Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about brand new boxster S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 11:16 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Question about brand new boxster S

Hey guys I need some help. I went with my dad just the other day to pick up his new yellow boxster S and there were some things I noticed with it that I wanted to know.

When we go over speed bumps or any time the suspension moves enough like a speed bump would I hear a squeak on the left side in the rear it sounds like. Could a control arm or something be loose?

Also I noticed when I turn the wheel full lock to the right or left right before full lock I can hear the tires really squealing and some other noises. Is this just the new tires or normal for this car? When I put new tires on my zr1 my car never made noises like this.

Also is there anything else we should look out for? Other than that the car is fun as hell to drive and looks perfect fit and finish wise. Tad bit of orange peel in the paint though.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:47 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
33 views and no one has a guess to what is going on?

Old 10-24-2013, 06:40 PM
DFW911T will become famous soon enoughDFW911T will become famous soon enough
At 250 miles, I don't have enough experience to answer you with credibility, but I don't hear squeaks over speed bumps. As to full lock turns, at parking lot speed if it goes over more than a 1" transition, tire/wheel feels really insecure.

Let me add a question to yours, does anyone know if the cabling is pre-installed for a rear camera?

Don't mean to thread jack, but your subject line is so perfect.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:59 AM
stixlr8 is on a distinguished road
I have a '14 Cayman S. I haven't heard any suspension squeaks over bumps yet. I would get that checked out. The tire noise when turning at slow speeds is normal. The tires are new and wide.

Oh, and there is no cabling pre-installed for rear camera, AFAIK. Maybe in EUR model where they can display video on PCM, but not here.

Last edited by stixlr8; 10-25-2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:32 AM
phlegm is on a distinguished road
Re the orange peel - is there a protective film on the car? Not exactly sure what you're referring to, but some films can have a slight texture.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:23 AM
There is no film on the car. Orange peel isn't a big deal. Porsche paint isn't perfect. They probably do a different process on the 911s when compared to boxster or cayman.

But yea I thought the suspension squeak wasn't normal. I was wondering though if maybe it is because everything is new and has to be broken in. I already let our sales guy know and if it doesn't go away within 500-1000 miles we'll take it in to get looked at.