Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any photos of Rhodium Silver???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 12:11 PM
brt3 is on a distinguished road
Any photos of Rhodium Silver???

I just ordered a Cayman S in Rhodium Silver. I don't think the BTO configurator is accurate when it displays your color choice -- but since this is a new color it's hard to find photos. I found this buried on Porsche's site; could this be the elusive Rhodium???

Old 05-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That's going to be a beauty When is the expected delivery date ?

Old 05-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
That's going to be a beauty When is the expected delivery date ?
First week of August, though the dealer says when they take a build slot and make it a confirmed order, that sometimes speeds things up.

Here's the build; I'm hoping (praying?) that the Rhodium/Platinum Grey Interior/Platinum Semi-Gloss Wheels all look great together...

Attached Images    
Old 05-16-2013, 04:14 PM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
That will be a beautiful car. I saw that you ordered Power Steering Plus. Are you sure you want that?

Old 05-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by GS997S
That will be a beautiful car. I saw that you ordered Power Steering Plus. Are you sure you want that?
This car is primarily for my wife. I got both the Power Steering Plus and the Park Assist thinking those might be good for her. She's an engineer and has done a bit of track driving -- and she immediately fell in love with the Cayman S after being mildly impressed by the standard Cayman.

Please feel free to advise with your thoughts on this. I am relatively new to the brand and am open to input on this. My dealer assured me that the Power Steering Plus only adds boost at low (parking lot) speeds, and does not impact overall steering feel. Please correct him if that's wrong, as I have roughly a week in which I can tweak the build specs...

Old 05-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Keadog is on a distinguished road
Great build. Sport design steering wheel and voice control is exactly what I would have done had I ordered a PDK in my Boxster S (that landed in Rhode Island today). I like the look of the 20" wheels but I went with the standard Boxster S wheel (19) based on what I read on comfort.
I might be tempted to do seat belts Guards Red, but the interior might be too light for them. If it were a black interior, I would.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:16 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Should be a nice setup. One question, I see you have prem package that includes power sports seats but then you also have the power sports seats options for another 2300 bucks! Those are some very expensive power sports seats it appears!!

Old 05-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Keadog
Great build. Sport design steering wheel and voice control is exactly what I would have done had I ordered a PDK in my Boxster S (that landed in Rhode Island today). I like the look of the 20" wheels but I went with the standard Boxster S wheel (19) based on what I read on comfort.
I might be tempted to do seat belts Guards Red, but the interior might be too light for them. If it were a black interior, I would.
Good points, all. I am tempted by the base 19" Cayman S wheels -- and think they look great on the car. They have 40-series rubber instead of 35-series, so I'm sure ride quality improves. I'd guess unsprung weight is lower with the 19's, as we're (finally) seeing some manufacturers downsize wheel sizes to optimize performance -- as with the newly announced Z/28.

My biggest fear is that the wheels and paint won't blend well. I'll have to drop into a dealer and compare the Rhodium sample plate to the Platinum semi-gloss wheels -- but I'm on the road so this will have to wait for a week.

Were I to change the seatbelts, I think I'd go silver/grey to keep with the theme. I do get why people like the red belts, though, as I have them on my trackday car...

Old 05-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by riverflyer
Should be a nice setup. One question, I see you have prem package that includes power sports seats but then you also have the power sports seats options for another 2300 bucks! Those are some very expensive power sports seats it appears!!
I'll ask the dealer, but my understanding is that the Premum Pkg icw (in combination with) Power Sports Seats means that the pricing on the Premium Pkg changes depending on which seat you choose, but does NOT include the seats themselves...

Old 05-17-2013, 07:33 PM
FastlaneTurbo will become famous soon enough
I also ordered my new GT-3 in Rhodium Silver. It is a standard Jaguar color. you can see it here:

http://gtcarlot.com/colors/Jaguar/XF...lver+Metallic/

http://gtcarlot.com/colors/car/56013759.html

Old 05-19-2013, 10:12 AM
tonester99 is on a distinguished road
This articles about the 100,000th Panamera built by Porsche is a Rhodium Silver Metallic

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/05/por...namera-in.html

Old 05-28-2013, 09:44 PM
10SPLAYER is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FastlaneTurbo
I also ordered my new GT-3 in Rhodium Silver. It is a standard Jaguar color. you can see it here:

http://gtcarlot.com/colors/Jaguar/XF...lver+Metallic/

http://gtcarlot.com/colors/car/56013759.html

I am ordering a 911S in Rhodium Silver tomorrow with black interior. I wanted Platinum Silver but was told it was discontinued. Hope the Rhodium Silver is to our liking.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:40 AM
onenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to behold
Great color

Old 07-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Dealer called out of the blue -- the car just landed at the dealership and he someone failed to realize this until the transporter arrived...

I'm thrilled the car is here but frustrated I won't have the ClearBra installer ready to go at delivery.

QUESTION: this is my first Porsche. Are there any details to check for at delivery -- other than the normal detailed visual inspection? I'm driving to Dallas in the morning to take delivery...

NOTE: I'm also jazzed after seeing photos of Rhodium Silver on this 911 (attached below):

Attached Images  

Last edited by brt3; 07-25-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Got the car yesterday. It still reminds me of when we test drove the Cayman for the first time -- and our salesman said, "You can drive the "S", but I don't think you'll be able to tell much of a difference". I don't know about you guys, but there seems to be a MUCH bigger difference between the regular and S Cayman as compared to the difference between the standard 911 and the 911 S. This car is alive!

Here are some photos to clarify just how different Rhodium Silver is from the BTO webpage. The interior is also significant lighter than the configurator showed. This is pretty disappointing -- there's no reason why they can't do a better job of conveying something so important!

Here are the photos; please realize these are from my iPhone, so they're not great pictures. The first is from the Porsche BTO webpage, for comparison:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brt3/9378619392/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brt3/9378620274/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brt3/9375837989/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brt3/9378621404/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brt3/9375838989/

Attached Images      

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any photos of Rhodium Silver???