BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

BMW Concept CS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Octanemia is on a distinguished road
BMW Concept CS

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../FREE/70419001

Tomorrow, BMW will take wraps off the Concept CS at the Shanghai auto show—a car that is a very thinly veiled representation of a model soon headed for production.

The CS is envisioned as a range-topping four-door with coupe styling, sharing underpinnings with the next-generation 7 Series. The exterior dimensions are impressive—and large. The low-slung body stretches 200.8 inches long and a huge 78 inches wide, but is a scant 53.5 inches high. For comparison, the current 7 Series is smaller than this beast: 198.4 inches long, 58.7 inches high and 74.9 inches wide. Even with its increased length and width, the seating capacity in the CS—and the production four-door coupe it will spawn—drops to four.

Our sources in Shanghai report the CS seeks to bridge the gap between the 7 Series and Rolls-Royce, as well as fend off the upcoming Porsche Panamera and Aston Martin Rapide, and provide an answer to the high-end version of the Mercedes-Benz CLS—the car that started the four-door coupe craze. Equally important, it foreshadows the direction of BMW design.

The styling of the concept is a natural progression of the initially derided and now much copied “flamed surfacing” treatment initiated by American designer Chris Bangle. This car continues to carry concave body panels, but adds ever-sharpening creases at its flanks and rear; note the exaggerated hip line that helps to show both length and stance for the car. From behind, the edginess—and futuristic look—of this design is apparent. The Concept CS’s style shows a kind of toughness that buyers of the production car can only hope it will emulate. Huge 21-inch wheels hint at the performance potential and exaggerated rear fenders remind you of BMW’s rear-drive philosophy.

BMW no doubt will offer an M variant. Power for the highest performance model should be a 6.0-liter V12, which will essentially add two cylinders to the 5.0-liter V10 in the M5; the likelihood is that everything that wears an M badge will use a configuration of that engine. As example, the next M3 cuts off a pair of cylinders to have a 4.0-liter V8.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:02 PM
jlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nice
Not bad looking but looks like a Dodge charger, Aston Martin, and BMW 6 series put together. Smart move for BMW to try to get this market segment.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:21 PM
3TARD is on a distinguished road
Not feeling this design

Old 04-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Gusagain is on a distinguished road
I like it, except for MB type exhaust

Old 04-20-2007, 01:44 PM
flash80 is on a distinguished road
the front looks weird. at first I didn't see the Charger comparison, but at the 3/4 angle from the front--bingo.

CLS looks better. Maybe Audi's try at the 4-door coupe thing will be better.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:52 PM
lax01 will become famous soon enough

If this is the future direction of BMW, you better believe I'll never own another one...that is AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL

Old 04-20-2007, 02:46 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Car looks like a Hippo

Old 04-20-2007, 02:57 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Holy grossness...

Old 04-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Blazing is on a distinguished road
I like sides good job there,the rear isnt so bad, the wheels very Hot,the Interior nothing special about it looks like my 6's interior with a mild makeover, and LASTLY the FRONT ITS JUST FILTHY (THE WORST FRONT END). It really reminds me of the Panamera (performance wise the Panamera will wipe many cars)

Old 04-20-2007, 05:21 PM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
I actually think it's gonna look really good IRL.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Beach_Bum will become famous soon enough
Hey look, it's one of those BMW Charger.Avenger.Viper.Nitro cars. [Puke]

They REALLY need to fire Bangle. This is the worst looking car I've ever seen.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Big E Smallz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 3TARD
Not feeling this design
I agree.. the body is oddly shaped, if you look at the side view, it kind of looks like one of thoes fighter jets with the shark face on it.. the interior looks sick though

Old 04-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Responsible user
Bronto will become famous soon enough
oh no! it looks very much like a porsche cayenne. I don't know if it looks better irl but that made me feel sick.
interior is sweet though

Old 04-21-2007, 10:09 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Nooooooo! What are they smokin' over there?

Old 04-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Blazing is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ashokn225
I actually think it's gonna look really good IRL.
Yeah, i guess so, i actually like the overally design i just HATE THE FRONT END. It look like a cross between a Lexus GS,Maserati Quattroporte Porte (ESp the front) and a BMW 7-series,with a dash of something else.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BMW Concept CS