Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman - A marketing Success Story

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 01:07 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
JP,
You win.

Drive on over, we'll go out and play a round in the Spring.

Dave

Old 01-08-2006, 03:21 PM
MIB
MIB is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Dave
MIB,
One set of clubs is a breeze. Two, a squeeze. But I've done it. And yes, the small backs of the rear seats fold down.

Slap away!!

This is good news for me, bad news for the sales guys. He should end up 50lbs lighter, after the slapping. lol.

I have a Taylor Made Tour bag, thats probably too big. I have been checking out the Porsche bags. They don't look like much, but I can put up with then if it means 2 can fit in a P car.

Thats why I was getting all happy about the Cayman. They have a shot with the Porsche bag with the wheels on it and it easily fitted vertically, so it looks like 2 will fit with ease.

I'm after a Porsche Golf buggy, aka Cayman. They are supposed to arrive here in Oz next month. I will shoot down with my clubs, and have a test Measure.

Regards MJ

Old 01-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Dave
JP,
You win.

Drive on over, we'll go out and play a round in the Spring.

Dave
I will be at Pinehurst in NC in two weeks! I have not swung a club in six months since the move. #HIT this will be UGLY! (Like the girls at that CES show thread.)
Dave, I will make you a deal I will get east sometime this year and I will pick up the round.

We need to talk about this 3.8 conversion! PM me on the details.

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 01-08-2006 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:55 AM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
JP,
Will send PM this pm.

Dave

Old 01-09-2006, 03:03 PM
mbodo is on a distinguished road
to the original point of this thread ..

.. go take a look at the cover of the last 3 issues of Christophorus: 315, 316 & 317 all have Caymen on the front (pun intended).

There it is, case in point, marketing genius.

Old 01-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Haven't seen them, but they help me with my case.

Oops! I promised to keep my trap shut!...

Dave

Old 01-09-2006, 06:11 PM
I sure as hell don't want the Porsche NA mafia breaking my legs.

Old 01-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche **** will say no new create 3.8 for you!

Old 01-10-2006, 06:48 AM
Hilarious

Hilarious

Old 01-10-2006, 06:50 AM
oops.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:19 PM
BAD ASH is on a distinguished road
it's not just a Boxster coupe.
the engine and components are different.
3.2L for the Boxster and 3.4 for the Cayman, the Cayman uses the camshafts from the 911S. and other things I can't remember.
due to the car being stiffer and having less flex it also allowed to fine tune the suspension for a sportier feel.
gear ratios for 1 and 2 gear differ too.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:51 PM
MIB
MIB is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by BAD ASH
it's not just a Boxster coupe.
Its a Boxster on Steroids. LOL.

With a Harda$$ , umm I mean a HardTop.

There is no shame being like the boxster, after all its "instantly Porsche."

I have news for everyone, the Boxster is like the 911.

Whilst we all like to make mountains out of molehills, they are related.

They are brother and sister. Whilst outside people say they look alike, Brother and sister swear they look nothing alike.

The Cayenne is the Fat cousin, and the cayman is the athletic one.
They are all related.

I love the pic on the Porsche site where they are all in a line, all in silver. The Family resemblance is striking, in all of them.

But remember if you have ever dated Twins, they may look alike, but there is always one Wild one and one tame one.

MJ.

Last edited by MIB; 01-10-2006 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Bad Ash,
Thanks for helping me to make my case. A few more hp (because we all know the 3.4L is the same block as the 3.2L), a slightly tighter spring set, a lot things you can't remember, and.....and.....and......and........MARKETING!!!

Old 01-10-2006, 05:20 PM
BAD ASH is on a distinguished road
you bet your A$$ it has to do with marketting but the Cayman is not just a Boxster coupe. Porsche made a mistake and this cayman could be Monster. due to marketting errors we have coupe version more expensive than the roadster version.

The Purpose of a Boxster coupe was a good one, they should have done this long time ago, at lower price than the Boxster it would have sold like hot cakes but Porsche delayed the idea too long.
With the HP race that's going on, there are numerous cars, sedans that are putting good #'s that could have outperformed the Boxster coupe and the only diff form the topless would be rigidity which would be unjustifiable.
Porsche should have given the Topless car the Cayman engine and left the Cayman with Boxster engine to balance price for Performance and justify the Higher price for the topless model.

Now with the Cayman performace near the 911, it's going to hurt the 911 and in the near future don't be surpised if the 911 S would be offered as the base model for 911.

What Porsche has yet to do which would be the ultimate Booster and sales is a Mid Engined 911.
A mid engine 2 seater 911 would be to die for. this would improve handling, performace and do great for sales.
(maybe a future GT2) I'm dreaming but hopefully someday it becomes a reality.
for now I think base 911 sales will go down, many will opt for the Cayman and again a future 911 base woudl be the "S" to justify prices.

Old 01-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Just a boxster?
What Porsche has yet to do which would be the ultimate Booster and sales is a Mid Engined 911.
A mid engine 2 seater 911 would be to die for. this would improve handling, performace and do great for sales. "quote" BADASH

They do make one that handels better and has a better power to weight ratio. It is called the Cayman. The rear engine will give way to the mid -engine as a true SPORTS CAR. What would you rather have a GT3 or a Cayman powered by a GT3? My guess if you took the Pepsi challange it would be the Cayman.

I was not crazy about the looks of the Cayman but after seeing the new 997TT. WOW give me that Techart Cayman with the 3.8.

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 01-10-2006 at 05:45 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cayman - A marketing Success Story