Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To Oil change or not to Oil change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 11:10 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
To Oil change or not to Oil change

Im driving the cayman S from LA to Vegas in 2 weeks. I'm due for an oil change in about 1000 miles...

question: should I change oil now?

or wait till I get back?

thx

Old 09-01-2010, 12:20 AM
chaud is on a distinguished road
Hmmm, seeing as your round trip driving distance (excluding miles around town in vegas) will probably be around 600 miles or less, then you'd still be well under your 1000 mile mark...

With that in mind, you could still have quite a bit of room left if you want to follow intervals precisely... Couldn't hurt to change it early either.. You could go either way!

I'd probably just make the trip, then come back and change it, and have some fresh oil in there from after the long haul trip...

Old 09-01-2010, 01:49 AM
tradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond repute
Sensible answer would be after....clean that desert residue out when you get back