Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Body control unit resetting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 12:56 PM
davetherave is on a distinguished road
Body control unit resetting

Hi

I have a couple electrical problem with a 2007 Anarge, one of which I already posted about regarding the steering height adjustment. I think I found the switch but it does nothing.

Secondly the driver seat adjustment controls or not working, the passengers is working.

This is my first experience with a Bentley, so I am trying to build some knowledge about them but it seems there is nothing online. All previous common cars I have experience with, I have always fixed small niggly faults simply by reading on forums.

It seems Bentley owners do no play around with any faults, and pay dealerships ridiculous money to fix minor things. I can understand, generally if you own a Bentley you do not need to find out how to manually repair minor faults on the cheap so to speak.

I spoke to a local friendly garage who has a lot of of classic and executive cars go through his door, I explained the whole situation and he mentioned the possibility of resetting the body control unit.

I have searched about the body control unit, but cant find any information. Is it called something else?

Thanks

Old 09-04-2015, 01:38 PM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
What diagnostic equipment do you have? (e.g. VAS 5054A)

Old 09-11-2015, 04:15 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
firstly check the fuses, there are some on the left and right footwells and some in the trunk, then easy to remove switch panel and reverse passenger to drivers connectors to start eliminating parts. have you tried initialising seats ...press memory 5 times and then 4334, if i remember right, this will also effect steering column movement and mirrors.