BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

What is the Best Sounding E46 M3 Exhaust?

Old 10-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by rolfjahn
Thanks everyone-I'm going to go listen @http://www.klangford.com
I like the Milltek so far and a few would sound great at the track-but this is my DD.
The Milltek Exhaust is a nice choice. My Younger brother is running it on his Audi RS4. Ive heard the Milltek on an e46 m3 a few years back, if i remember correctly, it farts

Old 10-24-2008, 02:33 AM
a_Y
a_Y has a spectacular aura abouta_Y has a spectacular aura about
haha i say forget about the exhaust and get a cf airbox instead!

Old 10-24-2008, 03:19 AM
M3_Aaron is on a distinguished road
Best sound - GruppeM or any Ti muffler

Best sound without drone - Tubi

Old 10-27-2008, 06:51 PM
HIGHPSI is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rolfjahn
Honestly E46 M3 owners and Vendors

This is my DD
No rasp or drone-
I can't hear the stock
Would prefer medium/conservative in terms of loudness/decibels
Don't mind if it requires welding or 2 pieces to eliminate the rasp.

I've had one of the first 2001 M3s and the early Dinan model was not that good. It's now for a 2006 M3 (should be the same) but there are so many choices....

I was in the same position. I hated the rasp, didn't want the drone, and the sound had to be something I could live with. I ended up with the Rogue Engineering El Diablo with a Borla mid pipe. It was perfect. It did everything I wanted. I know there are other more expensive louder systems but this setup had the best mix for me.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Alpine ///M is on a distinguished road
Speaking from personal experience, I really enjoyed the AA gen III. Kinda loud, but definately eliminates the rasp. Sounds nice and throaty....That said, I think we have atleast one vote for every exhaust system out there for the e46 m3

Old 10-28-2008, 11:08 AM
nlakind has a spectacular aura aboutnlakind has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jorgeassoc
From personal experience.. Dixis Titanium Exhaust was the best sounding exhaust.
+1, this is what i'm running on my 335

Old 10-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Qs997Turbo will become famous soon enough
Grupe M if you like loud and light weight. That is what I had on my E46 M3.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:20 AM
silvergray///m is on a distinguished road
I got the Custom Performance rasp terminator for $399 on the m3forum.net in july and its great! no drone or rasp and sounds better. I too have been looking for a muffler set up with bigger tips for more of an aggressive look and after extensive reading on the m3 forum, the ones people have most and swear by it are: ss race, dinan, eisenmann and borla with Rogue's El Diablo muffler ratings close also.

I took a ride in the Custom Performance M3 and sounded good.. deep sound, and had the rasp terminator in section 1. The only thing i didn't like about Borla, big thick muffler tips. I just doesn't look right.

Met a guy with a custom section 1 and meisterschaft muffler at Summit Point Raceway and its really really loud!

You can find mufflers on the m3forum or even e46fanatics.com for b/w 800-1200 used and new set ups are in the 2k range for the top tier and the rogue muffler for around 1300 new? I think i'm going with the Rogue in early '09 and will post sound clips when I do so.

Best of luck!

Old 10-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Alpine ///M
Speaking from personal experience, I really enjoyed the AA gen III. Kinda loud, but definately eliminates the rasp. Sounds nice and throaty....That said, I think we have atleast one vote for every exhaust system out there for the e46 m3
AA gen iii doesn't sounds as nice if your running stock headers. The sounds good on low rpm but on the highs , it sounds like a broken record.

+ It is wayy to heavy compared to some ti setups. Go with SS RACE. That sounds wayyyy better, ask anyone!

Old 10-30-2008, 04:17 PM
The Rasp on the E46 M3 is the signature sound. Other than the S54 engine.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:27 PM
envi m3 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I have AA muffler exhaust and STEBRO sec 1 (mid pipe). No rasp, not too loud, and everyone that has even got into my car or heard it said it's one of the best sounding M3s they have heard.

I was going for that sports bike sounds, only a bit deeper. This set up nails that sound.

wish either part was titanium, to shed weight, but i'll settle for s. steel.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:16 AM
drifter12 is on a distinguished road
i've had the eisenmann race, rogue el diablo, and supersprint race. i liked the ss race the best- it had the most throaty, aggressive sound- the most 'raw' note, which is liked. but its not for everyone.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:49 PM
carbonbmw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JDMdoriffftoooo
This is my favorite I have heard also. Cant you get it with the valve, so its suitable for a DD and then push the button when you want it loud?

No matter what anyone tells you, even with the valve closed its loud as heck. The first day I hooked up my valve i drove down to the local gas station that has 100 octane and on the way back I hammered it from like 0-90 and like 2 min later I see 2 cops flying behind me with there lights on, and I got a ticket for mod exhaust, lol. My set-up was prolly the loudest out there tho, no cats no res., and s/c. I also had stripped out my carpet and rear seats

Old 11-07-2008, 07:51 PM
JDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to all
I've changed my mind...this is my favorite sounding M3 ever. I've had this video for years and totally forgot about it.

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o...eightpipes.flv

Old 11-07-2008, 10:13 PM
malvintan is on a distinguished road
the best i would say is kreissieg, second best is gruppeM

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What is the Best Sounding E46 M3 Exhaust?