BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

My New Project E60 M5 Has Begun!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Here are some quick sneak pics. Installing the H&R lowering springs right now so will have great shots later...

Old 05-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Former Vendor
COR Forged is a glorious beacon of lightCOR Forged is a glorious beacon of lightCOR Forged is a glorious beacon of lightCOR Forged is a glorious beacon of lightCOR Forged is a glorious beacon of lightCOR Forged is a glorious beacon of light
The wheels and the car will look great with those H&R's!

Old 05-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Rep points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate stock wheels and I hate stock ride height. No matter what car. They never look good. The front of the BMW looks like it is ready for lift off and the wheels are ok, if they were in 20's. But the OEM's have a plan and so do we, so we make things look better! The look of this car is really important to us as well as supporting the brands we deal with. We wanted to venture out on the wheels and we chose to work with CorForged[/URL]. The wheels we got are from their new Precise series called Cipher. Being a fan of the spoke design and avoiding mesh looks, this design fit the build after seeing their Nissan GTR[/url] equipped with these wheels they build. The wheels are 20x9 and 20x10.5 featuring a polished stepped lip. The centers are powdercoated flat black and have been machined extra to reduce weight. We wrapped the wheels with the Toyo T1R tires[/url]. The fronts are a 245/30/20 and the rear a 275/30/20 for that stretched look. Looking for a more flush look, we are actually going to add H&R 10mm spacers[/url] to the fronts to push it out more. Overall very happy with the look and finish.

Next we added the H&R lowering springs to the car. As a daily driver, not really interested in doing coilovers and messing with the EDC. The EDC is a great feature and really really works well. Typically H&R springs provide a great ride compared to the competition we have dealt with. This set did not fail us. The spring install was intensive as you have to pretty much remove each front wheel carrier. Once installed, the H&R Lowering Springs for the M5[/url] provided a perfect stance. Dropping the front 1.2 inches and the rear .75 inches was great. The ride with the EDC off or on was still improved.

Up next on the mod list comes an underdrive pulley kit (TBA), Vorsteiner aero kit, and flat eggplant purple wrap!

Stay tuned to our Project M5 Section Here[/url] for all updates and leave your comments for us

PS... Got alittle bored and did a 60-130 pull with our Agency Power valvetronic exhaust open. Love the sound. Forgot what car I was driving because I kept shifting at 6500, I had 2000rpms more to go!
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4FeYghtMjI[/YT]

Old 05-17-2010, 05:18 PM
BeltFed is just really niceBeltFed is just really niceBeltFed is just really niceBeltFed is just really niceBeltFed is just really nice
love the all black

Old 05-17-2010, 09:14 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
I've never seen someone go with a narrower setup in the rear. What was your reasoning behind that?

Old 05-20-2010, 07:12 AM
chrisallen is on a distinguished road
Car looks great, I look forward to some more!!

Old 05-20-2010, 09:55 AM
V8HAHA is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DarrinB
I've never seen someone go with a narrower setup in the rear. What was your reasoning behind that?
I think you misread his thread

The wheels are 20x9 and 20x10.5 featuring a polished stepped lip. The centers are powdercoated flat black and have been machined extra to reduce weight. We wrapped the wheels with the Toyo T1R tires. The fronts are a 245/30/20 and the rear a 275/30/20 for that stretched look.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor
Just added 10mm front spacers to get a more flush look and the stock airbox with K&N filters. New pics coming.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor
COR Forged is a glorious beacon of lightCOR Forged is a glorious beacon of lightCOR Forged is a glorious beacon of lightCOR Forged is a glorious beacon of lightCOR Forged is a glorious beacon of lightCOR Forged is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by vividracing
Just added 10mm front spacers to get a more flush look and the stock airbox with K&N filters. New pics coming.
Can't wait to see the new pics!

Old 05-24-2010, 12:00 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
sikk project.. cant wait to see the end result

Old 05-24-2010, 01:40 PM
ShreddieM is an unknown quantity at this point
You make it clean, stylish, and the everyday destroyer!
Well said...

Old 05-25-2010, 08:36 AM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
awesome M5 build. car looks great.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Former Vendor
Any updates on the car?!

Old 05-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Former Vendor
Vorsteiner kit on the way. Updates coming soon.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Former Vendor
Vorsteiner kit on the way. Updates coming soon.
that is going to look wicked!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New Project E60 M5 Has Begun!