BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

The New M3 is in TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Banned
*STATUS* is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jmoney
Here's the thing People act as if anything with an ///M is perfect. They are superior out of the box but lets review here.If the "M" cars start with the same chassis as the standard Non-M car and the factory does "Mods" and different tid bits here and there it's still just a Factory tuned car thats all it is. An E46 3 series with and "M" tune ie: Upgraded engine,tranny,suspenison ,visual appeal but in all reality it started as a Non-M and if the the M3 or any M car was true perfection they would never mod it but people do because it can be better then it already is and the same thing for a regular 3 series which is what an "M" is based on so thats my point.Just like why a theres a 3,M3,CSL M3, M3 GTR if the M cars didn't start with a non "M" chassis BMW then maybe people can claim a NON-M will never be an M or as good/better then an M.With that said if both cars were completly left BONE Stock then an M is superior which works for most because alot of people don't mod which is understanable. But to think a non M won't ever be better then a "M" once modded then thats just ignorant.

Anyway sorry for the thread jack OP..
haha except the 335i happen to get a better power plant this time around and yes i do apologize for the thread jack

Old 09-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Banned
*STATUS* is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
obv if you mod a car its a different story, but for the sake of the arguement, the way bmw makes the cars is they way they do because thats how they as engineers and a car company feel is the best setup for the general consumer...sure it can be better, thats why theres aftermarket, but from a stock to stock comparison, the M vs a 'reg' non m bmw is the better car. lets put it this way: if someone told you you had to take either a 335i coupe or an m3 coupe and you loved both cars but they said you could take one and not mod it whatsoever, which would you choose-THE M.
if it was an e46 i would take the m the new e92 i would stick 2 335i and then end up modding it cuz its now my car

Old 09-07-2007, 09:04 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by *STATUS*
if it was an e46 i would take the m the new e92 i would stick 2 335i and then end up modding it cuz its now my car
reading comprehension dude...

IF YOU HAD TO PICK EITHER A 335 OR M3 AND COULD NOT MOD!

which would you pick?

Old 09-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Gabriel will become famous soon enough
reading comprehension dude...

IF YOU HAD TO PICK EITHER A 335 OR M3 AND COULD NOT MOD!

which would you pick?
The faster and better looking no matter the badges and letters.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:18 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Gabriel
The faster and better looking no matter the badges and letters.
part of the scenario was that you love the looks of both equally...as is said in economic...caterus parabus (all things equal and for this scenario in terms of interior and exterior looks) which would you choose?

Last edited by PorscheC4; 09-07-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:23 PM
part of the scenario was that you love the looks of both equally...as is said in economic...caterus parabus (all things equal and for this scenario in terms of interior and exterior looks) which would you choose?
The better performer. Or if that is equal, the cheaper one...

Old 09-07-2007, 10:37 PM
The better performer. Or if that is equal, the cheaper one...
im not sure if you keep doing it on purpose (somewhat avoiding saying the M) but its def got me laughing a little.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:42 PM
one other thing of significance is that up until this point, e91-e93 bmws were prospective M3 and 335i coupe buyers cross shopping both cars. while an M is an M, and M really isnt an M by true standards anymore. plus with the huge tuning potential of the 335 (plus saying you have twin turbos is BAD ***!) you are going to see people interested in 'cheap' hp and by all means, its nice!

so now you have people cross shopping an m3 (70K) or a 335i (50K) and then hey youve got 20K to make up the ground (which isnt too too much anymore) to the m3.

with the e46 m3 and 330 it was different, you didnt have that huge potential from the 330, and the m3 was leagues ahead in performance catagories, but such is not the case anymore. personally, as ive said many times, im an M car advocate, but the 335i would be my choice over the new m3, over the e46, NO WAY.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:45 PM
im not sure if you keep doing it on purpose (somewhat avoiding saying the M) but its def got me laughing a little.
Haha. After one E36 M3, two E46's and an E39 M5 I am kinda let down by M-Technik and the direction they are following with their cars

Sure there was no comparison between the 330 and M3 in the past though. And the price to take the 330 to the same performance level as the M just made the M3 look like a bargain.

This time though, it's kind of different. Without having driven the E92 or seen complete tuning solutions for the 335 I believe that for the money the E92M will cost, the 335 will give it quite a run Plus I love the sound of the fed six cylinder. Kinda reminds me of two stroke bikes

Old 09-07-2007, 10:46 PM
one other thing of significance is that up until this point, e91-e93 bmws were prospective M3 and 335i coupe buyers cross shopping both cars. while an M is an M, and M really isnt an M by true standards anymore. plus with the huge tuning potential of the 335 (plus saying you have twin turbos is BAD ***!) you are going to see people interested in 'cheap' hp and by all means, its nice!

so now you have people cross shopping an m3 (70K) or a 335i (50K) and then hey youve got 20K to make up the ground (which isnt too too much anymore) to the m3.

with the e46 m3 and 330 it was different, you didnt have that huge potential from the 330, and the m3 was leagues ahead in performance catagories, but such is not the case anymore. personally, as ive said many times, im an M car advocate, but the 335i would be my choice over the new m3, over the e46, NO WAY.
Damn we typed the same things

Old 09-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Damn we typed the same things
great minds think alike.

i am also dissapointed in the M division with the m3 this time. i also like the I6 engine, which is part of what has defined the M3 all these years. After Porsche and ferrrari, bmw is def the next best engine makers...a bigger disp. I6 would have done just fine for the m3...and also, not an extra 250+ lbs. thats what really gets me..."we save weight at X,Y,Z. we used a carbon roof to cut down center of gravity and cut weight..." throw the car in some mud with the pigs, you wouldnt know the difference. its just about as ugly too. Porsche and Ferrari as 996TTdave said, are the only car makers still catering to a niche market.

i wont pay 70K for an M3 coupe...i wont pay 70K for an ugly car that isnt anything special anymore. BMW has screwed themselves because they have now entered a pricing territory where there are many more better choices, and are prob going to cannibalize some m3 sales with the great car the 335 is.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Haha. After one E36 M3, two E46's and an E39 M5 I am kinda let down by M-Technik and the direction they are following with their cars

Sure there was no comparison between the 330 and M3 in the past though. And the price to take the 330 to the same performance level as the M just made the M3 look like a bargain.

This time though, it's kind of different. Without having driven the E92 or seen complete tuning solutions for the 335 I believe that for the money the E92M will cost, the 335 will give it quite a run Plus I love the sound of the fed six cylinder. Kinda reminds me of two stroke bikes
i did say it first tho.... LOL

Old 09-08-2007, 08:49 AM
motrsportM3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jmoney
Your exactly right but I'm not going to say the M3 is sooo much better that the 335 can never be as good or better then an M3 look most "M" owners do I loved my M and I love my 335 thats just me. I don't automatically assume that because it's missing an "M" on the *** that the car is below it like say a Lexus is Below a Bentley cause thats what I keep getting from alot of "M" Owners thats all.

I absolutely agree, I think the 335i is a wonderful car, but unfortunately alot of clowns (not you) are posting crap, and here in O-town, when im in the M5....I always get "with a chip I can keep up with your 100k M5" and "why would I buy an M3 when a MODDED 335i can smoke it?" and personally im tired of this because all those people (here at least) came right out of Subbys into the 335i and now they talk ish..........about M cars. It just doesnt make sense.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:54 AM
motrsportM3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by *STATUS*
haha except the 335i happen to get a better power plant this time around and yes i do apologize for the thread jack

OMG................better power plant...are you kidding...........define "better".

I would love to see an educated argument backing this up........

Old 09-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by motrsportM3
OMG................better power plant...are you kidding...........define "better".

I would love to see an educated argument backing this up........
while the 335 is a great engine...theyre two completely different engines...one a twin turbo I6...the other is a race bred motor with an 8400 rpm redline and a flat tq curve.

status-are you aware of all the overheating issues the 335s have been having-one guy at the last bimmer meet i was at said bmw is giving hima brand new 335i coupe because the one he has now is totally f*cked.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The New M3 is in TROUBLE