Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Porsche Cayman Base

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Porschenewbie1 is on a distinguished road
2010 Porsche Cayman Base

Hi all, I'm looking to buy a 2010 Porsche cayman base and wanted your opinion on what I should expect to pay. I know its a broad question to ask since mileage affects cost. Also, I'm torn between getting something with more than 2 seater, or I could get a 2 seater and then trade it in after a year. Any thoughts?

Old 07-21-2013, 10:02 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Never buy a car that you are considering trading in before you even buy it ?

As for price .. CPO. low mile base low to mid 30's .

Old 07-22-2013, 12:17 AM
What about cpo and 27000 miles, is $42k too much

Old 07-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Do you have a link to the vehicle you looking at ?

Old 07-23-2013, 07:57 AM
XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !
If you're going to trade it in in a year, you will lose a good deal of money. These are not fully depreciated.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks for all the advice! I guess perhaps I should look at the 911 which was my original plan until the c4s I was looking at got sold. I then test drove a 2006 cayman s nicely optioned. Price was where I was comfortable, but not saying that I couldn't pay more. It was priced at $36k. But then I started thinking about 2009 caymans and cayman s. Newer engine and possible warranty. The 2006 sold and I was sad. Guess I will have to wait a little longer . Is it correct to assume that the cayman maintenance will be a little less expensive than a 911? Also, I was recommended that the cayman may be better to drive for a porsche novice like me since he seemed to indicate a lot of guys wreck 911 because it drives differently and therefore can be more difficult to drive/ handle. Any thoughts?

Old 07-23-2013, 10:42 PM
mcomet is on a distinguished road
A boxster or cayman will have a more stable feel thru turns as it is mid engined. The 911 will have more of a feel of wanting to oversteer (turn too much) as a lot of weight is in the back. My advice would be to drive both back to back. You will feel a difference. For me my preference was to stay mid engine (I prefer the go cart handling vs raw speed). But you might feel otherwise. A friend of mine said my boxster would lose traction quicker (not sure bout this) than his 996 turbo...but my boxster would be more recoverable. If he lost traction in his 911 he'd be praying as he isn't a perfectly trained driver and would be needing to really do proper technique.

Reality is...either car don't drive it to the limit on public roads and you'll be fine. Basically don't be stupid. Too fast is too fast and both cars have physical limits. Again I'd suggest going by the feel that you like and speed and cost trade offs etc...number of seats ..etc..

I don't think maintainence will be any cheaper. In fact in my old 986 boxster most parts were shared with the 911 996. So really parts cost was same. And maintainence costs per hour at a dealer will be same. In fact this was one of the things making me want a newer Porsche...the fact that I'd be paying a dealer near the same amount for a new car work as an old car. Hourly rate and parts will likely be identical so far as I know. Of course there is always some stuff one can DIY.