Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

718 Boxster GTS Build Order is IN!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 05:39 AM
rdmustang is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by orclean1
Are you interested in selling your gts
Everything is for sale, right? I don't get the car until September but you're welcome to buy it for $150k USD

Old 06-11-2018, 10:30 AM
orclean1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess 150 is worth it since it has 1000 oz of gold in the trunk , lol lol , are you trading it in to the dealer or selling it privately ? mileage ?

Old 06-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by orclean1
I guess 150 is worth it since it has 1000 oz of gold in the trunk , lol lol , are you trading it in to the dealer or selling it privately ? mileage ?
Neither. This thread is about a build order I submitted last month. I'm waiting to receive it. Not sure why you're making an offer to buy it so I said I would sell it for $150k.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:32 PM
syswizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Indeed...Trump is about to impose a 25% tariff on imported cars.
WOW, your car will be worth a ton of money when that happens !! (So will mine ....LOL !)

Old 07-02-2018, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by syswizard
Indeed...Trump is about to impose a 25% tariff on imported cars.
WOW, your car will be worth a ton of money when that happens !! (So will mine ....LOL !)
I'm just crossing my fingers that if the tariff is implemented it's done AFTER delivery.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:53 AM
syswizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by rdmustang
I'm just crossing my fingers that if the tariff is implemented it's done AFTER delivery.
I think that is this Friday for China !!
Not sure when the auto tariffs will kick in...
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ffs/745342002/
Yikes...that could cost you $25k !!

Old 07-31-2018, 07:19 PM
I just got confirmation that my car has arrived at the Port of Emden! I can't wait

Old 08-01-2018, 10:00 AM
jg_atl is on a distinguished road
Awesome! Next you need to get the name of the ship that is carrying the car and you can follow the ship using one of the ship tracking sites. I don’t remember if the ship name was provided in some of the correspondence or if I had to ask my sales person to get it for me.

Then you will go bonkers following the ship and all of its stops. I think mine went from Eden to Copenhagen to Stockholm to somewhere in the UK, through the Strait of Gibraltar to Valencia Spain, to New Brunswick (losing tracking in the Atlantic Crossing), to New York, to Baltimore, to Charleston, to Savannah, to Jacksonville where I stopped following the ship.

Have fun! The waiting makes it that much sweeter when the car arrives.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by jg_atl
Awesome! Next you need to get the name of the ship that is carrying the car and you can follow the ship using one of the ship tracking sites. I don’t remember if the ship name was provided in some of the correspondence or if I had to ask my sales person to get it for me.

Then you will go bonkers following the ship and all of its stops. I think mine went from Eden to Copenhagen to Stockholm to somewhere in the UK, through the Strait of Gibraltar to Valencia Spain, to New Brunswick (losing tracking in the Atlantic Crossing), to New York, to Baltimore, to Charleston, to Savannah, to Jacksonville where I stopped following the ship.

Have fun! The waiting makes it that much sweeter when the car arrives.
My sales guy has been pretty good. He updates me once a week or so. He said he'll let me know as soon as a ship is assigned. The Delhi Highway is the next ship that goes to Houston which has 2 stops before Houston. It loads on Aug 8 and I'm really hoping my car makes it. Otherwise, the next ship is the Goodwood which arrives 12 days later

Old 08-08-2018, 08:34 AM
My car made it on the Delhi Highway with a scheduled delivery to Houston on 8/21. Dealer said it will be a few more days to make it to the dealer. He said I may be able to take delivery on 8/25!

Old 08-08-2018, 09:06 AM
jg_atl is on a distinguished road
Once it hits the port and gets unloaded, Porsche has to do a few things - inspection, print the Monroney sticker, etc. That takes a couple of days, then to the dealer and they need a day to clean an prep for delivery. Post pix when you pick it up.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by jg_atl
Once it hits the port and gets unloaded, Porsche has to do a few things - inspection, print the Monroney sticker, etc. That takes a couple of days, then to the dealer and they need a day to clean an prep for delivery. Post pix when you pick it up.
Thanks! I can only pick it up on a Saturday so it'll either be 8/25 or 9/1 (or later if there are unexpected delays). Dealer said that 8/25 is a possibility but we'll have to wait and see. I wasn't expecting the car until late September so even a 9/1 delivery would be awesome.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:51 PM
crossmar is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you have a delivery date yet? I order mine at the end of last month and they are telling me December the 7th. What a lead time.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by crossmar
Do you have a delivery date yet? I order mine at the end of last month and they are telling me December the 7th. What a lead time.
Scheduled arrival on 8/21 with a scheduled delivery to me on 8/25.

Old 08-25-2018, 08:02 PM
Today is one of the best days of my life. I finally got my Porsche. After 18 months of shopping and deciding on a configuration and 4 more months to build and deliver I became a Porsche owner! I drove it 250 miles today and could not be happier.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/n6HrjPJ

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 718 Boxster GTS Build Order is IN!