Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear Engine Cover on my CS (pics!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 09:53 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Clear Engine Cover on my CS (pics!)

Not sure if i posted all of these so i thought id create a thread...

Installed the HIP Design clear cover on my Cayman S a few months ago and i love it!!! Also did a little custom painting on the motor to make it pretty to look at ...and even some lights for night time (i rarely turn these on but they are cool to have when showing people the cover).

Presidential Details in Manheim, PA did the work. They are TOP NOTCH too - highly recomend.

begining the project...

placing the cover over the motor

Finished Product!!!

And here is the rest of the car

Last edited by pearlcoupeg35; 07-16-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Dayhum......that is schweeeet!

Nice mod!

Old 07-16-2010, 11:02 AM
HassaanAbdeen is infamous around these parts
I always fancied clear covers and your use of lights along with the paint job is outstanding!!!

Mashallah... CONGRATULATIONS !

You should have the lights turn on automatically with the headlights

Old 07-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Former Vendor
Gary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond repute
That cover cures my one dislike of the Cayman, not being able to see the engine. How's the fit and function?

Old 07-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Atob is infamous around these parts
very, very nice!

Old 07-16-2010, 02:30 PM
syaero is infamous around these parts
Very nice! The first i've seen. Well done! How's the interior noise factor compare with before?

Old 07-16-2010, 05:23 PM
kaotic504 has a spectacular aura aboutkaotic504 has a spectacular aura aboutkaotic504 has a spectacular aura about
sweet mod! i really like it. how do the lights kick on?

Old 07-16-2010, 05:24 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HassaanAbdeen
I always fancied clear covers and your use of lights along with the paint job is outstanding!!!

Mashallah... CONGRATULATIONS !

You should have the lights turn on automatically with the headlights
I actually did one better ....i have a toggle switch that can turn the lights on and off anytime i want. Even when the car is off. Nice show showing people in the garage - and nice to switch off driving home late at night so i dont attract too much attention. the switch is hidden under the ebrake lever.

Originally Posted by Gary@G Rides
That cover cures my one dislike of the Cayman, not being able to see the engine. How's the fit and function?
The fit and function is OEM like. Seriously. No complaints at all with the fit n finish, fitment, and looks.

Originally Posted by Atob
very, very nice!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by syaero
Very nice! The first i've seen. Well done! How's the interior noise factor compare with before?
Oh its definately noiser inside - and hotter too - but i LOVE hearing the motor right behind me and the heat isnt THAT bad - especially since i dont drive the car daily.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:19 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
john, it looks absolutely awesome in the pictures, something i have yet to see on a cayman...im sure it looks even better in person

Old 07-16-2010, 09:29 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
wow..that turns out very nice..Kudos to you

Old 07-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by slavik
john, it looks absolutely awesome in the pictures, something i have yet to see on a cayman...im sure it looks even better in person
Originally Posted by MkC2
wow..that turns out very nice..Kudos to you
Thanks a lot guys. It really does look cool and when people see it they freak out! the combo of that + GT3 front end really makes this one special Cayman in my opinion. Now time for wheels, a drop, and a nice loud exhaust

Old 07-19-2010, 08:10 PM
10SPLAYER is infamous around these parts
That is awesome! Great job on the lighting and custom paint too.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:10 PM
essayons is infamous around these parts
looks great... I thought clear hoods were pretty sweet about 10 years ago.

this looks a lot better now, though. Great job

Old 07-20-2010, 05:20 AM
wontonjon is infamous around these parts
normally, "adding lights" aren't what i consider tasteful mods - but in this case, i think it was tastefully done and adds a kind of exotic flavor to the car...beautiful - can't wait to see what it's like when you add everything else together....

what material is the cover made of? wonder if there is anything that would contain heat better but be clear....

Old 07-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by 10SPLAYER
That is awesome! Great job on the lighting and custom paint too.
Thanks! Presidential did all the work..pm if you want their info.

Originally Posted by essayons
looks great... I thought clear hoods were pretty sweet about 10 years ago.

this looks a lot better now, though. Great job
Thanks dude

Originally Posted by wontonjon
normally, "adding lights" aren't what i consider tasteful mods - but in this case, i think it was tastefully done and adds a kind of exotic flavor to the car...beautiful - can't wait to see what it's like when you add everything else together....

what material is the cover made of? wonder if there is anything that would contain heat better but be clear....
Yea exactly. The lights look cool - i dont turn them on much but nice to know they are there. Just the clear cover + painted motor is cool enough for me.

I dont know exactly what the cover is made of - but try looking up HIP Design (they make the cover) and contact them for more info.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Engine Cover on my CS (pics!)