Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Politics of Extended Warranty (Cross Border)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 07:01 PM
atr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud of
Politics of Extended Warranty (Cross Border)

So I'm interested in others experiences extending or making use of an existing porsche extended warranty on a car that was originally purchased in another country.

I spoke with the dealer here in Ontario Canada and he told me that extended warranties issued in the US on US cars were only good for the original purchaser and they wouldn't honour it here in Canada.

He went on to tell me that US cars cannot be CPO'd or get extended warranties from a canadian dealership.

I relise the politics involved in cross border shopping especially since car prices are so much lower down there but I can't see why PCNA (NORTH AMERICA, not Canada and USA separately) would have an issue with this. Warranty is warranty, right?

I am currently looking at 2 US vehicles that have been imported to Canada. One has a CPO from a US dealer and is officially owned by a leasing company. This car will (according to the dealer) maintain it's CPO status as long as I assume the lease (so the ownership doesn't really change hands).

The other car does not have an extended warranty but I'd like to put one on. Does anyone know if this is possible?

RAWR, politics of this are silly...