Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered a Peridot Cayman S today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 01:35 PM
saeyedoc will become famous soon enoughsaeyedoc will become famous soon enough
Ordered a Peridot Cayman S today

Got a May build date, should be here sometime in June. It's weird that you can order an S with Peridot, but not an R anymore. I think it will look really good with black wheels and interior and the side stripes. Will probably remove the model designation when I get it. Will be 1 of 2 cars here in this color, the other is an R. Considered the R, but I think this will be more practical for me as a DD.

2012 Cayman S
Peridot Metallic
Black Standard Leather
Side Stripes with Model Designation
18' Cayman S II Wheel Painted Black
PDK
Sport Chrono Plus
LSD
Infotainment with BOSE
Convenience Package
Heated and Ventilated Seats
Sport Design steering wheel with paddle shifters

Came in $65 under the max MSRP that can be used to calculate residual on a lease.
Thanks for everyone's help with my decisions.

Last edited by saeyedoc; 03-19-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
Congratulations! Make sure you post pictures when you get it.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:01 PM
EvoRoadster is on a distinguished road
Actually thats if you get it. Last week I saw a bulletin posted to the dealer-only website specifically stating that color 07L, Peridot metallic, is a Cayman R only color. You really won't know if your color choice will go through until the order locks in with Porsche. Either way, good luck. I do hope you get what you want.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by EvoRoadster
Actually thats if you get it. Last week I saw a bulletin posted to the dealer-only website specifically stating that color 07L, Peridot metallic, is a Cayman R only color. You really won't know if your color choice will go through until the order locks in with Porsche. Either way, good luck. I do hope you get what you want.
It was strange, the Peridot was not available for the Cayman R on the dealer's configurator. It was for the S, had a pop-up stating only available until 7/15 I think.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:00 AM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by saeyedoc
Got a May build date, should be here sometime in June. It's weird that you can order an S with Peridot, but not an R anymore. I think it will look really good with black wheels and interior and the side stripes. Will probably remove the model designation when I get it. Will be 1 of 2 cars here in this color, the other is an R. Considered the R, but I think this will be more practical for me as a DD.

2012 Cayman S
Peridot Metallic
Black Standard Leather
Side Stripes with Model Designation
18' Cayman S II Wheel Painted Black
PDK
Sport Chrono Plus
LSD
Infotainment with BOSE
Convenience Package
Heated and Ventilated Seats
Sport Design steering wheel with paddle shifters

Came in $65 under the max MSRP that can be used to calculate residual on a lease.
Thanks for everyone's help with my decisions.
NICE Build....cant wait to see sum pix

Old 03-22-2011, 06:19 AM
Swapped the black wheels and stripe for the design package, same price, includes 19" black spider wheels, black mirrors and other trim pieces.
Hopefully I'll find out soon if the order was accepted. Peridot showed up on the public site yesterday, but the design pack was there, but unselectable. Someone on another site now says Peridot is off the S again, still on the R.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by EvoRoadster
Got an email from the dealer that my order is in MFGCNF status, looks like I will get Peridot with the Design package. The online configurator is still not allowing you to select the design package, but looks like mine went through. The waiting begins....

Old 03-26-2011, 04:16 PM
tskeen is on a distinguished road
I think your combo rocks. Can't wat to see pics. I don't envy your wait though. I do believe it would kill me.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:37 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Pretty strange. I guess Porsche doesnt' want to give away Metalliac paint? If that's the case they should not remove the free option and just charge you for it. I wouldn't expect anything less from the most profitable car company.