BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Picked up an F01

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:22 PM
JVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Nice choice of color and trim! Thanks for sharing the pics...

Old 08-12-2009, 01:33 PM
slammedM is on a distinguished road
did you have a 7 series previous to this?
can you chime in on how you would compare the 2?

Old 08-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Former Vendor
FluidMotorUnion has a spectacular aura aboutFluidMotorUnion has a spectacular aura about
Very nice! Congrats on the purchase!

Old 08-13-2009, 11:52 AM
silkysmooth is on a distinguished road
congrats on the new car.
I like the shifter a lot!!!!!!
I like the interior's color but not so much with the layout, it's busy looking.
she needs a set of better looking wheels ASAP.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
I love BMW's new steering wheels. Everyone needs to make a thick steering wheel.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:51 PM
freshwhite335 is infamous around these partsfreshwhite335 is infamous around these parts
We had an E65 750 Sport.

Okay so compared to the 2006 E65 we had before here are some things I've noticed:

Pros:
-the new idrive is awesome.
-love how u dont have to push the door handle in anymore to lock it with comfort access, u just touch the handle like on my e90
-love the ipod integration.
- 450lb ft at 1800RPM
- active steering and 4 wheel steering
-back-uo cam, its even great at night!
-love the gauges and the functionality of the second screen in the IP
-HUD is awesome
-the interior quality is much nicer.
-power trunk is MUCH quieter
-love the design of the door handles and how u pull the handle and the keyhole remains
-all of the lights... side, front, rear... all awesome
-the E65 was a pain in the *** in a parking lot, my full sized Range Rover was better in a parking lot than our E65. The F01 feels like my E90 in a parking lot, nimble and painless.
-love the "hot buttons"
- <3 ceramic trim
-<3 ash grain wood
- the ventilated seats are much quieter and work much better
-i could list the pros forever but most of u know what they are... it may seem like my con list is long in comparison but they are just the things ive noticed.

Cons:
- im not sure if its just because the car is so new but i cant stop the thing smoothly. i always end up making it buck
- the ride, even in sport, is still too floaty for my taste. IMO the E65 had a great ride and maybe it was because it had 21" wheels on it but I prefered the ride in that car to the new one, i like to feel the road when i drive, even if im driving a "luxury barge" the E38 and E65 managed to make it work so i dont know what happened on the F01
-when stopped and in Drive the car tends to shudder. my E90 335 does it so im not sure if its just the nature of a turbo engine but it does it and our old E65 with its NA engine didnt
- the often discussed throttle calibration issue
- i would have preferred a more durable leather on the console, i can already tell its going to be TOTALLY shot. but i guess thats what the warranty is for.
-there was A LOT more interior storage in the E65
-slightly smaller trunk
-[stupid but...] the key is HUGE
-the E65 never rattled after 3 years and 42000 miles and i already hear a slight rattle coming from the driver side window with 150 miles on the car.
-[weird but...] anyone think the signal stalk has a little too much travel? its like u have to move ur hand off where [at least i do] ur holding the wheel to signal whereas in every other BMW [and Range Rover] weve had u didnt have to.
-i wish the phone cradle was removable. i didnt order 6NF for a reason and to have it take up 50% of my console is annoying,

my mom really wants the new "ferric grey" 21inch wheels, we'll see

Old 08-24-2009, 10:47 PM
mcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nice
congrats car looks clean i could imagine what it would look like in one of the bmw individual colors :drool:

Old 09-02-2009, 07:26 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice...