Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updates on the Vivid Racing Project 981 Cayman S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Updates on the Vivid Racing Project 981 Cayman S

Hey all! Been awhile since I have updated my personal car. Finally got the new wheels installed and the car dropped on H&R and WOW, it completely transformed the look and feel of the car. Here is a rundown of the mods completed so far...

Also... Here is the original blog post to see stock pics of the car

First off we will talk about the new wheels. MRR Design is a company based out of Los Angeles California. This company has been in the wheel game for quite some time and have produced private label wheels as well as original equipment for manufacturers. The choice to go with these wheels were based on styling, optimal sizes and more importantly weight. The FS2 is a flow forged model which has great strength properties and a light weight design. The design process allows for a hybrid cast/forging process which allows the wheels to be much stronger than a cast counterpart. This process also enables the use of less material which = less weight. The finish on the wheels is top quality and provides a great contrast against the red Porsche calipers and the sapphire blue paint. For the price of these wheels, the quality is quite amazing.

Wheel specs are...

20x8.5 +45 front ~23lbs front
20x10 +35 rear ~26lbs rear
Brushed Dark Clear finish

H&R Lowering Springs

Possibly one of the most dramatic upgrades was the installation of the H&R Sport lowering springs. The GT4 Model offered a slightly lower suspension from the factory to improve handling. This not only made the chassis stiffer, the vehicle also sits closer to the ground. The standard ride height on the Cayman S has quite a bit of wheel gap and can feel “Soft” at times. The new H&R springs give you a firmer ride with improved spring rates to help with handling. It also removed about 1.3 inches of wheel gap from the front and 1.2 inches from the rear. This allows the new 20″ MRR wheels to sit flush with the fender yet have enough travel for daily driving.

1.3" front
1.2" rear

Agency Power Exhaust System

Every Porsche enthusiast knows that the stock exhaust system is lacking in terms of flow and noise. Our remedy for the situation was an Agency Power dual tip muffler system. This full stainless exhaust system not only frees up lost power from the restrictive factory exhaust, it adds a great deep exhaust note. From the second you put your foot on the throttle you will notice the upgrade in noise and throttle response. It will continue to make power all the way into the top of the RPM range. This product fits both the 2.7l models and the new 3.4l flat 6 engines. This exhaust compliments the VRTuned ECU flash and allows for even better results from the tune. If you are looking for a more sporty tone with proven power gains, this exhaust system is a great choice.

Agency Power Harness Bar

Last but not least, we have the Agency Power Harness bar. The name of the product is pretty self explanatory, but the execution and factory look make this a top of the line product. With very minimal modification you are able to have a proper harness mount that does not obstruct vision and looks like it came directly from Porsche. Available in several different finishes, customers are able to customize the look to match their style or interior options. This is a great addition for those who like to see occasional track use but do not want to have to cut up and destroy their interior. With the new wheels, sticky tires and improved handling and added power, this car is begging to be driven hard.

Future Plans:

I am really, REALLY leaning towards doing some paint matched GT4 intake vents. Pre-drop I was wanting to do something along the lines of the Techart Type II wing. Now that it is dropped, I am thinking more of a ducktail rear spoiler replacement for that sleek wingless look. Also planning on a rear diffuser, possibly the Vorsteiner one.

Let me know your thoughts!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.