Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What color is this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 07:07 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
What color is this?

aqua blue, looks darker to me?

Old 07-23-2011, 08:20 AM
bullitt44 will become famous soon enoughbullitt44 will become famous soon enough
Lapis Blue maybe. The artificial lighting hides the purple in the color.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:04 AM
aussie jimmy will become famous soon enoughaussie jimmy will become famous soon enough
looks aqua blue to me, although pics look a little 'shopped'

Old 07-23-2011, 11:16 AM
erayd8 will become famous soon enough
Aqua blue metallic- That is the same the color of my 997.2 Cab S.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Quantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by erayd8
Aqua blue metallic- That is the same the color of my 997.2 Cab S.
+1, it's Aqua Blue Metallic.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:49 AM
rubber_ducky is on a distinguished road
abm for sure

Old 07-24-2011, 07:35 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
ABM is my vote as well. The lighting just makes it look a little darker.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Z356 has a spectacular aura aboutZ356 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bullitt44
Lapis Blue maybe. The artificial lighting hides the purple in the color.
The only metallic blue color offered on the Spyder was Aqua Blue. All PTS (Paint to Sample) Spyders, which was offered by PAG for one week with a deadline of March 25th 2011, are being built on these last weeks of July (about now), so they have not yet been delivered to Dubai or anywhere else. So, by definition, this has to be an Aqua Blue Metallic Spyder. Saludos, z356

Old 07-25-2011, 08:10 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
thxxx guys, a stunning color !!

Old 07-25-2011, 10:56 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Is Aqua Blue as desirable as some of the dealers' ads proclaim?

Old 07-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by DLJ
Is Aqua Blue as desirable as some of the dealers' ads proclaim?
I don't know about the ads you are talking about... but I don't think Aqua is that popular in US Porsche market. In the Boxster Spyder, for example, it is probably the rarest color to find, other than the $3+K optional 'Cream White' (which was rarely ordered). That is precisely why I ordered my '12 Spyder in Aqua Blue Metallic. However I chose an interior color - Carrera Red Full Leather - that you don't often see with that exterior! Most Aqua Spyders have black interiors & a few have Sand Beige. I haven't seen yet an Aqua Blue/Carrera Red Spyder in the US!

From my personal observation of ads for new or used Spyders in USA in the past year, Carrara White, Black, Arctic Silver, Guards Red and Basalt Black are the most common colors - in that order. Arctic was dropped late in MY2011, replaced by Platinum Silver. So that color will be also 'rare' due to its late introduction and because MY2012 production is so abbreviated & limited in numbers. Aqua Blue Metallic and Cream White are dead last.

PTS was allowed for ordering only one week - the deadline set for March 25th, 2011. But few of the Paint to Sample Spyder requests were actually accepted by PAG...for one reason or another. I only know of one - in Speed Yellow - which was approved. That option cost $5500, although Speed Yellow was a 'no extra charge' standard color in a Cayman R at its intro. Go figure.

All world-wide PTS orders were bunched up together and among the final Spyders designated to be built - the first starting production just two weeks ago at Zuffenhausen. None will arrive here (or most markets) until later next month, along with all the final Spyders built for MY2012 (including my own, which was scheduled for production last week). The rumor is that all Spyder production will cease (finito, no mas) at the end of July. In other words, as we speak. Let's see if that can be confirmed.

Saludos, z356 (currently in Vail Valley, CO)

Old 07-26-2011, 07:23 AM
rubber_ducky is on a distinguished road
^^^ The "Superman Combo" is semi-common (or should I say not as uncommon) in the BMW world. I've seen Z4 M coupes with interlagos/red. And the e9x cars can be had with either interlagos or lemans blue exterior and fox red interior.

It's a unique combo for sure.

Congrats on your spyder order. I love my ABM Cayman S.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:29 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Saludos Z356- I'm exploring the possibility of purchasing a used Spyder. In my initial online searches I came across a few ads in Autotrader/ Cars.com offering used Spyders in Aqua Blue and they pointed out how rare and/or desirable the color is. Certainly it isn't as common as the usuals (c. white, blacks, silver).
So, does anyone have any idea what the production numbers were for 2011 and estimated run for 2012?

Old 07-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
^^^ The "Superman Combo" is semi-common (or should I say not as uncommon) in the BMW world. I've seen Z4 M coupes with interlagos/red. And the e9x cars can be had with either interlagos or lemans blue exterior and fox red interior.
It will be a modified Superman combo. As you will remember, Porsche allowed on the .2 gt3 RS for anyone to order Aqua with red accents, wheels and decals. With PCCB's, that was truly the correct 'Superman'!

http://www.madwhips.com/upload/image...20-568-426.jpg

I am trying something different in my Spyder since, unlike in the RS, they allow the interiors to be other than 'black'. So it will be different - and will have no 'yellow' to make it a true 'S'! Saludos, z356

Old 07-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by DLJ
Saludos Z356- I'm exploring the possibility of purchasing a used Spyder. In my initial online searches I came across a few ads in Autotrader/ Cars.com offering used Spyders in Aqua Blue and they pointed out how rare and/or desirable the color is. Certainly it isn't as common as the usuals (c. white, blacks, silver).
So, does anyone have any idea what the production numbers were for 2011 and estimated run for 2012?
It has been reported over at Rennlist that there were under 700 Spyders allocated in MY2011 for USA. The limited three month long MY2012 might be well allocate under 80 cars for USA market. No figures in yet that I have seen. Overall, Spyder will be rarer model than all .2 gt3's and gt3 RS's combined ('10/'11) for our market. z356

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What color is this?