Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed Race exhaust for Cayman/Boxster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tawheed
Alex,

I ordered and installed this system earlier this month, unfortunately the car is still in storage so as soon as the snow melts I'll be enjoying it!

Thanks
Sounds good and hopefully the warm weather comes soon. Everyone is excited to enjoy their toys again.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rob76turbo
Scott,

Can you post a video, letting us hear the monster roar? I still want to get the angriest, most pissed-off sound for my CS and figure this is it.
Any post under heavy acceleration would be helpful!
Here is my System ,pretty loud as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnT_pmqfjUA
AND
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2FftCUg9iw

Last edited by Fluid987; 03-30-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:23 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
just to give credit where credit is due --- after looking at this thread a few times i pulled the trigger on the race system. New thread/pics/video to come

Old 04-11-2011, 01:09 AM
tawheed is on a distinguished road
I installed mine over the winter and finally had the car out yesterday.. In a word - "WOW"

I love this thing so, so much.. It sounds effing ridiculous and I can't wipe the smile off my face.. Exactly what I've been looking for!

Old 04-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
tawheed/pearlcoupeg35

Originally Posted by tawheed
I installed mine over the winter and finally had the car out yesterday.. In a word - "WOW"

I love this thing so, so much.. It sounds effing ridiculous and I can't wipe the smile off my face.. Exactly what I've been looking for!

WOW !! too cool You and pearlcoupeg35 are lucky dogs!!
you guys doing the Race Exhaust with headers or solo?

I am trying to sell my Remus to get one of these as well ,Please post a sound clip/Video if you can ..AWSOME!!

Old 04-11-2011, 10:47 AM
tawheed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Porschepet
WOW !! too cool You and pearlcoupeg35 are lucky dogs!!
you guys doing the Race Exhaust with headers or solo?

I am trying to sell my Remus to get one of these as well ,Please post a sound clip/Video if you can ..AWSOME!!
I did the race system, stock headers.. mine is a 986S.. I'll try and do a quick video tonight if the weather continues to cooperate..

It sounds really growly and barky and low revs and the higher you get into the rpms it starts to scream.. My favourite is off the throttle it coughs and spits like a race car does..

Old 04-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hey Guys, I promised to put a video up of the Race system when we get one done, so we just did one a few days ago on a 987.2 Spyder. The car sounds evil and loud but the customer loves it and thats what matters. PM me if you have any questions or if your interested and I will offer a nice member discount on the system. Check Fabspeed.com for pricing.

987.2 Race Exhaust Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvjzW2klbyU

Old 04-12-2011, 07:02 PM
harryrcb will become famous soon enough
So what are the real world number from your dyno test?

Old 04-12-2011, 07:16 PM
PorscheAzzurri is on a distinguished road
This exhaust sounds great!! Any one have a gt3 killin 987.2 with this exhaust as part of the recipe?

Old 04-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Former Vendor
Hey Guys, we just dyno tested the Race system on a 2011 987.2 Spyder so I will post results on Monday but it made some HP through the RPM range. Have a great weekend.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:51 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
That sounbs bad ***! Would be perfect with a switchable cutout!

Old 04-23-2011, 10:28 PM
dvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to behold
How does Fabspeed Race compare to the Hergesheimer motorsports exhaust and capristo on the open setting in terms of loudness?

Old 05-25-2011, 03:25 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dvpouldar26
How does Fabspeed Race compare to the Hergesheimer motorsports exhaust and capristo on the open setting in terms of loudness?
Never heard the first one you mentioned - but compared to Capristo i would say its just about the same - if not a TAD louder - but its always loud (no "off" button)