BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

335i hits 11.99@117.5mph almost stock!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Just In Time
makes me think...... why go for a m3 then??? what reason would you buy a m3 over a 335i?? so close in comparison performance wise... Where does the 15k+ difference justify a m3?
OP: Pretty incredible. New record for the 335i.

VS an M3: Better handling, LSD, better track car (no oil temps to worry about), DCT transmission availability. Also, these spectacular 1/4 mile results are not on CA 91oct gas either....

I believe an M3 ran a 12.0 @ 115mph at the Famoso that day....

Old 12-16-2008, 02:32 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Impressive

Old 12-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by Deuuuce

VS an M3: Better handling, LSD, better track car (no oil temps to worry about), DCT transmission availability. Also, these spectacular 1/4 mile results are not on CA 91oct gas either....

Ya but that M3 had DCT and wasnt stock it had , Race gas mixed in not just 91, Exhaust , ECU , UD pulleys , Drag radials And who knows what else since he won't post it he just says "and other bolt ons." so its not like he was stock he easily paid more in mods then the 335 driver did. Plus the 335 is getting 7-speed DCT this year. Its already available in other countries. I dunno for the price difference I'd just get a KW or Moton suspension and LSD and some better non-runflat tires then the handling argument goes out the window.

As for boosting the M3 a couple companies are working on that already and its already seeming pretty promising but at the same time other companies are working on upgraded ball bearing turbo upgrade kits for the N54 motor which is said to be good for 550+whp and will cost less then a FI kit for the new M. I think 2009 will be a good year for both cars.

Last edited by Jmoney; 12-16-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:09 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Jmoney
I dunno for the price difference I'd just get a KW or Moton suspension and LSD and some better non-runflat tires then the handling argument goes out the window.

Aren't the aftermarket LSD's only available for the 2007MY 335's?

Old 12-16-2008, 04:36 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Damn, I'm very very impressed. You're gonna surprise a few ///M and AMG owners out there.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Ya but that M3 had DCT and wasnt stock it had , Race gas mixed in not just 91, Exhaust , ECU , UD pulleys , Drag radials And who knows what else since he won't post it he just says "and other bolt ons." so its not like he was stock he easily paid more in mods then the 335 driver did. Plus the 335 is getting 7-speed DCT this year. Its already available in other countries. I dunno for the price difference I'd just get a KW or Moton suspension and LSD and some better non-runflat tires then the handling argument goes out the window.

As for boosting the M3 a couple companies are working on that already and its already seeming pretty promising but at the same time other companies are working on upgraded ball bearing turbo upgrade kits for the N54 motor which is said to be good for 550+whp and will cost less then a FI kit for the new M. I think 2009 will be a good year for both cars.
Uh, what are you talking about? I posted everything that is on my car. Don't make things up. Don't talk about handling, you are really reaching now.

I was running 10 gallons of 91. It was raining and thought the event was getting canceled so I filled up practically the full tank. When it cleared up, I poured in the 5 gallons of 100 I had.

On pump gas, a 335 will not touch an M3 with bolt on's on pump gas.

ESS already posted dyno's of their supercharger for the M3. They hit 600 wheel on pump, best of luck seeing that from a 335. With boost on the M3, it is not a discussion, I'll beat the 11.99 naturally aspirated on pump gas. With boost, it would just be a joke.

Last edited by CURI0; 12-16-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:34 PM
calteg is on a distinguished road
On the exact same 11.99 ET race map that I have been driving around with for a couple of weeks now...this is not some radical non-civilized race map,
Right....it's just a map utilizing 104 octane. It's an interesting engineering exercise, but what happens when you run into that 135i on the street? Great numbers, but I'll lump it in with the dyno queen supras that have ice bags on the intercooler.

Originally Posted by Just In Time
makes me think...... why go for a m3 then??? what reason would you buy a m3 over a 335i?? so close in comparison performance wise... Where does the 15k+ difference justify a m3?
Exactly. The cooling issues have all been addressed via TSBs, and $15,000 will buy you a LOT of mods. That's not even considering that a 135 would be a better track toy while making the difference closer to $20,000

Old 12-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by CURI0
Uh, what are you talking about? I posted everything that is on my car. Don't make things up. Don't talk about handling, you are really reaching now.

I was running 10 gallons of 91. It was raining and thought the event was getting canceled so I filled up practically the full tank. When it cleared up, I poured in the 5 gallons of 100 I had.

On pump gas, a 335 will not touch an M3 with bolt on's on pump gas.

ESS already posted dyno's of their supercharger for the M3. They hit 600 wheel on pump, best of luck seeing that from a 335. With boost on the M3, it is not a discussion, I'll beat the 11.99 naturally aspirated on pump gas. With boost, it would just be a joke.
Ya you're still dreaming buddy this car ran with practically no mods and gas and you have a good deal of bolt ons so what do you think will happen if he got bolt-ons like exhaust ,downpipes, intercooler ? Obviously its going be even better. If you could have done 11's on pump gas then why didn't you? Didn't you have Drag radials and all extra gear yada yada . If your so sure about beating a properly tuned 335 on 91 then go run Terry on pump gas simple I'm sure you didn't say **** about that to any of the 335's out there that day but now you have something to say online. Don't just make promises you can't keep. The ESS kit looks promising for the M I wonder how much that will be $12-15K or more? What if the 335 guys install turbo upgrades... whats your point? Bottom line its a never ending thing so enjoy your M and quit writing checks with your mouth that your car can't cash.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Ya you're still dreaming buddy this car ran with practically no mods and gas and you have a good deal of bolt ons so what do you think will happen if he got bolt-ons like exhaust ,downpipes, intercooler ? Obviously its going be even better. If you could have done 11's on pump gas then why didn't you? Didn't you have Drag radials and all extra gear yada yada . If your so sure about beating a properly tuned 335 on 91 then go run Terry on pump gas simple I'm sure you didn't say **** about that to any of the 335's out there that day but now you have something to say online. Don't just make promises you can't keep. The ESS kit looks promising for the M I wonder how much that will be $12-15K or more? What if the 335 guys install turbo upgrades... whats your point? Bottom line its a never ending thing so enjoy your M and quit writing checks with your mouth that your car can't cash.
Does the thought that I am naturally aspirated escape you? I can't exactly just raise boost.

Good deal of bolt on's? What, a tune, an underdrive pulley, scoops (100$), and pre-cat delete? Wow, crazy amount of mods. I did not even get a tune in time for the cat delete.

Why didn't I hit 11? I had drag radials just like all these 335's and 135's have. The difference is, my 60 foot was 1.95 as I need a proper line lock or a way to disable the car sensing the brakes and gas to heat them with a burnout. Sorry I ran a 12.1 my first time out with my mods. What does your little 335 run? Oh wait, you don't have one.

There WERE no 335's out there that day. I would spank that 135 if it ran on pump instead of C16.

Keep talking about other people's cars, because we both know YOU can't compete with either of us.

I'm going back out to the track in January and Terry will be there. Don't be surprised when I top that car, and I'll do it on pump gas.

Ya, I bet the ESS kit will be 10-15k. What will a turbo upgrade on a 335 be? You think it will hit 600 wheel on pump? You are dreaming, the M3s have passed the 335 by in aftermarket tuning in less than a year on the market. Imagine what that ESS kit would do on 100 octane, 700 wheel? The 335's internals won't hold that, the M3's are forged, you get what you pay for.

Keep typing, I'll be at the track proving it once again and you will by talking about what others are doing and dreaming that a 335 with coil-overs handles or drive like an M3, HAHA!

Last edited by CURI0; 12-16-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:45 PM
RENEGADE is on a distinguished road
Seems like both cars ran good times for the mods they had. Why not be a BMW enthusiast and appreciate the potential of both.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Does the thought that I am naturally aspirated escape you? I can't exactly just raise boost.

Good deal of bolt on's? What, a tune, an underdrive pulley, scoops (100$), and pre-cat delete? Wow, crazy amount of mods. I did not even get a tune in time for the cat delete.

Why didn't I hit 11? I had drag radials just like all these 335's and 135's have. The difference is, my 60 foot was 1.95 as I need a proper line lock or a way to disable the car sensing the brakes and gas to heat them with a burnout. Sorry I ran a 12.1 my first time out with my mods. What does your little 335 run? Oh wait, you don't have one.

There WERE no 335's out there that day. I would spank that 135 if it ran on pump instead of C16.

Keep talking about other people's cars, because we both know YOU can't compete with either of us.

I'm going back out to the track in January and Terry will be there. Don't be surprised when I top that car, and I'll do it on pump gas.

Ya, I bet the ESS kit will be 10-15k. What will a turbo upgrade on a 335 be? You think it will hit 600 wheel on pump? You are dreaming, the M3s have passed the 335 by in aftermarket tuning in less than a year on the market. Imagine what that ESS kit would do on 100 octane, 700 wheel? The 335's internals won't hold that, the M3's are forged, you get what you pay for.

Keep typing, I'll be at the track proving it once again and you will by talking about what others are doing and dreaming that a 335 with coil-overs handles or drive like an M3, HAHA!
Yawn ok bro... I can't compete with your lil M3 alright.... Your right I don't have an M3 or a 335 but what I have is worth more then both put together brand new anyway so I'm not worried about it that much but shat in my thread so run along now.

I like how u said there were no 335's out there that day even though the timeslips match by the date and you said you were there when you watched Terry's 135 trap 120mph so now your just making your self look stupid as if you didn't already do that thanks... BTW I didn't know you were a BMW engineer that knows what the 335 block will hold by imagination alone nice.. you should change your screename to cleo

Old 12-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Banned
Yawn ok bro... I can't compete with your lil M3 alright.... Your right I don't have an M3 or a 335 but what I have is worth more then both put together brand new anyway so I'm not worried about it that much but shat in my thread so run along now.

I like how u said there were no 335's out there that day even though the timeslips match by the date and you said you were there when you watched Terry's 135 trap 120mph so now your just making your self look stupid as if you didn't already do that thanks... BTW I didn't know you were a BMW engineer that knows what the 335 block will hold by imagination alone nice.. you should change your screename to cleo
No you can't compete, you don't have a car, so stop talking about what other people are doing as if you are doing it.

There were no 335's out there, buy one and come out instead of typing about what you think it can do.

Making yourself look stupid is talking about things when you weren't there and when you don't know.

The 335 internals aren't forged like the M3's, do you understand what that means? The block is magnesium-aluminum alloy, it is significantly weaker than the M3's which is made with the same aluminum-silicon material as the F1 blocks and at the same plant the F1 blocks are made. You get what you pay for.

Ever see what the E46 M3's put down with boost on the stock internals and block? The E92 M3 has stronger and lighter parts that rev higher, maybe do some research kid.

"I like how u said there were no 335's out there that day even though the timeslips match by the date and you said you were there when you watched Terry's 135 trap 120mph so now your just making your self look stupid as if you didn't already do that thanks" Is this even English? What are you even trying to say?

Old 12-16-2008, 09:32 PM
No you can't compete, you don't have a car, so stop talking about what other people are doing as if you are doing it.

There were no 335's out there, buy one and come out instead of typing about what you think it can do.

Making yourself look stupid is talking about things when you weren't there and when you don't know.

The 335 internals aren't forged like the M3's, do you understand what that means? The block is magnesium-aluminum alloy, it is significantly weaker than the M3's which is made with the same aluminum-silicon material as the F1 blocks and at the same plant the F1 blocks are made. You get what you pay for.

Ever see what the E46 M3's put down with boost on the stock internals and block? The E92 M3 has stronger and lighter parts that rev higher, maybe do some research kid.

"I like how u said there were no 335's out there that day even though the timeslips match by the date and you said you were there when you watched Terry's 135 trap 120mph so now your just making your self look stupid as if you didn't already do that thanks" Is this even English? What are you even trying to say?
Tell you what in a week or so when I get back from out of town I'll bring my No car having *** and **** on your M3 in the mean time GTF out of my thread. Last I heard I'm older then you "Kid" so why don't you wait till you can buy a drink first thanks.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Banned
8speed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Deuuuce

Bone stock new M3 can't get close to those numbers....must be modded

Great time for 335i.....trap speed is crazy

Old 12-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 8speed
Bone stock new M3 can't get close to those numbers....must be modded

Great time for 335i.....trap speed is crazy
335 has to modded to hit those numbers and on 100 octane, so what?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 335i hits 11.99@117.5mph almost stock!