Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear Engine Cover on my CS (pics!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 09:27 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by heyitzalex
Wow, that looks awesome. need to do this to my CS when I get it...love that GT3 front end too.
2 of the best mods on the Cayman in mind opinion

Old 08-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Jose Aponte is infamous around these parts
Pearl,

Wow! looks awesome!!!.
One question..., would you say that the clear cover has more clearance from motor than the stock piece?

Thanks,Jose

Old 08-04-2010, 07:08 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jose Aponte
Pearl,

Wow! looks awesome!!!.
One question..., would you say that the clear cover has more clearance from motor than the stock piece?

Thanks,Jose
No way Jose!! (sorry, couldnt resist)

I think the clear cover sits a little lower and closer to the motor than the stock peices. It is also flat all the way across and i think the factory piece has more of a "dome" shape to it. I could be wrong but that is the way it looks to me.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:11 AM
juancooldude is infamous around these parts
Looks cool!

Old 08-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by juancooldude
Looks cool!
Thanks Dude

Old 08-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Myclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the rough
beautiful!

Old 08-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Grantsfo is infamous around these parts
Anyone doing this want to sell stock aluminum cover to me? I need one for my Boxster race car. PM me is you want to sell yours.

Old 08-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
That's a really cool mod, being able to see the engine is a real plus, and there seems to be no real downside to speak of. Great looking car.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Porsche323
That's a really cool mod, being able to see the engine is a real plus, and there seems to be no real downside to speak of. Great looking car.
Thanks!!! Caymans should come this way from the factory --- i bet theyd sell a lot more

Old 08-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Nice mod pearlcoupe! I have seen a few of the HIP clear covers installed but yours is extremely well done!

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 08-17-2010, 01:39 AM
jeff3wai is infamous around these parts
that's sick

Old 08-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Halfbreeded is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Very nice saw this in person last time you were at Porsche of the Main Line!! Such a great looking Cayman!!

Old 08-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Halfbreeded
Very nice saw this in person last time you were at Porsche of the Main Line!! Such a great looking Cayman!!
really?! awesome man - thanks. I work in downingtown and havent seen a white cayman around (yet). Ill keep an eye out.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Halfbreeded is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
really?! awesome man - thanks. I work in downingtown and havent seen a white cayman around (yet). Ill keep an eye out.
I got it couple weeks ago so i'm sure you'll see me around!

If you can tell where these pictures are taken that is where I live.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-cayman-s.html

Old 09-02-2010, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by Halfbreeded
I got it couple weeks ago so i'm sure you'll see me around!

If you can tell where these pictures are taken that is where I live.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-cayman-s.html
.....that is great. I have checked out that R32 so many times. Very nice upgrade man. I eat there all the time. My office is just up 322 from there.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Engine Cover on my CS (pics!)