40HP Gain? Sign Up for Proven Horsepower.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
40HP Gain? Sign Up for Proven Horsepower.

The Porsche 987's Boxster and Cayman platform is a great all around car for the street or track. Its mid engine provides great weight distribution for a well balanced vehicle. Vivid Racing's Stage 1 kit is designed to improve the vehicles power band from increased torque to stronger pull on the top end RPM range. In addition, you will notice quicker throttle response from the improved air flow and ECU changes.

Our Stage 1 kit consists of the Softronic ECU Flash inconjunction with their popular Softronic Racing Plenum. The plenum uses a larger throttle body to direct more air into the normal aspirated engine. With the specific tune that Softronic does for this plenum, you will gain a real and proven 25 wheel horsepower. With a 15% drivetrain loss, that takes your Cayman's power level up substantially. The Softronic Racing Plenum uses factory Porsche parts to guarantee you an OEM look, fit, and finish with no troubles or false claims. The Softronic ECU Flash is done via the OBDII port with the provided Durametric cable. The Durametric cable also allows you to clear trouble codes, data log your vehicle, and more, see www.durametric.com for more info. The process to do the ECU flash is about 30 minutes to download your existing file and then 30 minutes to upload the new Tuned file. The Softronic ECU Flash will alter your fuel and timing maps to provide you a overall improved driving characteristics. With Softronic, you can always reload your stock file if need be. See all the rave reviews on this product at www.planetporsche.net.

Stage 1 Includes -
  • Softronic Racing Plenum
  • Larger Throttle Body
  • Durametric Flash Cable
  • Softronic Custom Tuned ECU Flash
$1799 Shipped Worldwide.
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/v...n-p-54036.html

With the use of the Softronic Racing Plenum and custom tuned ECU flash to gain 25 wheel horsepower as seen in Stage 1, we up the power of this Stage 2 kit using the Agency Power exhaust system and K&N high flow intake filter. The Softronic ECU flash is designed to take advantage of the increased air flow as provided with the larger throttle body and plenum installed. Once you have increased the intake airflow, you need to free up the exhaust system with the proper amount of back pressure retained. The Agency Power exhaust system is all T304 stainless steel designed to eliminate your secondary catalytic converters and save alot of weight reduced off the rear end. The precision tuned muffler gives the car an excellent race tone without droning in the cabin. With additional of the high flow K&N air filter, this Stage 2 kit touches an impressive 40 wheel horsepower. With a 15% drivetrain loss, your Cayman is at another level.

View Product Details - $2995 Shipped
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/v...n-p-54245.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NVsR...layer_embedded

Old 06-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
You mention proven horsepower for your product offering so is it possible to see the baseline dyno and the dyno for each product as it was added so we can evaluate the gains that come from each product and how they work together as added to the baseline car.

Your promotion looks a lot like the one being offered by another company at another website. The only difference in promotions seems to be the price and the exhaust being offered. The other exhaust seems to be a China factory built product and cheaper than yours, is your exhaust from China too and is it any better than the cheaper NHP exhaust being offered in the cheaper priced promotion.

Last edited by Slowcart; 06-05-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Slowcart, I am not familiar with the exhaust you are talking about. However on the Agency Power system, we build all the prototypes here in Arizona, we do the testing to produce power, good sound, and then ship off our final article overseas to have produced at a lesser cost like many manufactured products. Saying "China" is pretty general as there are many places that do production. Having been in this business for 8 years now, I have seen many US made systems or even Italian made systems and the quality of product produced we get is far superior.

The horsepower claims have been proven time after time by many users. I suggest doing a search on www.planetporsche.com where a majority of the Cayman owners hang out.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Former Vendor
Slowcart - can you also explain why most all of your posts have to do with IPD or commenting on Softronic? Do you have a grudge? Do you own a Cayman?

Old 06-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
I want to make my question to you as simple as possible.

Do you have a dyno for your offshore produced exhaust and if you do can you post that dyno here at 6speed?

I believe you must have several exhaust dynos because you mention proven horsepower in your first post and in your second post you state that you did testing in Arizona before sending the exhaust off to China for production. It seems like you like to point out cheaper pricing as a benift of offshore production but I don't see where you mentioned the dyno testing of the production exhausts units. Your prototype exhaust unit could be much better than the production exhausts from offshore and again a dyno would clear up any questions about proven horsepower as you say.

I would like you to post your exhaust dynos here at 6speed and please do not send me and other 6speeders off to a competing website. I don't think the administration or moderators of 6speed would like you or anyone else stealing website traffic and beside that mistake on your part, I like 6speed don't you?

Last edited by Slowcart; 06-08-2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Former Vendor
Slowcart, your to hostile, I nor anyone needs that. As far as sending you off to a competing website, I am not, there are reviews about this package there that are not here. I am not recommending you sign up for any site.

Our indepth website is easy to use and you can find any information you need. If you want to see the dyno chart on the Agency Power exhaust, it is located here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...7-p-45767.html

If you want to discuss anything here like a kind person, please contact me, otherwise do not post any more hostile reponses.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:12 PM
GOT DYNOS? -----Opps too hostile

Last edited by Slowcart; 06-08-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:53 AM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !
I will make this real simple are you connected to in ANY way to IPD or Softronic meaning if you have a relative in the business that is a connection ....ANYTHING!

I will ask a bit different then one of our sponsors Why do you have a grudge?

Originally Posted by Slowcart
GOT DYNOS? -----Opps too hostile

Old 06-09-2009, 08:58 AM
HIBoxster is on a distinguished road
Will this work for the 2005 987s with the 3.2l engine?

Old 06-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor
HIBoxster - yes this works on all 987 Cayman or Boxster including the 3.2L. Let me know if you have any questions.

Agency Power exhaust dyno sheet is on the link provided above.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor
HiBoxster - actually it will not work on that year, but we can do a reflash, exhaust, and filter.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by IB Tim
I will make this real simple are you connected to in ANY way to IPD or Softronic meaning if you have a relative in the business that is a connection ....ANYTHING!

I will ask a bit different then one of our sponsors Why do you have a grudge?

Tim,

A "real simple" question deserves a real simple answer --- NO.

I also have no axe to grind and I do not hold any "grudge".

I only asked for a series of dynos to show proof of the claimed "proven horsepower". I only wanted to see how each mod worked with each other to get a grand total of the claimed 40 horsepower.

I was really only hoping to see dynos, I did not expect the sponsor to attack me and call me hostile because I asked for dynos results of testing that is claimed to already have been done.

If asking a sponsor to show proof of their claims that a product is producing horsepower makes a 6speed member "hostile" then we have a ton of "hostile" 6speeders on this site or maybe they just want proof not a defensive diversion.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Former Vendor
nobody attacked you and if you would read the thread, the link to the exhaust has been posted twice which has the dyno chart on it.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Quick question. Which grade of 304 are you using?

Thanks,

Old 06-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Former Vendor
Alan - do you have an exhaust on your 996 C2? We make a really nice system including headers for that one as well. I actually run our headers on my 997TT as well. They are impecable quality. All the 304 stainless is 16gauge.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 40HP Gain? Sign Up for Proven Horsepower.