BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

BMW 335i now in the 11's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 02:28 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by amerlemans
The guy posts in the BMW section. Gives us a video of a modded 335i. Offers no opinion nor does he berate anybody or any other brand of vehicle and you make comments like this. What's up with that? and more specifically what in the hell is wrong with his post? Please enlighten me. I'm all ears.

Your comments about anything having to do with BMW are always 99.9% negative. Why in the world do you even venture into this section. If you are that insecure why not just stay in the Porsche section.
i love you too

Old 12-04-2007, 01:36 PM
b29pb is on a distinguished road
can you post more detailed mods on the car? for ex, when you say you upgraded the trans, what's exactly upgraded?

thanks, it is really impressive tho. just wondering what kind of mpg you got now

Old 12-04-2007, 05:59 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by D-VO
I'm actually really interested in seeing what kind of numbers this thing is capable of on 93 octane. It would depend where the turbos are in their efficiency range at this level, but I would bet there's more to be had with some more boost and a larger intercooler.
SCR is around 10:1 I think. And even with direct injection and a bigger intercooler I just wonder how far it will go on this engine.

The gas nowadays is such crap. But you can still make big power on 93.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Banned
tek818 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
everytime i see a thread by you i read it and wish i hadn't
you might as well complete your sentence "...because the $$ I paid for my 996, it kills me that a ~$60k (incl mods) bmw will beat me."

Old 12-04-2007, 07:22 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by tek818
you might as well complete your sentence "...because the $$ I paid for my 996, it kills me that a ~$60k (incl mods) bmw will beat me."
well i dont need to complete my sentence then... think about what you just said...

go buy a 80's stang for 3k put 20k into it and you have a car that will beat your 996 and the M3... so what

doesn't matter how much $$ you paid for your car, $$ as you put it, doesn't make a car better, faster, etc. its what you want and what you wanted is why you paid $$ - you bought a porsche, that name right there renders big $$

if you had bought a 996TT which at times now can you less then 60k, put a lil bit o money into it - you wouldn't have that problem

My X50 996TT STOCK is faster then this car modded...

to those who wanted to disagree with my previous comment:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ecs_price.html

man you really shouldn't have bought a 996 - it saddens me to think you bought a car for the name only and could care less about anything else apparently - just cause another car is gonna "beat you" (in what terms i wonder) you appear to dislike your car, and it "kills you" to know another car is...faster (ohmagawh) then you! b/c you spent such big bucks on a namebrand... well that sounds almost impossible

good to know you bought your 996 for straight line speed!! and NOTHING else, because we all know straight line speed is the bread and butter of the 911

You truly are a "real car guy" tek... great 1st comment and welcome to the 6speed

Old 12-04-2007, 07:47 PM
jay_ftw will become famous soon enough
well i dont need to complete my sentence then... think about what you just said...

go buy a 80's stang for 3k put 20k into it and you have a car that will beat your 996 and the M3... so what

doesn't matter how much $$ you paid for your car, $$ as you put it, doesn't make a car better, faster, etc. its what you want and what you wanted is why you paid $$ - you bought a porsche, that name right there renders big $$

if you had bought a 996TT which at times now can you less then 60k, put a lil bit o money into it - you wouldn't have that problem

man you really shouldn't have bought a 996 - it saddens me to think you bought a car for the name only and could care less about anything else apparently - just cause another car is gonna "beat you" (in what terms i wonder) you appear to dislike your car, and it "kills you" to know another car is...faster (ohmagawh) then you! b/c you spent such big bucks on a namebrand... well that sounds almost impossible

good to know you bought your 996 for straight line speed!! and NOTHING else, because we all know straight line speed is the bread and butter of the 911

You truly are a "real car guy" tek... great 1st comment and welcome to the 6speed
Werd, lets how fast these 11 second 335s are at the track...

Old 12-04-2007, 08:05 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future

theres more to driving than straight line speed. dave's 996TT will run circles around a 335 at the track and last time i checked, a bone stock 996TT traps 116-118 and an x50 996TT traps 120+ which is 4+ mph more than this 335 did, from a roll i would daves 996TT would still take this car easily.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:46 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
that is BPU Supra territory (BPUs trap 118mph or so w/ similar HP but less torque.)

is this the fastest 'stock' 335 out there? by stock, i mean bolt-ons, no larger turbos, etc.

has anyone put larger turbos / fuel on? what were the results?

- chuck

Old 12-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by b29pb
can you post more detailed mods on the car? for ex, when you say you upgraded the trans, what's exactly upgraded?

thanks, it is really impressive tho. just wondering what kind of mpg you got now
Its not my car like I said in the first post I just copy/pasted from another forum thats why it was funny some dude said I'd "blow my motor" didn't know information can do that ... As far as the mods go read post Number 10 thats all the information he ever posted and sounds like it was something that helps the car shift differently I really don't know he has an Automatic. But I put down power recently that was pretty close with just a cat back and tune on 96 Octane. I get no Less then 17.5 mpg no matter how much I try lol.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:39 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by carendt242
is this the fastest 'stock' 335 out there? by stock, i mean bolt-ons, no larger turbos, etc.

has anyone put larger turbos / fuel on? what were the results?

- chuck
LOL funny you mention that. I know Prototech out of Fl. was working on reworking the factory turbos. As well as trying to figure out DME issues.

There was an awesome post on here the owner of the car made. Unfortunately about 20 people shot it down, and began questioning the guys business (of which had no relation) and I believe it was deleted.

They were at 18PSI I believe, but the DME was defaulting to limp mode after a pass or two.

EDIT: Went back and found the thread. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ghlight=turbos

Last edited by BAD ASS TA WS6; 12-04-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
theres more to driving than straight line speed. dave's 996TT will run circles around a 335 at the track and last time i checked, a bone stock 996TT traps 116-118 and an x50 996TT traps 120+ which is 4+ mph more than this 335 did, from a roll i would daves 996TT would still take this car easily.
exactly that previous post was taking about how an expensive 996 is no longer good enough because a 335 is faster [in a straight line] big deal... its aggravating when people measure the greatness of a car in terms of straight line speed

Old 12-05-2007, 12:52 AM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
exactly that previous post was taking about how an expensive 996 is no longer good enough because a 335 is faster [in a straight line] big deal... its aggravating when people measure the greatness of a car in terms of straight line speed
lol, can't argue with that, I'd still take a used 996TT over a 335I, it's def more than good enough, but it's also aggravating when people downplay straightline speed or throughout the cliche's "on a track" or "in the twisties" I'm faster, especially when the debate is not about that, cleary this was a 1/4 mile thread. I love straightline acceleration and it has ALOT to do with how I measure a car and I would venture to say many people on this forum as well. Much of the discussion is about 60-130 times, traps and ET's.

BTW a 335I is no sloutch around the track either.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
lol, can't argue with that, I'd still take a used 996TT over a 335I, it's def more than good enough, but it's also aggravating when people downplay straightline speed or throughout the cliche's "on a track" or "in the twisties" I'm faster, especially when the debate is not about that, cleary this was a 1/4 mile thread. I love straightline acceleration and it has ALOT to do with how I measure a car and I would venture to say many people on this forum as well. Much of the discussion is about 60-130 times, traps and ET's.

BTW a 335I is no sloutch around the track either.
Agreed, that straight line speed is a key factor but its not the end all be all that people make it out to be, if it was i'd get a vette, or an SRT something or other, while straight line speed is important and fun, there is SO much more and thats why i would NEVER purchase the above mentioned cars - i used to care only about it when i was younger but as i learned more about cars and finally purchased my first real sports car (03 e46 m3 in 03) was when i started realizing how important corners and twisties really are...

in the beginning when the e46 M3 came out it was one of the fastest cars out there, but in its last year it hardly was anymore... and it didnt matter, because it was so much more then that, it was never short of power to begin with, and many cars are much more then that, but people dont understand it, because they underrate handling

its all from a dude making a comment that his 996 purchase was a mistake b/c a 60k bmw will "beat" him, and his purchase is killing him because he spent so much "$$"... couldnt be further from what i define to be someone who has a passion for cars and what this site is all about

Old 12-05-2007, 04:43 PM
mspiredm3 will become famous soon enoughmspiredm3 will become famous soon enough
Very impressive!

Old 12-10-2007, 12:38 PM
xxweisxxm6 is on a distinguished road
good numbers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW 335i now in the 11's