Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new Ruf 3400K!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 10:55 AM
ricks234 is on a distinguished road
What a beaut!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Ted
Ted is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really nice
Thanks!

Jimmie I want one of those! That's awesome.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:01 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ted
Wow! Funny you mention this, I just finished scanning a pic from that very article of his engine compartment. I'm seriously considering Strutking's clear cover for mine. Any thoughts?
I have a thought: Badass! That will be very cool. By the way, I still say that the front of that car is the best Porsche treatment; stock or aftermarket.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Ted Is the man

I got a chance to exchange a few E-Mails to our new RUFF Cayman Owner TED
Ted is a real stand up guy and after chatting online with him some all I can say is there isnt a nicer person in the world ..
well deserving of this beautifull RUFF cayman

Old 01-14-2012, 01:54 PM
switchface will become famous soon enough
Woah, I would display that beauty with a clear engine cover!

Any idea as to why there aren't viable supercharged options for our cars (i.e. the TPC route seems to be the preferred FI option)? Does RUF offer the supercharger installation as an add-on option or is it only available as part of the full 3400K package.

Any chance you can take some videos of her in action?

Old 01-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Ted
Ted is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really nice
I ordered the Strutking today, should be here Wednesday, now let's hope it fits. The Ruf engine cover is different/modified from the OEM. There's a hump up front to accommodate the supercharger and related piping.

Thanks Porschepet! I enjoyed talking with you too and am diligently carrying out your request. You're a good man. We'll speak soon.

Thanks,
Ted.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:42 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Lucky man!!!

Old 01-16-2012, 11:41 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool thread. I enjoyed reading your "hunt for a car" post too. RUF really is a special company --- i want to visit there on my next jaunt to Germany. Its right outside Stuttgart. Have you been there Ted?

Also, since the car is supercharged - can you hear the whine of the blower under acceleration? I think that would be AWESOME to hear in a Cayman.

Enjoy the car

Old 01-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Ted
Hi and thanks. No I haven't been there but I would love to go. Yes I can hear some whine but probably not near as much as when I get the clear engine cover on her. I have the Strut and Hip both coming, have to see which one works out/fits since the motor is different/taller near the back due to the SC. Don't you have the Hip?? How do you like it?

Old 01-17-2012, 06:58 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ted
Hi and thanks. No I haven't been there but I would love to go. Yes I can hear some whine but probably not near as much as when I get the clear engine cover on her. I have the Strut and Hip both coming, have to see which one works out/fits since the motor is different/taller near the back due to the SC. Don't you have the Hip?? How do you like it?
Yea, i hope to stop by RUF in April when i go to Stuttgart. Wanna come along?

Clear engine cover will look smooth on this car - esp since you really have something to show. I did have the HIP Design one on my Cayman S but dont currently have a clear cover on my Cayman R. Thinking about it though...

Old 03-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Ted
Hey Gang!

Car is for sale and is listed in the classifieds. I'm working on buying a RT12S. I will sorely miss it, wish I could keep both.

Ted.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Good luck with the sale Ted. It looks like someone will be getting a great car soon.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Ted
Thanks! I'm kinda getting cold feet I love this car. It is very special. I just wish I could have both, trying to figure out a way...

Old 03-18-2013, 02:56 PM
DennisP will become famous soon enoughDennisP will become famous soon enough
Stunning! Congrats. Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:37 PM
idivemike is on a distinguished road
that car is awesome!!! you are a lucky individual

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new Ruf 3400K!