Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Relocating the A/C controls?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 02:06 AM
Sendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to all
Relocating the A/C controls?

I have 90% decided to replace my stock headunit with an AVIC-D3 nav setup. After having the stero installed by Paris Audio I've done some other changes myself (first an Empeg, now an aux input). I'm comfortable insatalling the D3. The only concern i have is moving the A/c controls from their current location at the top of the stack and placing them in the top slot in the 'cubby' locations.

Are the factory wires long enough to just move the controller? If not, any ideas on where to get a wiring extension?

Old 01-27-2009, 07:29 AM
fishage is on a distinguished road
That's where mine has always been, so you should be all set. I'm actually thinking of doing the reverse and moving it up.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
I know a lot of people doing this, and haven't heard of any problems.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

They are correct, it can be relocated without a problem. There is an extra little trim frame that you will need, about a $5. part. But that's it. If you need one, visit our site for details.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 03-02-2009, 07:04 AM
ofishbein is on a distinguished road
I got the trim piece from Suncoast and did mine when I installed a GT3 console delete. Not really hard, but it's kind tricky threading the wires - and especially the connector - up through the bracing. Try to enlist some help from someone with very small hands.