Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way to get Boxster off the line?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 07:19 AM
harryrcb will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by DavidM

Sounds like you want to give Softronic a look

Sounds like a good product ... but my car is still under warranty so I don't think I'll be changing too much on it. I just need to get used to the differences and adjust ... just like any other car.
-[/code]
If you purchase this from Softronic you get the cable to install the software yourself, when you need to take in for service you reinstall the stock software with the same cable and no one will be the wiser.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:59 AM
DavidM is on a distinguished road
...deleting a "clutch delay switch"

OK, so I followed the instructions in the link/thread provided and tried it out tonight. All I can say is WOW!! The car (at take off) has been transformed. It can now pull itself forward without any throttle when you release the clutch (smoothly). And it feels like I have some reasonable power at idle. The car gets off the line much, much easier ... and much more in line with my original expectations.

Even when moving - the gear changes now are as smooth, or as rough as the driver (ie. me) makes them ... so much more enjoyable to drive now. And it's not like I was not enjoying the car before, but now it's a much better / unfiltered experience.

I'll have to put the G'tech on the car now and see what difference this makes to off-idle launches.

ps. Thanks so much for pointing me in this direction.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:48 AM
Trembler is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DavidM
...deleting a "clutch delay switch"

OK, so I followed the instructions in the link/thread provided and tried it out tonight. All I can say is WOW!! The car (at take off) has been transformed. It can now pull itself forward without any throttle when you release the clutch (smoothly). And it feels like I have some reasonable power at idle. The car gets off the line much, much easier ... and much more in line with my original expectations.

Even when moving - the gear changes now are as smooth, or as rough as the driver (ie. me) makes them ... so much more enjoyable to drive now. And it's not like I was not enjoying the car before, but now it's a much better experience.
I had the exact same experience. As a bonus this 'mod' is easily reversible. I'm glad you found the thread informative.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:12 AM
DavidM is on a distinguished road
OK, put a G'tech on the Boxster and with the clutch delay switch disabled I shaved almost 1/2sec of the 0-100kph and 400m times. ie.

-0-60mph = 4.96sec
-0-100kph = 5.21sec
-400m = 13.31sec @ 170kph

Car seems to have a lot more power then you let the clutch out now.

ps. all times with 1" roll-out.

Last edited by DavidM; 03-07-2011 at 03:41 AM.