BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

My M5 is completed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 02:12 PM
returnofcc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NewSong
That's not the point at all. If someone is blindly shooting a gun in the midst of people, and he stops as soon as people get really close to him, is that okay?
That's not the same case. In that case, there is the possibility that the bullet will hit somebody. If you are racing near nobody, there is NO possibility that you are going to kill any innocent person unless you suddenly pass out with your foot on the accelerator and you hit traffic far away from you.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:13 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by returnofcc
Ok, he is endangering himself, the camera man, and the driver of the other car while he is racing. He slows down before the traffic, therefore he never endangers the traffic. If you drive at 150mph 1 mile away from traffic, are you endangering the traffic?
What if his brakes failed, or if someone tried to merge into his lane and didn't see him coming at 100+mph?

Seriously, it's pretty easy to see that he's not only "endangering himself". How did you even get your driver's license?

Old 12-22-2009, 02:16 PM
returnofcc is on a distinguished road
What if his brakes failed, or if someone tried to merge into his lane and didn't see him coming at 100+mph?

Seriously, it's pretty easy to see that he's not only "endangering himself". How did you even get your driver's license?
Brakes could fail even at 70m.p.h. That is unrelated to whether he is racing or not. As for the lane merging, I'm pretty sure he started slowing down before all traffic in all all lanes...

Old 12-22-2009, 02:18 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Thumbs down

That's not the same case. In that case, there is the possibility that the bullet will hit somebody.
Exactly, accidents happen.

If you are racing near nobody, there is NO possibility that you are going to kill any innocent person unless you suddenly pass out with your foot on the accelerator and you hit traffic far away from you.
Tell me you're not serious. You're posting in this thread to troll, and pretend you care about the topic. No mature, grown adult, would ever agree with the line of reasoning above.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Silence is the best treatment. You believe what you believe in, but I can assure you that it's not going to stop people from speeding, racing, or just ripping it. I'm not going to ruin this thread because you decided to play police.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Thumbs down

Brakes could fail even at 70m.p.h. That is unrelated to whether he is racing or not. As for the lane merging, I'm pretty sure he started slowing down before all traffic in all all lanes...
You should never operate a high performance vehicle, even on a track. You don't even have a basic grasp of newtonian physics. As most people who have tracked their car, it's common knowledge that when you go twice as fast, you increase your stopping distance by quadruple. That has a huge effect on the safety of others around you.

As for the video, yeah he started slowing down in the midst of other cars, yet you could tell he was going much faster then the other cars because he was passing them up in the camera (simple observation).

We haven't even mentioned the CR8 that wizzed by some guy in the fast lane going about 150mph off of camera range.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by jpvarghese
Silence is the best treatment. You believe what you believe in, but I can assure you that it's not going to stop people from speeding, racing, or just ripping it. I'm not going to ruin this thread because you decided to play police.
Look, I don't really care what you believe and what you do. Strike that, I hope you don't end up flattening some poor family in their mini-van while you engage in street racing with your buddies.

But I'm not going to let the "ricer" crew just turn this thread into a cheer fest, when kids could be reading this forum and thinking what the OP did was "super cool and awesome."

Old 12-22-2009, 03:20 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
You never answered my questions. Since you are so opinionated on this issue, I am genuinely curious as to what you find acceptable.

To answer your other questions, about my son... I wouldn't encourage him to street race. I do plan on handing down a Porsche Race Car to him when he's able to drive, and would really enjoy watching him learn how to drive. We are lucky that there are a number of good road courses within an hour or so from where we live, and that's where I hope he will race. What I won't do however is insult the intelligence of those that may have differing opinions about what is right or wrong. I can't say that what the OP did was so wrong. Maybe it's because I used to street race thus I won't judge him. I also don't know him, nor am I familiar with the country that he's from. I don't know the street race scene over there, I don't know the street that he's racing on... I don't even know what the speed limit is in that country. You are obviously entitled to your opinion as is everyone in this forum but you don't need to assume that just because someone disagrees with you, that they are stupid. I'm sure you have never text while driving, drink and drive, ran a stop sign, been pulled over for any traffic violations, driven while drowsy, or street raced in your life. I honestly think that's great. Since you are a person beyond reproach, maybe you can just give some slack to those that aren't as mature as you seem to be... you are on a car forum...

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-22-2009 at 08:10 PM. Reason: don't quote stuff like that
Old 12-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by jhuang25
You never answered my questions. Since you are so opinionated on this issue, I am genuinely curious as to what you find acceptable.

To answer your other questions, about my son... I wouldn't encourage him to street race.
Exactly. So if you wouldn't want your own son doing such things, why would you be supportive of others doing it?

The National speed limit in Bahrain is 120kmph, which is about 74mph. I'd venture to say that the M5, Z06, and CR8 in those videos surpassed those limits by a huge margin.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:44 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
Lol... ok man. That's my point exactly. What I "prefer" for myself doesn't mean I will impose that on others, or worse, assume I am always right, thus everyone else is wrong and stupid... especially if I don't know them nor am I familiar with that part of the world. I have my own set of morals, and beliefs which I'm sure are different from many on this board. I can appreciate the fact that we're all individuals here... we come from various cultures, religions... people are different.

I'm assuming that since you don't respond to my other questions, that you're probably a law abiding citizen in that M3. Do you track it at all? I'm just curious what you do with your car.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Cool

Lol... ok man. That's my point exactly. What I "prefer" for myself doesn't mean I will impose that on others, or worse, assume I am always right, thus everyone else is wrong and stupid... especially if I don't know them nor am I familiar with that part of the world. I have my own set of morals, and beliefs which I'm sure are different from many on this board. I can appreciate the fact that we're all individuals here... we come from various cultures, religions... people are different.

I'm assuming that since you don't respond to my other questions, that you're probably a law abiding citizen in that M3. Do you track it at all? I'm just curious what you do with your car.
Yeah, I agree that we are all small slivers of a huge rainbow cake but there are universal laws, such as the laws of physics.

When you have vehicles that are traveling only dozens of yards apart at greatly varying speeds, it can only spell trouble because human reaction times are limited, and so are the performance capabilities of the cars involved.

Bahrain does have a national speed limit, so their culture must realize that excessive speeding can be dangerous, especially in the context of racing on public roads. Unless the point you are trying to make is that Street Racing is more acceptable in that culture, then I don't see what platform you're trying to take. You'd have to prove that point though as I think you'd probably be wrong (not necessarily stupid).

Old 12-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Thumbs up

I am pretty law abiding I do admit. I have tracked before in my M3 (and other cars), but not very much recently. I've been kind of busy with work, and I'm actually getting into fishing more as a hobby than I am with motorsport. That'll probably change when the weather gets better though.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by aznronin
Newsong your an idiot. i hope your kid dosent grow up to be an overly opinionated holy than thou idiot like yourself. to the OP great vids to bad Newsong ruined this thread with his stupid opinions.
I have a feeling you might not live long enough to have any kids if you keep street racing.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
I hope with all the effort you put in to show that street racing is deadly, you also spend the same amount of it badgering those that text, blow stop signs, play loud music, talk on their cell phones, etc. because ALL of these can cause deadly accidents. Your rant is pointless and unnecessary.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I agree that we are all small slivers of a huge rainbow cake but there are universal laws, such as the laws of physics.

When you have vehicles that are traveling only dozens of yards apart at greatly varying speeds, it can only spell trouble because human reaction times are limited, and so are the performance capabilities of the cars involved.

Bahrain does have a national speed limit, so their culture must realize that excessive speeding can be dangerous, especially in the context of racing on public roads. Unless the point you are trying to make is that Street Racing is more acceptable in that culture, then I don't see what platform you're trying to take. You'd have to prove that point though as I think you'd probably be wrong (not necessarily stupid).
I was saying that every situation is different. Some more dangerous than others, agree? My point is, I don't know who this guy is, nor do I know his level of driving ability, which you must agree absolutely affects how dangerous a situation may be when street racing. For example, a good driver, with a properly prepped vehicle is much less dangerous than a newbie in a car he's unfamiliar with. The speed limit comment was to reflect my lack of knowledge to the OP, his country, his culture, that street, the other racers, the other people present...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My M5 is completed!