Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tracking the Cayman R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Tracking the Cayman R

I've tracked our Cayman R about 30 days this season, with more to come. Have come to really appreciate how well the car behaves, and the only 'mod' we did was a bit of realignment, mainly more neg camber in the front to even out the tire wear. Still on street tires (currently AD08). Could you use more power, but it's not bad as is, especially if gears are chosen well. Have had zero issues with the car over the course of 15K miles, about half of them track miles.

Have any of you guys tracked the CR extensively? If so, what are your impressions of the car, especially in comparison with other cars you've tracked?

Old 10-05-2012, 11:56 AM
ronaldvetteron will become famous soon enoughronaldvetteron will become famous soon enough
I havenot but a friend of mine is a former ALMS and Rolex 911 driver and has been on tracks in his GT3RS with CRs. He said he is really impressed with their entry into and mid turn capabilities. He, of course, can exit a bit faster and then leverage his horsepower but said, overall, he continues to be more and more impressed with their performance capabilities.