Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster spyder turbo exhaust note

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 10:30 AM
224wheels is on a distinguished road
Boxster spyder turbo exhaust note

Just wanted to say hello and post some info for people who are interested in potentially putting a turbo on a gen II car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68HzVe0z1jM

Old 07-19-2011, 02:10 PM
RxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Wow, that must be a sweet ride enjoy.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant future
Any pictures of the rest of your car?
It sounds great!

Old 07-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by RxPorsche
Wow, that must be a sweet ride enjoy.
Thanks. its a blast

Old 07-20-2011, 10:03 AM
a few more pics

Old 07-20-2011, 10:05 AM

Old 07-20-2011, 10:06 AM

Old 07-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant future
Nice, I love it, how much power is it making?

Old 07-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by ModBargains.com
Nice, I love it, how much power is it making?
Claim 460 @ the crank. Going to have it dynoed very soon and I will def post results. It's really fast now, sounds great, and the car can def handle the power increase....I want to post a video of the 0-60 in the near future.

Sway bars and quite links are going to be put on soon. I wanted to be able to feel the transition after the sway bars and links are put on. That way I can let everyone know cost to benefit ratio.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:33 PM
tradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice! Must be a blast to drive.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Autobahnspeed is on a distinguished road
Very nice!

Old 07-21-2011, 07:51 AM
Its really fun to drive. I have never enjoyed driving a car until I bought this car. I came off of 2 wheel race bikes. The boxster spyder is one of the best handling cars out there under 100k. + turbo= every time I get in the car.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:04 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:08 PM
wantaspyder is on a distinguished road
Awesome Car

Thanks for posting the photos and video....the car looks and sounds great. I would really love to get a Spyder in the near future and was hoping you could answer a few things. What happens with the sport button, sport plus button and/or sport exhaust button after the turbo upgrade? Do they still function in a similar manner as the Porsche factory upgrades? Or is the car in full sport and exhaust mode all the time? Also, with the chrono package, do you know if the launch control still functions after the turbo upgrade? Thanks..

Old 10-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by wantaspyder
Thanks for posting the photos and video....the car looks and sounds great. I would really love to get a Spyder in the near future and was hoping you could answer a few things. What happens with the sport button, sport plus button and/or sport exhaust button after the turbo upgrade? Do they still function in a similar manner as the Porsche factory upgrades? Or is the car in full sport and exhaust mode all the time? Also, with the chrono package, do you know if the launch control still functions after the turbo upgrade? Thanks..
My pleasure. If u r thinking about getting one, do it soon. Best car 4 the $ hands down. I have a six speed manual. I Only have the sport button on my car and it still works fine....thank the man upstairs because I wouldn't drive it if the sport button didn't work. I don't have the sport plus or the sport exhaust. No need, if u r thinking about a turbo, everything comes out anyway. Don't **** away $ on the stock options. Even though I would recommend getting the pdk because launch control is only on the pdk and it is well worth the $. I have an audi tts with the pdk and is f'en awesome. Also do yourself a favor and get the alcantara package, because u can't go back later and get it. As far as mods go call mark white at Accumoto. He is the man when it comes to these things and being the Midwest distributor for tpc helps.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Boxster spyder turbo exhaust note