BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

What is the Best Sounding E46 M3 Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 01:58 PM
rolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to behold
Talking What is the Best Sounding E46 M3 Exhaust?

Honestly E46 M3 owners and Vendors

This is my DD
No rasp or drone-
I can't hear the stock
Would prefer medium/conservative in terms of loudness/decibels
Don't mind if it requires welding or 2 pieces to eliminate the rasp.

I've had one of the first 2001 M3s and the early Dinan model was not that good. It's now for a 2006 M3 (should be the same) but there are so many choices....

Old 10-22-2008, 02:32 PM
F430Rod is on a distinguished road
Probably best you ask on www.m3forum.net

I believe people have eliminated the rasp by installing an AR20 resonator pipe in Section I of the exhaust system. This is basically the S-pipe area. Most cost effective.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
From personal experience.. Dixis Titanium Exhaust was the best sounding exhaust.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:54 PM
a_Y
a_Y has a spectacular aura abouta_Y has a spectacular aura about
powerhouse amuse sounds the best but their quality can only be rated a medium.. solid design is the next best thing but if you don't want loud then this is not for you either. dixis sounds plenty good as George has mentioned. But if you don't want that rasp, then you will need to get rasp eliminators or resonated section 2. also supersprint race with resonated x pipe sounds very good!

Old 10-22-2008, 09:02 PM
cybersam69 will become famous soon enoughcybersam69 will become famous soon enough
I've had 3 different systems on my E46 M3. Honestily, I thought the MangaFlow sounded best, and it was very reasonably priced. I had one system that was much more expensive, and I didn't like it.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:23 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
GruppeM and Dixis titanium.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:54 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
full supersprint race.

here is my former e46 m3. SS headers, SS race cats, SS non resonated x pipe ( i later had the resonated x pipe), and SS race exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUOImLeby2Y

i had supersprint, dinan, and gruppe m. supersprint sounded without a doubt.

Last edited by PorscheC4; 10-24-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:05 AM
cybersam69 will become famous soon enoughcybersam69 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
I had the GruppeM, with the X pipe and S pipes. It's VERY LOUD!!!! Sounds decent, but VERY LOUD!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 07:36 AM
carbonbmw is on a distinguished road
ok I have had the magnaflow and for a DD this is the best IMO. But i did change it out for a kries seig and that is the best exhaust hands down but, it wont work for DD because its the loudest thing you have ever heard.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Heres my 2cents.

1) Powerhouse Amuse is very expensive, unless you have some extra cash laying around for a 3000$ + exhaust.. its better to go with a SOLID DESIGN Titanium Exhaust. It is an exact replica. but half the price!

2) Supersprint Race has never created any problems for me on my E46 M3. With the Section 1+2 Pipes the Supersprint Race will sound amazing.

3) Gruppe M Titanium Exhaust is beautiful and sounds terrific ( Without the Supersprint Section 1+2 Pipes ) if you add the pipes, it will sound similar to a loud chainsaw clanking.

4) Dixis Titanium Exhaust is a terrific lightweight exhaust, They perfected the sound, and it sounds one of a kind.

5) Ive never heard or had a Magnaflow exhaust, but those things are able to be purchased at ANY exhaust shop... ( i know trucks use this brand )

All the exhausts above range from 1500-4000... It just depends on your budget.

if you still have questions about how they sound? heres a website. They provide all the sound clips to E46 M3 exhausts! http://www.klangford.com

Cheers,

G

Last edited by Jorgeassoc; 10-23-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:14 AM
rolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Jorgeassoc -You are the Man!

Thanks everyone-I'm going to go listen @http://www.klangford.com
I like the Milltek so far and a few would sound great at the track-but this is my DD.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:14 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
so many exhaust available for this car. my car was one of the first one's to have a full borla kit on it. Not bad. Great sound and not as pricey as a few others. There are many different possibilites for the E46

Old 10-23-2008, 01:22 PM
F430Rod is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
I had the GruppeM. Was very loud.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:31 PM
JDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to all
Originally Posted by carbonbmw
But i did change it out for a kries seig and that is the best exhaust hands down but, it wont work for DD because its the loudest thing you have ever heard.
This is my favorite I have heard also. Cant you get it with the valve, so its suitable for a DD and then push the button when you want it loud?

Old 10-23-2008, 01:39 PM
whayes is on a distinguished road
I had a larini club sport from bimmerworld.com

It sounds great

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What is the Best Sounding E46 M3 Exhaust?