BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

My M Coupe... Interlagos splashed with Jet Black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 11:07 AM
MyPower is on a distinguished road
Very sexy!! I love Interlagos, first time I have seen one all blacked out!

Old 06-29-2007, 01:36 AM
Banned
StephenTi is on a distinguished road
What's interesting is... I've driven the M Coupe and M3, and the M Coupe felt definitively the sharper and sportier of the two by a margin. It does the Nurburgring faster too. Yet...

The M3 wins a lot of international accolades and comparision tests, while the M Coupe gets no love. Seems like 9/10 reviews and comparison tests have been negative or neutral. Heck, if you read the latest C&D, you'd think the M Coupe is not much more than a chassis to stick the left-overed S54 engines.

So... as often as the M3 reviews describe it as superior is as often as the M Coupe is described inferior... yet we know which car is higher performing of the two. The car is like the Rodney Dangerfield of Sports Coupes...

The Boxster/Cayman runs with open diffs, which simply doesn't make sense for a sports car. And if someone doesn't think it's an issue, just ask autoxers or people who've tracked in the wet. Yet, I don't recall ever reading a peep about the lack of a limited-slip dif. Guess some are simply meant to be loved...

Old 07-15-2007, 07:45 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
the black roof looks hot!

Old 07-15-2007, 07:54 PM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by StephenTi
What's interesting is... I've driven the M Coupe and M3, and the M Coupe felt definitively the sharper and sportier of the two by a margin. It does the Nurburgring faster too. Yet...

The M3 wins a lot of international accolades and comparision tests, while the M Coupe gets no love. Seems like 9/10 reviews and comparison tests have been negative or neutral. Heck, if you read the latest C&D, you'd think the M Coupe is not much more than a chassis to stick the left-overed S54 engines.

So... as often as the M3 reviews describe it as superior is as often as the M Coupe is described inferior... yet we know which car is higher performing of the two. The car is like the Rodney Dangerfield of Sports Coupes...

The Boxster/Cayman runs with open diffs, which simply doesn't make sense for a sports car. And if someone doesn't think it's an issue, just ask autoxers or people who've tracked in the wet. Yet, I don't recall ever reading a peep about the lack of a limited-slip dif. Guess some are simply meant to be loved...
Good points...plus the Cayman is 10-15k more expensive. Out of curiousity, did you consider the 335 or Vette?

The wheels look ok (they'll hold you over for the time being) but the roof turned out great.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Ag Surfer is on a distinguished road
Looks very very nice.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:37 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Looks great. If you get wheels, Im a fan of the CSLs on the MZ. Those in black as yours are now would be just about perfect. Well done!

Old 07-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Banned
Thanks guys...

Actually, I might pick up a set of CSL's or BBS CH's and do the same color-scheme... black w/ blue lip. However, both set of wheels are only avg in terms of light-weighted-ness.

And I think with this car, spokes going to the lip is a must... don't like the deep-dished look for this one for some reason. If only they made a forged BBS CH or CSL wheel. Neez are nice, but a little too expensive for this application. Volk racing makes light wheels for this car... but they don't look all that good.

Looks, Affordability, Lightness... you can only pick two!

Old 07-15-2007, 11:48 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
if u find extra 2 CSL front wheel let me know!

Old 07-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Banned
Check the usual M3 forums... a couple weeks back, someone had the fronts for sale for $1100 or something like that. I can't remember which specific forum it was though.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Demetrios540i is on a distinguished road
hot sex of a car

Old 07-20-2007, 08:23 AM
joyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura about
my favorite bmw color of all time! looks very nice! Time to track that baby and pass some 335i's

Old 08-03-2007, 10:50 AM
srika will become famous soon enoughsrika will become famous soon enough

Old 08-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Banned
Arling... are you done w/ your M Coupe yet?

Old 08-03-2007, 12:52 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Sweet ride, I love what you've done to it!

Old 08-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Interesting. It has sort of an unmarked cop car look.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My M Coupe... Interlagos splashed with Jet Black