Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

718 Boxster GTS Build Order is IN!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 08:29 PM
crossmar is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rdmustang
Today is one of the best days of my life. I finally got my Porsche. After 18 months of shopping and deciding on a configuration and 4 more months to build and deliver I became a Porsche owner! I drove it 250 miles today and could not be happier.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/n6HrjPJ
That is one bad-*** looking car man...Congratulations! 18 months!? WHAT!! I thought my current wait time of 4 months was long! Dude! You took your time...looks like it was worth it. More pics wouldn't hurt my feelings. My GTS will be here in December....Carmine Red...now I'm thinking of that blue!

Old 08-26-2018, 06:42 AM
jg_atl is on a distinguished road
Looks awesome! I remember the feeling after having to wait so many months. Glad you are getting out and getting some miles on it.

Some suggestions:
1. Clear wrap (I did Xpel). Cover the front of the car, of course, also cover the area around the midship intakes, rocker panels, and around the rear wheels (that area takes more abuse than you might imagine).
2. Get some Zunsport grills to cover the front intakes. You would be amazed at how much crap gets in there. I pulled a dead bird out of mine before I fitted the grills.
3. If you don’t like the mesh insert between the roll bars, you can pick up a clear one from pedrosgarage.com

Enjoy the permagrin!

Old 08-27-2018, 01:04 PM
syswizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Are those Michelin tires any good ?

Old 08-28-2018, 07:25 PM
rdmustang is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jg_atl
Looks awesome! I remember the feeling after having to wait so many months. Glad you are getting out and getting some miles on it.

Some suggestions:
1. Clear wrap (I did Xpel). Cover the front of the car, of course, also cover the area around the midship intakes, rocker panels, and around the rear wheels (that area takes more abuse than you might imagine).
2. Get some Zunsport grills to cover the front intakes. You would be amazed at how much crap gets in there. I pulled a dead bird out of mine before I fitted the grills.
3. If you don’t like the mesh insert between the roll bars, you can pick up a clear one from pedrosgarage.com

Enjoy the permagrin!
Thanks for the feedback. The dealer did an Xpel install so I'm good there. I really like the look without the grills so I'm going to hold off for now. I may change my mind later. I actually enjoy the wind coming in from the back so I'm going to remove the insert but if it gets too much I do like the idea of a clear insert. I really appreciate the help!

Old 08-28-2018, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by syswizard
Are those Michelin tires any good ?
So far I really like them. From what I read they are the clear winner of the 3 possible tires that Porsche ships.

Old 08-29-2018, 07:03 AM
syswizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by rdmustang
So far I really like them. From what I read they are the clear winner of the 3 possible tires that Porsche ships.
What are those other 2 tires ?
How do they compare to Toyo tires ?

Old 08-30-2018, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by syswizard
What are those other 2 tires ?
How do they compare to Toyo tires ?
There is a thread on another forum where people talk about stock tires. Apparently it depends on the size wheel you order. For 20" wheels there are three options:

Michelin Pilot Super Sport
Pirelli P-Zero
GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRIC 2

The general consensus is that the Michelin are the best as they are not super noisy, have good handling, and are relatively durable. I may be completely wrong here as I haven't done extensive research as tires are not something you have a say in. I'll definitely do more research when it's time to replace a tire or four.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:05 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
get burmester so you can have a one of a kind.