more of a 4 door sports sedan while the Bentley - not so much.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
i have both and its really up to preference. they are two different cars.....be more specific with details, and i may be able to help...

Old 05-09-2007, 07:04 PM
He needs a car to take to work a few times a month and take to nice dinners and functions too. Hey Nico, If you could only have 1 between the 2, which one would you choose? It seems that Continentals are becoming pretty common out here in LA. BTW Nico, i think I met your bro before, in the m5, you guys are filipino too right?

Old 05-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by s2kev
Hey Nico, If you could only have 1 between the 2, which one would you choose? It seems that Continentals are becoming pretty common out here in LA. BTW Nico, i think I met your bro before, in the m5, you guys are filipino too right?
I personally, would pick the quattroporte as long as its the sport gt with the cambiocorsa transmission. yup we're filipino

Old 05-11-2007, 10:16 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I would settle for the "Sport GT" variant of the Quattroporte, However if he badly wants a Bentley go for the More Traditional Arnage T,especially the 2007 model, comes with Quad Exhaust tips and the 6.75l Twin Turbo engine.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:32 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Bentley>Maserati.

Factory warranty for the Bentley is 3years/Unlimited miles includes maintenance.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:19 PM
thomascrown is on a distinguished road
I've got a flying spur and my best friend has a MasQ. The MasQ is an AWESOME car, don't get me wrong, but if he wants flash at all, the B is the way to go. performance wise, in the real world, they are neck and neck. The Mas is lighter and handles better but the B has more power and will pull hard when the turbos spool (coolest sound ever -- think of a mid-50s air raid siren).

He can't really go wrong with either car, or an S65 for that matter. The new S-Class is an amazing vehicle, but isn't going to handle nearly as well as the MasQ and the Spur will handle a bit better as well.

Tell your dad good luck on the purchase.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bentlyy vs. Maserati