Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

986 2.7L Improved Gas MPG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 08:01 PM
PorschePlenum986 is infamous around these parts
986 2.7L Improved Gas MPG?

I'm new to the Porsche Brand, but itching to try my next mod.

My first mod consisted of a "simple to install" bolt-on plenum that replaces the original stock plenum by Peak Aire Performance, which has yielded 36 to 37 MPG highway driving ( 65- 70 mph avg. ) & 20 to 23 MPG city.

Not sure if these MPG ratings are good or bad, however I found the original sticker price label when the car was sold - 20 City 29 Highway - Comments Welcomed!

Question:

Has anyone successfully increased the size of the stock TB & Intake Plenum from 68mm to 74mm?

I would like to combine the increased performance from the first mod with a larger plenum & TB from a different Porsche model.

Does anyone have the recipe for this "DYI" party?

Old 02-25-2013, 10:41 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorschePlenum986
I'm new to the Porsche Brand, but itching to try my next mod.

My first mod consisted of a "simple to install" bolt-on plenum that replaces the original stock plenum by Peak Aire Performance, which has yielded 36 to 37 MPG highway driving ( 65- 70 mph avg. ) & 20 to 23 MPG city.

Not sure if these MPG ratings are good or bad, however I found the original sticker price label when the car was sold - 20 City 29 Highway - Comments Welcomed!

Question:

Has anyone successfully increased the size of the stock TB & Intake Plenum from 68mm to 74mm?

I would like to combine the increased performance from the first mod with a larger plenum & TB from a different Porsche model.

Does anyone have the recipe for this "DYI" party?
Gee Porsche is really stupid. Here it pays millions of dollars in penalties a year due to its fleet mileage and here's an aftermarket intake maker which increases fuel mileage by 24%.