BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

550 with sport package looks hot!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 03:08 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adybuncio
Yeah, they arent "out" yet, but my buddy has one, and its night and day. Dynoed with close to 400hp to the wheels.
Ummm... Incorrect, sir.

I'd love to see any N54 putting down 400rwhp from a software upgrade alone. The latest BETAs for AA and Vishnu + cat-back are putting down mid 300s rwhp, and high 300s rwtq (on 335i).

Old 07-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by BD 997
pics anyone???
Here's how I'm going to order it:

Old 07-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Antz_997s is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Red Devil
Here's how I'm going to order it:

HOT!! Alpine white is the best color for the E60.. Thumbs up!

Old 07-26-2007, 11:57 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
its a great car...but have you guys looked at the price...friggin 70k...that is a HELL of a lot of money for a standard 5er...

makes a cls seem like a bargain...

EDIT...only 69k for a friggin CLS...im switching to mercedes...

Old 07-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sechsgang
its a great car...but have you guys looked at the price...friggin 70k...that is a HELL of a lot of money for a standard 5er...
Agreed. I paid 72 for my E39 M5 when they were hotter than hell. Costs of the higher end cars just keeps going up b/c they build it, price it and we still come. Lexus & Infiniti brought BMW & M-B back to reality in 1990 but I don't think we will see that again.

makes a cls seem like a bargain...

EDIT...only 69k for a friggin CLS...im switching to mercedes...
Now that seems like a dumb statement from someone with a Turbo and RS6. BMWs are driver's cars by far and although the CLS is quite the looker, most of us spend our time driving rather than looking at it. I am willing to sacrifice on looks but not performance & handling.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:23 PM
master_jcp will become famous soon enoughmaster_jcp will become famous soon enough
Do you take black int? My uncle has his 530d with chip( sport package ) and like it more than a A6.He has it in cabron-black which I not like. White is the best choice.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Agreed. I paid 72 for my E39 M5 when they were hotter than hell. Costs of the higher end cars just keeps going up b/c they build it, price it and we still come. Lexus & Infiniti brought BMW & M-B back to reality in 1990 but I don't think we will see that again.

Now that seems like a dumb statement from someone with a Turbo and RS6. BMWs are driver's cars by far and although the CLS is quite the looker, most of us spend our time driving rather than looking at it. I am willing to sacrifice on looks but not performance & handling.
Well put !

Old 07-28-2007, 04:30 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future

Ill take a cls55 amg any day over a standard 5er...ebay says they are going for 70 and less...which means one could be had for even less at auction with the right friends...

also...when you start driving cars that are designated for the TRACK more for the street...most of the street stuff seems pretty tame and one starts to look for other more important attributes to cars rather than just how much grip is generated around a skidpad or if It can tackle switchbacks with a this or that...so my responce was not as dumb as you may have been led to believe...just a bit more...aged

Last edited by sechsgang; 07-28-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Ill take a cls55 amg any day over a standard 5er...ebay says they are going for 70 and less...which means one could be had for even less at auction with the right friends...

also...when you start driving cars that are designated for the TRACK more for the street...most of the street stuff seems pretty tame and one starts to look for other more important attributes to cars rather than just how much grip is generated around a skidpad or if It can tackle switchbacks with a this or that...so my responce was not as dumb as you may have been led to believe...just a bit more...aged
No offense intended as maybe I should have selected another word, i.e. "dumb" on my part. In spite of this I stick by my assertion that BMWs feel more like a "whole" car than almost any M-B. I understand your track/street observations but I can feel at 10 miles per hour on up, just how a car behaves everywhere but at the limit. For a street car this is most important to me b/c it's where/how I spend my time. I'm sure the 550 with a sport package will trump a CLS 63 in all the things that matter to me except possibly looks. No knock on AMG Benzes but most I've tried have been great at acceleration and not to my taste elsewhere.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:56 AM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Comparing a CLS 55 AMG to a 550i w/sport is a pretty close comparison but to make it fair I would compare the CLS 55AMG to a new M5 ! I think we all know who the victor would be on that one ! MMMMMMMMMMMMM