Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ugh, someone keyed my windshield

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 01:58 PM
switchface will become famous soon enough
Angry Ugh, someone keyed my windshield

So irritated and just disappointed. I've had the flu for 3 days, finally leave the house and it looks like someone tagged it right in my line of sight. I don't even think a key would do that so who knows what they used.

Anyone know the proper way to handle this? Will insurance (Geico) cover it? Do I have to pay my deductible (which is $1000)?

What a ******* move...makes me hesitant to mod the car further if people can't be trusted.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Ruby13 is on a distinguished road
Some people are just assh-les! Can't stand that people have nice cars. As for glass coverage there is no deductible at least not on my Geico policy. A scratch won't necessarily mean a replacement but in your sight line might. They now have methods to fix small scratches in place but that will also be up to Geico,
Good luck.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Man that's weak. You know that person really had an issue and wanted you to see that crap the entire time you drive the car. At least with a keyed door you only have to see it when getting in and out until it gets fixed.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:59 PM
harryrcb will become famous soon enough
Did you just recently breakup with a girlfriend? I know it's not funny and I feel for you not to mention it realy sucks. Insurance should cover it under comprehensive not collision so it shouldn't cost you anything as someone allready mentioned. Good luck with the ins. co and mayby you want to find a garage to park your car in?!

Old 02-26-2011, 06:56 PM
tskeen is on a distinguished road
Some people just can't stand for someone to have something better than them...can it be pollished or buffed out?

Old 02-26-2011, 10:44 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
better to replace the glass than repaint the car. better get a cover or park somewhere else. this guy may be back..

Old 02-26-2011, 11:11 PM
crackberry005 will become famous soon enough
dude, im sorry. so many a holes in this world. no worries tho. karma is a beach, and she will f'k that person over 3+ folds. do you mind telling us where it happened?

Last edited by crackberry005; 02-26-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:33 AM
kpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond repute
That's a bummer. If you have glass coverage though, I'm pretty sure you could raise a stink until they agree to pay for a new windshield.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Not sure if/how it can be polished out. It doesn't seem too deep, but I'm thinking it would show a haze or something when the sun hit it. I dunno.

It happened in PB; I'd assume while she was parked in my assigned spot. My neighbor has an e93 m3 that's blacked out and slammed on kv3s and he's never had issues.

I guess I'm 'lucky' it wasn't the paint, but yeah, what if the person does something else? Frustrating. Karma is a *****; I feel bad for the person knowing they will never feel the same appreciation that we all have for our rides. Their loss.

Not sure if I have glass coverage, but I'm going to contact Geico and see if they'll replace it. Dealer said it'll be around $1100 to replace properly.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Gasmask is on a distinguished road
That sucks! I don't understand how anybody would willingly ruin someone's pride and joy. Did anything apart from the glass get damaged? $1,100 to replace a windshield seems steep.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:35 PM
No, just the glass...its not deep but right in my line of sight. Seems a shame to have to replace the whole windshield for something so stupid, but it's driving me nuts just looking at it.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:48 PM
ChrisMT79 is on a distinguished road
If you have the "windshield" coverage you should be able to get it replaced for just the deductible. I believe my replacement deductible is $50.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:26 PM
phoenix1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by djantlive
better to replace the glass than repaint the car. better get a cover or park somewhere else. this guy may be back..

this, replacing the glass doesn't devalue your car, having to respray it does. sucks it happened but for sure better then repainting a car.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Flat_society is on a distinguished road
Call Safelight auto and they "may" be able to fill the cut.