BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

My M5 is completed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 04:02 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jpvarghese
I hope with all the effort you put in to show that street racing is deadly, you also spend the same amount of it badgering those that text, blow stop signs, play loud music, talk on their cell phones, etc. because ALL of these can cause deadly accidents. Your rant is pointless and unnecessary.
Actually, you see, I've managed to take the focus off the OP's street racing videos into a discussion about the dangers of street racing. I'm raising awareness about something dangerous but using the OP's videos as a focal point. We can all learn something here.

I think this was quite successful, not to toot my own horn.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:05 PM
returnofcc is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by NewSong
Tell me you're not serious. You're posting in this thread to troll, and pretend you care about the topic. No mature, grown adult, would ever agree with the line of reasoning above.
And no mature, grown adult would bring the REAL names of people and their children in to an internet forum in order to prove their point.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:05 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Cool

Originally Posted by jhuang25
I was saying that every situation is different. Some more dangerous than others, agree? My point is, I don't know who this guy is, nor do I know his level of driving ability, which you must agree absolutely affects how dangerous a situation may be when street racing. For example, a good driver, with a properly prepped vehicle is much less dangerous than a newbie in a car he's unfamiliar with. The speed limit comment was to reflect my lack of knowledge to the OP, his country, his culture, that street, the other racers, the other people present...
I agree that there are "more dangerous" situations, but because something is more dangerous than another, doesn't negate that both situations, in the end, are dangerous.

I think this discussion has been helpful for all involved and I'm glad you all could take the time to participate.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:09 PM
returnofcc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NewSong
I agree that there are "more dangerous" situations, but because something is more dangerous than another, doesn't negate that both situations, in the end, are dangerous.

I think this discussion has been helpful for all involved and I'm glad you all could take the time to participate.
You didn't prove anything that we didn't know. I'm pretty sure everybody on this forum is aware of the dangers of street racing, and I know some people, like myself, only speed on the track or on an OPEN road. We aren't cold-blooded murderers like you are trying to make us out to be, but nice try.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by returnofcc
And no mature, grown adult would bring the REAL names of people and their children in to an internet forum in order to prove their point.
Why not? It sets the point home. It's an effective tactic meant to bring more awareness about this topic.

Now you have to ask yourself, what are you going to contribute to the discussion besides vitriol?

Old 12-22-2009, 04:11 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
This thread is done. If you can't make an argument without insulting others, you're better off keeping your opinions to yourself.