Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valentine One Placement in Boxster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 05:47 PM
jex
jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !jex Is a GOD !
Valentine One Placement in Boxster

Hey guys, as we all know ... Big Brother (a.k.a. LAPD, CHP, LASD, etc.) is Watching. I recently bought a Valentine One for my Boxster and am going to have it hardwired in to a switched circuit. Those of you who also use the V1, where do you have the most luck placing the unit? I'm worried that next to/above the rearview mirror won't allow the line of sight for the rear-facing laser receptor. Does the shaded band at the top of the windshield adversely impact reception? Does the windscreen glass have any effect on the unit's performance? I know that California prohibits any suction cups on the windshield but I'm long over trying to toe every ridiculous line that our oppressive state government forces on us.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:16 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Smile

Originally Posted by jex
Hey guys, as we all know ... Big Brother (a.k.a. LAPD, CHP, LASD, etc.) is Watching. I recently bought a Valentine One for my Boxster and am going to have it hardwired in to a switched circuit. Those of you who also use the V1, where do you have the most luck placing the unit? I'm worried that next to/above the rearview mirror won't allow the line of sight for the rear-facing laser receptor. Does the shaded band at the top of the windshield adversely impact reception? Does the windscreen glass have any effect on the unit's performance? I know that California prohibits any suction cups on the windshield but I'm long over trying to toe every ridiculous line that our oppressive state government forces on us.
Sorry to hear about the CA law and the suction cups. To my knowledge, we don't have that yet, in Seattle. Well, if we do, I'm oblivious! Either way, I have mine suction cupped right next the the rear view mirror. It doesn't seem to interfere with anything. I've seen other boxsters put theirs more towards the driver's side upper corner of the window, but personally, I have had no issues with it being by the rear view mirror. As far as the suction cup thing, well, just tint out your windows and keep a paper towel handy! LOL!

Old 10-21-2007, 07:01 PM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
where do you have the most luck placing the unit
Ya know, here is where I get crucified, but oh well. I laugh that you are actually correct about the "luck" statement and with the V1. Because it is luck. What is the rear receptor going to tell you? That you just got a ticket from behind? same with the front. Look into the new Calibre K40 system with the new ultra slim designed Laser diffusers. And also no more suction cups, it is a stealth mount.

The best thing is you can drive with confidence that your **** isn't going to get radiated and ticketed. V1 is way overrated.... When I was in the retail business and actually compared everything out there in real world driving, the V1 was just dumb, that POS went off at everything, gas stations, drug stores, super markets, and occasionally the cop that drives with a radar unit on in his vehicle all the time. Laser? LMAO it never went off for a warning though johnny law was there pointing the laser gun...

The bell was better than the V1, but the K-40 seemed more realistic, and with the front and rear laser diffusers you are even more in command and can re-assure yourself. Also the local cops here have a hard time picking up the dark colored Porsche Sports Cars here with the LAser guns, which are about 1 year or so old. Trust me, i had to try everything to make sure what I rely on everyday works as intended and is not hype, or BS marketing like the Rocky Mountain crap. Also if we were selling them, i wanted to ensure that I would not ruin my reputation with putting my ***** on the line with false hope in the K-40

The K-40 unit which was recently upgraded with the new lasers in my vehicle has paid for itself so many times over. Last week i was driving a SL65 well over 90mph where i didn't see the cop in the median because i was in a left turn (road splits) nor did i hear anything because I had the top down, and the music cranked, but when i did look at the cluster and seen the blue LEDS going insane, I was like I am done, then i seen the cops face... and Knew I was saved... I kissed the laser defuser when I got back... Thanks K40

Sorry, I just read way into your statement and started babbling, I am worried that the Indians are going to lose and i am refraining from watching the game

Old 10-21-2007, 09:38 PM
squid is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had my V1 on sucky cups in the middle of the windshield for three cars now and I've never been bothered.

BTW JBONDOx rear-radar is very important to have in CA because we have anti-speedtrap legislation, so the primary way cops get you is by driving in traffic with their radar guns hard-wired to the car. Without rear radar you'd never be able to pick out a Chippie from 6 lanes of cars behind you.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:47 PM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
Very important here also, especially the laser diffusers, these sneaky basturds like to hide on the on ramps to freeways plus the inner city boys like to pull you for anything, and drive with their radar units on, Middleburg Heights Ohio is a great example for the people in our area that know.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Originally Posted by JBONDOx
Ya know, here is where I get crucified, but oh well. I laugh that you are actually correct about the "luck" statement and with the V1. Because it is luck. What is the rear receptor going to tell you? That you just got a ticket from behind? same with the front. Look into the new Calibre K40 system with the new ultra slim designed Laser diffusers. And also no more suction cups, it is a stealth mount.
I'll have to check that one out.