Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bost vs. Burmester sound system?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 10:18 AM
AviBen is an unknown quantity at this point
Bost vs. Burmester sound system?

[Oops, pardon typo in title.] As I consider placing an order for a 718 Boxster GTS, I'm wondering about whether to get the Bose or the Burmester sound system. I have the Burmester in my 911 TTS, and it's great, but I don't know how good the Bose is and have doubts about whether the Burmester is worth the large cost over the Bose. I'd appreciate the thoughts of those with actual experience of the Bose in a 718. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by AviBen; 11-05-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:03 PM
jg_atl is on a distinguished road
Somewhere in the Chicago area, some dealer must have a Boxster with a Bose system (and I would only look at a Boxster since the cabin of the Cayman is different and would have different acoustics). You best bet is to do a test drive and see how you like it the Bose system with the top up and the top down.

My guess is that the Boxster cabin is so small that the Burmeister would just be overkill. IMHO, I prefer to listen to the symphony on flat 6 on my 981 GTS. In your case it would be a symphony in flat 4 turbo augmented with the PSE. Of course my ears have been wrecked by too many years at the race track without any hearing protection, and therefore I am far from an audiophile.

Configuring a GTS is lots of fun. Enjoy the process and then you get to wait for the car to arrive.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
My Spyder has Burmester, although honestly it's no better than the Bose in my Cayman R. Yes the cabin differences aside. Get Bose and spend the money toward ceramic brakes and never have to look at dirty wheels again!

By the way, my local dealer has a very nicely equipped '16 Boxster GTS with just over 500 miles on it for $85K. I'd take it over a 718 any day, while saving quite a bit of money. It's been there a few months so I know they're motivated to sell it.

https://www.porscheofsanantonio.com/...b8bccaa72a.htm

Last edited by Steve997S; 11-10-2017 at 12:04 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.