Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member question about 987 Boxster trunk temperature.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Mike D. is on a distinguished road
Question New member question about 987 Boxster trunk temperature.

Hi, I'm a new member here. I have been on Porsche Pete's for a decade, but it looks like that board has all but died. Anyhow, I have to make a 3.5-hour trip later this week with a large cake, and I am wondering if anyone has measured the temps in the rear trunk. My old 986 Boxster S got really hot back there, but I haven't noticed this new one (base 987 Boxster) getting as hot. I also haven't taken it on any long trips yet. My alternative for the trip is not bad (335i), but I'd rather drive the Boxster! Has anyone measured trunk temps?

Old 06-07-2011, 02:24 AM
nismo-gtr is on a distinguished road
i drive a 2011 boxster and even my wallet leather gets hot in the mid armrest. i dun think its a good idea to ur cake in the trunk it will melt.
335 is better choice for cake delivery.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Byprodriver is on a distinguished road
If you are going to take a cake & eat it too, you'll be glad you drove the BMW.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:31 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
Use the FRONT trunk. It is much cooler. The only heat I notice on the front is from the side radiators, but nothing like the rear trunk.

I am curious that no one has come up with an insulation kit for the rear trunk? Is this simply a lack of space or?

JR

Old 06-12-2011, 03:03 PM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future
I call my rear truck - the pizza oven.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:12 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
Funny you should mention.. pizza. Same day as my post, wife wanted pizza so we took her 987S and put it in the ..rear trunk. It DID keep the pizza warmer than ever before! It was great for that.

BTW, we got a large insulated bag at Trader Joe's that we keep in the back for when we want to take this car and buy heat sensitive goodies. This has helped also.
JR

Old 06-12-2011, 11:49 PM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future
We DO put pizzas in the back as well and have the TJs insulated bag for the front. Practical super car...