Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: just test drove the Cayman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 01:20 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
That red one looks real nice, im just not too much of a fan, there is hardly any diff between this and boxter S, for the little extra power and so on, its not worth it..

Old 09-28-2005, 01:29 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Wow, now that is an amazing opportunity ...
Thanks for sharing

PS - I like the Cayman more and more everyday ... yellow does look beautiful and your pictures would deserve to be in higher resolution

Old 09-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Official Dipshit 2006
shiggins will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by iLLM3
That red one looks real nice, im just not too much of a fan, there is hardly any diff between this and boxter S, for the little extra power and so on, its not worth it..
first of all "and so on" is quite a bit.
second, there is a huge f'in difference between the boxster and this. One has a FREAKING HARDTOP MAN!! christ.

Maybe it's not worth it to you. Maybe you like convertibles, who cares why you like it. Point is, boxsters not for everybody, nor is the cayman, but there are certainly people out there, myself included, who are eagerly awaiting the cayman.

Old 09-28-2005, 01:34 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by shiggins
first of all "and so on" is quite a bit.
second, there is a huge f'in difference between the boxster and this. One has a FREAKING HARDTOP MAN!! christ.

Maybe it's not worth it to you. Maybe you like convertibles, who cares why you like it. Point is, boxsters not for everybody, nor is the cayman, but there are certainly people out there, myself included, who are eagerly awaiting the cayman.
Actually i like coupe's, and if that was the case they should have just made a boxter coupe then.. I just dont see making almost an identical car ?!?

Edit: And i totally agree its purely all about preference and i wish youg ood luck with your Cayman

Old 09-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Official Dipshit 2006
Originally posted by iLLM3
Actually i like coupe's, and if that was the case they should have just made a boxter coupe then.. I just dont see making almost an identical car ?!?

Edit: And i totally agree its purely all about preference and i wish youg ood luck with your Cayman
it is a boxster coupe. That is exactly what it is. Unfortunatley 'Boxster Coupe' makes no sense.

Boxer engine + roadster = Boxster
Boxster + Coupe = confusing

So, we have the Cayman.

Old 09-28-2005, 01:46 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
I prefer "Boupe".

Old 09-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Official Dipshit 2006
well now that's just gay.

Old 09-28-2005, 03:14 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally posted by 9852147
nice post.

do you know when this article will be published?
no idea at all! i don't even know if the test went thru as planned, but if i remember the schedule correctly, the 'Ring was indeed closed to the public on the 26th.

does anybody know if there's a german mag that sounds something "golden steering wheel" or something like that when translated? i know it sounds weird, but that's what i think WR said the magazine was...

i'm actually dying to know which was faster-- the CGT or the MC12. and also the time of the derestricted M6.

Old 09-28-2005, 03:26 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by shiggins
well now that's just gay.

Okay, then how 'bout "Coxster"?

.....It'd be pretty fun to tell a potential girlfriend you're planning to pick her up with your coxster.

...Hey sweetheart, ever seen a black coxster?

...I just waxed my coxster, looks great, I'll post some pics.

...My new coxster is 40% stiffer.

...I hope my coxster doesn't leak on the floor.

...I like to take my coxster out early on the weekends.

...Thinking of getting the 19" upgrade for my coxster.

...My gal cracked the head on my coxster...obviously doesn't know how to drive a stick.

...Sometimes I like to be alone in the mountains, just me and my coxster.

Last edited by Super D; 09-28-2005 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:28 PM
996turbo will become famous soon enough
Great write-up.....you should work for a car magazine.

Old 09-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
Fantastic writeup and pictures thanks!

rofl, just saw Ds post. Im so glad you dont work for Porsche. I can only imagine what they would call the other cars.

Last edited by Ryan in SD; 09-28-2005 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:29 PM
Paul S will become famous soon enough
hesperus, fantastic post. I am very jealous, do you work for Porsche? To drive these fantastic cars pre-launch and to meet the great Walter Rohrl and pick his brain... what a great experience!
Great write-up and pics, thanks.
Super D,

Old 09-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Garey Cooper is on a distinguished road
I think the Cayman is very interesting! My feeling is that in spirit it is close to the original "giant killers' Porsche made thier name on; 550, 356 Carerra, etc. This is the car that could take the place of thier previous mid-market cars like the 924-944-968 series. During thier production these cars sold quite well, and were solid pieces with good racing records and driver reviews.

A Cayman Club Sport? Now you're talking.

Old 09-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Bri
EE
Bri has a spectacular aura aboutBri has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for such a great write up! Pics look great and you explained everything in such detail. If I may ask, where in the Philippines are you located?

Old 09-28-2005, 08:15 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
i hope it looks better in person, because it's kind of ugly in the pics. looks like they mated a boxster with a carerra.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OT: just test drove the Cayman